Regular Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Regular Show

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Anything but

I'm surprised there isn't any discussion about this show yet. Anyway, thoughts on the most recent episode, "1000th Chopper Flight Party"?

To summarize the episode, Betacai and Rigby, our favorite pair of douchebags, get invitations to Margret's dad's party to celebrate this one-thousandth chopper flight as the episode's title states. Although CJ can't make it at first, she trusts Mordo to not be disloyal towards her again, so he, Rigby and Eileen can go. As expected Mordecai is incredibly awkward and cringe-worthy to just even watch at the party, making it pretty uncomfortable for any viewer as we're supposed to sympathize and relate to this jackass. Later Margret's dad who still likes Mordecai (both of Margret's parents like Mordecai still lol), takes him, his wife and red Mordecai up on his chopper. Then CJ comes over and thinks that Mordecai is already trying to cheat on her again (which is understandable from how it looks without prior knowledge tbh). Of course since cloud bitch has fucking issues up the ass (shit, she just got over her daddy problems in an earlier episode), attempts to fucking murder the bird people and Margret's dad. Thankfully shit simmers down once Margret reveals she already has a boyfriend, some preppy fellow who already seems a lot better than all of her previous boyfriends (including Mordecai). After this incident Mordecai still seems cool with CJ like the beta male he is, but CJ is distraught, having realized how she almost killed four people in rage. She runs away, which is probably good since if any cops showed up she would be hauled to jail so fast.

So, your opinion on the show itself and other stuff relating to it?
Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Re: Regular Show

Post by SkullDevil on Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:07 pm

I actually think the show is good, but surprisingly I don't watch it that often. I like the characters and the scenarios they're put into. Rigby and Mordecai are just awesome bros though. Cool

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:32 pm

SkullDevil wrote:I actually think the show is good, but surprisingly I don't watch it that often. I like the characters and the scenarios they're put into. Rigby and Mordecai are just awesome bros though.  Cool

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mordecai & Rigby seem "awesome" since the show is from their perspective, but it's been shown from the viewpoints of several other characters on the show that the two are basically douchebags. Really 99% of "awesome" people tend to be douchebag dude-bros anyway.

Honestly this whole Mordecai/CJ/Margret love triangle needs to be put to death. I know this was predicted to be a terrible mess since future Rigby warned us in "New Year's Kiss", but it's starting to drag on bad. Right now Margret's clearly shown that she's moved on, but Mordecai still has feelings for her and CJ is upset at this. Margret's mere presence is the only thing she's at fault of, since if she wasn't around I can guarantee that Mordecai & CJ would have a stable, fun, healthy relationship right now. Mordecai really needs to stop being so fucking dense and awkward, it's terrible to see. He's really the one largely responsible for this whole mess due to his beta-male personality and absolutely stupid decisions he makes. For fucks' sake man, why did you kiss your ex at a party right in front of your current girlfriend? CJ's starting to deteriorate from this mess as well. In "Real Date", her turning into a storm and getting revenge on Matchmaker McIntyre was awesome to see since he was pretty much fucked to begin with and it seemed pretty sweet she was avenging Mordecai after it looks like he got killed. Now when CJ went into storm-bitch mode in "1000th Chopper Flight Party", it just looks immature and psychotic. I don't blame her for being mad at Mordecai's shit, but good God the writers did not make her look sympathetic at all in this episode.

Don't get me wrong, I still like Regular Show since I still have hope in it at least (unlike Adventure Time), but this love triangle is a cancer that must be eradicated if the show's quality wants to get better.
Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullDevil on Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:17 pm

Wow, can't believe they're still dragging on Mordecai's obsession with Margret. I thought that ended in the Laundry Woes episode.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by The Power on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:25 am

Holy crap, that episode was good but the love triangle is dragging on. I need more Rigby x Eileen.
The Power

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEelsOfForgiveness on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Regular Showwww! (By the way, did y'all know there's a Regular Show Movie coming out this year? And an Adventure Time one too.)

I've been watching this show since Season 1 and may'n do I love it. I can't say that I love it more than the likes of Steven Universe, but it's definitely one of the "awesome shows that bring back that 90's feel!"

Regular Show and Adventure Time were one of the first couple of shows to kick-start the new era of Children's toons and it's been a pretty awesome ride.

Regular Show stood out from the others because, it's so damn relatable. Mordecai and Rigby interact just like how me and my friend(s) used to. They even use the same language I'd use "duuude!"
The episodes were seemingly random and are very refreshing to watch considering every cartoon seems to be trying to crush your heart these days.

I do have to say that, I've been enjoying the show, slightly less than usual in recent seasons, though, I think that's purely my (and my girlfriend's..) own fault, getting involved in silly fan-drama and bickering about stupid things rather than enjoying the show.
One criticism I have of the show (this romance crap aside) is the character development. For example, Rigby's dramatic switch from hating/being-grossed-out-by/disliking Eileen to now being very much okay with her (or maybe more). All this was done seemingly overnight and felt very forced. The team have mentioned how Rigby's character development shows that a lot has happened behind the scenes.. Which... No. Just no. That's bad writing. And making a joke about it using Benson complaining about nobody remembering he broke up with Audrey does *not* make that okay.

However, to counter that, I love than Benson's character is now more than just an angry shouting voice. And the small bits of back-story of each character we get is very nice indeed. (Skips' is just wonderful.)
TheEelsOfForgiveness

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:50 pm

Ah nice to see you post again Kyron (yes TheEelsOfForgiveness is BE, but he told me his old account got listed as inactive and he can't access it).

I can agree with you on that post Kyron. True "it was behind the scenes" is really bad writing, and has been used to explain Rigby's growing attraction for Eileen and why Benson is no longer with Audrey. But yeah Benson has honestly been shaping up to really being up there on my favorite characters on Regular Show. He's finally learning that his anger has more than just the two dials of "Peacefully Relaxed" and "INCREDIBLY MOTHERFUCKING PISSED OFF!!!11!" now.

Also we're supposed to see a wedding soon this season (probably between Muscle Man and Starla). Hopefully that ends up being a pretty GOAT episode.
Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:09 pm

Bleach Behemoth wrote:
Also we're supposed to see a wedding soon this season (probably between Muscle Man and Starla). Hopefully that ends up being a pretty GOAT episode.

But Sam

It's a MUSCLE MAN episode. Since when has any one of them ever been good?
Space Soup

http://diaplank.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Space Soup wrote:But Sam

It's a MUSCLE MAN episode. Since when has any one of them ever been good?

Yes yes Muscle Man still owes Benson $12,000 after "The End of Muscle Man". But still I don't really mind him or episodes that center around him much. Sure he started off really obnoxious and bad, but even though he's still a troll, Muscle Man like Benson has improved as a character as the show's went on. "Married and Broke" was pretty decent too, so I have hope that his wedding episode should be alright at the very least.
Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Spikender on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:36 pm

I gotta kinda skip some of your posts, BB, cuz I haven't seen the latest episode yet, but I love Regular Show and it's one of my favorite current Cartoon Network shows.

Benson has always been my favorite character on the show and I'm glad it seems like the writers are warming up to him or making him more sympathetic. Then again, I've always been sympathetic to him... Mordecai and Rigby really are two slackers, though they've definitely been improving lately on the show.
Spikender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top