Ed Edd n Eddy games

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ed Edd n Eddy games

Post by Mat1234 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:07 am

If there are any ed edd n eddy games out there you want to share post them here.
Mat1234

Back to top Go down

Re: Ed Edd n Eddy games

Post by BrenHans on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:16 am

You mean the ones that already exist or fan ideas?

I remember playing Ed Edd n Eddy Jawbreakers and hating it. I kinda like mis-edventures but it was glitchy, and I remember Hatsune Miku some missions by glitching my way through. I haven't played the DS Ed Edd n Eddy game, but a friend of mine did a walkthrough of it www(dot)youtube(dot)com/playlist?list=PLE5BBA07F4DFD86C7 just replaced "(dot)" with "."
BrenHans

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat1234 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:25 am

The BrenHans wrote:You mean the ones that already exist or fan ideas?

I remember playing Ed Edd n Eddy Jawbreakers and hating it. I kinda like mis-edventures but it was glitchy, and I remember Hatsune Miku some missions by glitching my way through. I haven't played the DS Ed Edd n Eddy game, but a friend of mine did a walkthrough of it www(dot)youtube(dot)com/playlist?list=PLE5BBA07F4DFD86C7 just replaced "(dot)" with "."

Fan ideas
Mat1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dusk on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:29 pm

They should've made, like, an Ed Edd n Eddy fighting game like they did with Billy and Mandy. That would've been epic.
Mr. Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat1234 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:39 pm

Mr. Dusk wrote:They should've made, like, an Ed Edd n Eddy fighting game like they did with Billy and Mandy.  That would've been epic.
We might have to make our own the closest we got to an ed edd n eddy fighting game is mugan the problem is the ed edd n eddy fighters are mediocre at best if a ed edd n eddy fighting game is to be made we might need some new ed edd n eddy sprites cause the Jawbreaker sprites aren't going to cut it.
Mat1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dusk on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:20 pm

Mat1234 wrote:
Mr. Dusk wrote:They should've made, like, an Ed Edd n Eddy fighting game like they did with Billy and Mandy.  That would've been epic.
We might have to make our own the closest we got to an ed edd n eddy fighting game is mugan the problem is the ed edd n eddy fighters are mediocre at best if a ed edd n eddy fighting game is to be made we might need some new ed edd n eddy sprites cause the Jawbreaker sprites aren't going to cut it.
Try the Mis-Edventure GBA sprites. Actually the closest we have is the Clash of the Idiots flash game.
Mr. Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat1234 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:44 pm

Mr. Dusk wrote:
Mat1234 wrote:
Try the Mis-Edventure GBA sprites.  Actually the closest we have is the Clash of the Idiots flash game.
Oh yeah I remember playing clash of the idiots. as for the mis-edventures gba sprites yeah maybe we could try those although we need someone who's good at making fan made fighting games. So do you have any other ideas for ed edd n eddy fangames besides a fighting game?
Mat1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:19 am

I still think that custom sprites would be the best idea for a hypothetical EEnE fighting game. Although there are many more questions about this game than just the artwork. What style of a fighting game are we talking about here, something like Street Fighter or Super Smash Bros? How would each of the characters play out without any of them being significantly weaker than the others? Yes I know that perfect balance in any fighting game is nigh impossible, but everyone with fighting game knowledge knows that "big and slow" fighters are shit while the smaller, faster ones that can pull off insane combos are the God tier ones.
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat1234 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:27 am

Bleach Behemoth wrote:I still think that custom sprites would be the best idea for a hypothetical EEnE fighting game. Although there are many more questions about this game than just the artwork. What style of a fighting game are we talking about here, something like Street Fighter or Super Smash Bros? How would each of the characters play out without any of them being significantly weaker than the others? Yes I know that perfect balance in any fighting game is nigh impossible, but everyone with fighting game knowledge knows that "big and slow" fighters are shit while the smaller, faster ones that can pull off insane combos are the God tier ones.
I agree Bleach custom sprites are a better idea for a game like this as for what kind of fighting game style I'm not sure, what style of fighting game are you referring to Dusk?
Mat1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Recursive Sweatpants on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:57 pm

I would love to see an EEnE game with a large focus on some sort of building or construction mechanic. The inventive creations that not only Edd, but even some of the other kids have made throughout the show really gave it much of its charm in my opinion, and it would be cool to see that reflected in a game.

If it were to go with my own fantasies of what I'd really want to see in a game, the game's plot or overall goal would revolve around using that construction mechanic to ultimately build a gigantic tower in the middle of the cul-de-sac, either to reach somewhere or something very high up (a UFO that's stationary for some reason, maybe?) or to accomplish something similar, and the choices the player makes while building it affects how it functions (such as the player designing the layout that will help them in a chase sequence where they could use the environment they built to their advantage to slow down their pursuer or give them extra mobility). Of course, the play would be able to build other things, like custom weapons, vehicles, or whatever they may need for how the rest of the game actually plays, but focusing on that core building mechanic I think would make for a really cool game.
Recursive Sweatpants

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dusk on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:09 pm

It'd probably be more like Super Smash Bros, given all the characters in the show are nigh invincible, a more "sumo" mechanic (out of ring) would fit much better than something akin to street fighter.

Hmm...based around building sounds cool too, but it sounds more like something KND would do. I figure the story for that would be Eddy planning a huge scam and they need a lot of stuff for it (like the "Eds' Sea Ranch idea) and the game can be based around that and building other stuff.
Mr. Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat1234 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm

Mr. Dusk wrote:It'd probably be more like Super Smash Bros, given all the characters in the show are nigh invincible, a more "sumo" mechanic (out of ring) would fit much better than something akin to street fighter.

Hmm...based around building sounds cool too, but it sounds more like something KND would do.  I figure the story for that would be Eddy planning a huge scam and they need a lot of stuff for it (like the "Eds' Sea Ranch idea) and the game can be based around that and building other stuff.

OK Smash bros it is.
Mat1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:56 pm

Alright, a Super Smash Bros-type fighting game then. Twelve characters just like in the original, Bro as the final boss of Classic Mode (like Master Hand in SSB) and the stages should make good reference to areas within the show. Movesets for the characters should be made later, although I claim dibs on Eddy & Kevin for their moves.

Also Yosh, are you thinking of an EEnE Tower Defense game? Honestly, that sounds like it would be pretty easy actually, compared to the fighting game idea lol.
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat1234 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:14 am

Before we begin doing any of those game ideas how many of you actually know how to make a game and what engines do you excel at when making games because the last thing we need are broken fangames I've collected every ed edd n eddy fangame I can find and so far only three of them actually are playable.
Mat1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:28 am

I have used Game Maker 8 to make a short and dumb platformer featuring Ed for a high school final, but I doubt that really counts as a fan game.

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat1234 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:32 am

Iggy wrote:I have used Game Maker 8 to make a short and dumb platformer featuring Ed for a high school final, but I doubt that really counts as a fan game.
Have you've improved on gamemaker 8 since then?
Mat1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Recursive Sweatpants on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:35 am

I have moderate programming experience, and it would be good practice to get back to making stuff in Game Maker again. I'd be up for attempting anything we conceive of here, but just note that I have no artistic skill whatsoever when it comes to sprites and animations, so I would require someone else to make all of the art for the game for me to work with.

Bleach Behemoth wrote:Also Yosh, are you thinking of an EEnE Tower Defense game? Honestly, that sounds like it would be pretty easy actually, compared to the fighting game idea lol.

Not a tower defense game. I meant a hybrid between a 3D platformer like the Mis-Edventures and a build-em-up like Nuts and Bolts and The Sims--the player would collect materials throughout the levels and use them to literally design and build a tower up to the sky. I thought were talking about hypothetical "EEnE games you wish were real" situation; if we're going to actually be making one, then the game would be 2D, and the building mechanic would probably have to be made way simpler, if not scrapped altogether.
Recursive Sweatpants

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat1234 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:44 am

Recursive Sweatpants wrote:I have moderate programming experience, and it would be good practice to get back to making stuff in Game Maker again. I'd be up for attempting anything we conceive of here, but just note that I have no artistic skill whatsoever when it comes to sprites and animations, so I would require someone else to make all of the art for the game for me to work with.

Bleach Behemoth wrote:Also Yosh, are you thinking of an EEnE Tower Defense game? Honestly, that sounds like it would be pretty easy actually, compared to the fighting game idea lol.

Not a tower defense game. I meant a hybrid between a 3D platformer like the Mis-Edventures and a build-em-up like Nuts and Bolts and The Sims--the player would collect materials throughout the levels and use them to literally design and build a tower up to the sky. I thought were talking about hypothetical "EEnE games you wish were real" situation; if we're going to actually be making one, then the game would be 2D, and the building mechanic would probably have to be made way simpler, if not scrapped altogether.
I don't have good artistic skills either and yes I do want these games to actually be made if possible I'm trying to revive the ed edd n eddy fangame community so yeah if an idea is possible lets make it happen.
Mat1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:08 am

Mat1234 wrote:
Iggy wrote:I have used Game Maker 8 to make a short and dumb platformer featuring Ed for a high school final, but I doubt that really counts as a fan game.
Have you've improved on gamemaker 8 since then?
I'm kind of rusty on it, but I might one day do a better game when I'm not lazy enough.

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Recursive Sweatpants on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:14 am

I'd be on board for programming if we can get a basic idea for the game down. I don't know if I could do a decent Smash Bros-style (or any style really) fighting game, though. That requires a lot of finesse with hitboxes and insane calculations for the damage and physics to be of any decent quality, and considering I have trouble calculating proper collisions for a platforming game, I think it'd be best to switch to a different genre.

However, if we must have a focus on fighting, I do think it would be within my grasp to do a sort of relatively simple beat-em-up, like the Scott Pilgrim video game.
Recursive Sweatpants

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat1234 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:23 am

Recursive Sweatpants wrote:I'd be on board for programming if we can get a basic idea for the game down. I don't know if I could do a decent Smash Bros-style (or any style really) fighting game, though. That requires a lot of finesse with hitboxes and insane calculations for the damage and physics to be of any decent quality, and considering I have trouble calculating proper collisions for a platforming game, I think it'd be best to switch to a different genre.

However, if we must have a focus on fighting, I do think it would be within my grasp to do a sort of relatively simple beat-em-up, like the Scott Pilgrim video game.

what about a maze game like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdgN9xH2-pI or a side shooter like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcI_Fd5nTtM
Mat1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Recursive Sweatpants on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:42 am

Oh, I could make games like those easily, no sweat. I'm just saying I can't make anything like SkullGirls or SSB.

If we are going to be serious about this, though, I think everyone on the project should watch this video, as well as their whole series if they have the time:
Recursive Sweatpants

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat1234 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:52 am

Recursive Sweatpants wrote:Oh, I could make games like those easily, no sweat. I'm just saying I can't make anything like SkullGirls or SSB.

If we are going to be serious about this, though, I think everyone on the project should watch this video, as well as their whole series if they have the time:

OK how about we start with a maze game possibly expand on the ed edd n eddy jawbreaker maze game as seen in one of those videos I sent you how about we try to have all nine of the kids of the cub-da-sac as playable characters and thanks for the video. So is everyone ok with starting with a maze game?
Mat1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:00 am

I'm ok with any fan game starring an Ed.

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat1234 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:01 am

All right anyone else want to help with this game?
Mat1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top