Dune (Novel)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dune (Novel)

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:36 pm

Please, for the love of God tell me I'm not the only one here who's read this amazing book. It's an old epic sci-fi book made in 1965 by Frank Herbert and it's one of the most influential works of sci-fi out there. I remember reading it back in my senior year of high school and it was one of the best novels I've ever read. The amount of themes explored in this book is very interesting, and really before this story came out most sci-fi books focused more on the technology rather than the religion, politics and conflicts power that would also exist in a sci-fi setting. Of course there's far more to it than that, but if any of you guys are looking for a good read, check Dune out and you shouldn't be disappointed.

Last edited by Bleach Behemoth on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Re: Dune (Novel)

Post by Phoenix Brave Hideki on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:38 am

Unfortunately I only heard about it. I never seen the movie or read the book. I only know about sand worms and spice.
Phoenix Brave Hideki

Back to top Go down

Post by Spikender on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:40 am

I've seen the movie and played the games but never read the book.

Might read it one day, but right now, I'm on the fence. If someone would throw some of that spice my way though...

I might just read it sooner rather than later.
Spikender

Back to top Go down

Post by Noisy Boy on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:22 pm

Haven't read the book, seen some of the movie and all I know about the franchise is Sandworms, House Harkonnen, Spice, Desert Planet and David Lynch hates the Movie.
Noisy Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top