Pokemon General

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pokemon General

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Of course, besides EEnE & TF2, Pokemon was another huge franchise that a ton of us from The3Eds enjoy. I myself have pretty much grown up with EEnE & Pokemon my whole life, ever since I was exposed to both of them. My first game being Gold and first starter being a Cyndaquil (yeah I started with 2nd gen and then got the first gen games). Now I'm nineteen years old and I still lov e the games. So far I am psyched up for OR/AS (the third gen remakes) and hopefully I end up getting OR on my birthday or Christmas, either one is good since they're only six days apart, kek.

Anyway, post anything about Pokemon relating to the games. From competitive battling, favorite Pokemon, trading, and much more, there's plenty to discuss here folks.

Last edited by Bleach Behemoth on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Re: Pokemon General

Post by SkullDevil on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:48 pm

You said it man. Pokémon is my childhood, I adore it that much. In fact, I mentally slapped myself when I lost my Silver cartridge.

I'm looking forward to the Hoenn remakes. Groudon and Kyogre's primal forms look awesome.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat1234 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:01 pm

Does anyone remember the pokemon play it series which came with some starter decks of the pokemon trading card game, when it was made by wizards of the coast I really enjoyed those games.
Mat1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:09 pm

I haven't played the trading card game in ages Mat1234. All I know is that like Yu-Gi-Oh, the TCG currently suffers from a Hatsune Miku power creep, and many of the current cards really Hatsune Miku older ones. I mean really, just look how bad it is:

Compared to this:

Also I was never really a fan of how the energy to use moves worked in the Pokemon TCG, but that's another story. Although speaking of power creep, I'm starting to feel in in the main games too. Shoot, 6th gen UU might as well be 4th gen OU, that's how it is now.
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Brave Hideki on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:43 am

I mostly collect the cards as hobby rather than use them to actually play them.
Phoenix Brave Hideki

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorFrickinRetro on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:31 am

Team Squirtle
DoctorFrickinRetro

Location : center of the Earth next to Parangaricutirimicuaro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobias on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:29 pm

Finally was able to buy a used copy of Pokémon Diamond at a game shop; I've never played this (or Pearl or Platinum) before. The first (and until now, only) mainline Pokémon game I had for my DS was HeartGold.

There are things I like and don't like about this game, but I'll talk about that later. But right now I'm busy focusing on the fact that my DS charger does not seem to work. Because of course it doesn't.

Also: 100th post in the subforum. Wooooooo!

http://tobymobias.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:49 am

Mobias wrote:Finally was able to buy a used copy of Pokémon Diamond at a game shop; I've never played this (or Pearl or Platinum) before. The first (and until now, only) mainline Pokémon game I had for my DS was HeartGold.

There are things I like and don't like about this game, but I'll talk about that later. But right now I'm busy focusing on the fact that my DS charger does not seem to work. Because of course it doesn't.

Also: 100th post in the subforum. Wooooooo!

Oh man, sorry about hearing that your DS charger sucks, and the fact you got Diamond. As a life long fan of Pokemon even I will admit that Diamond and Pearl are the worst in the series. Platinum pretty much takes everything wrong with D/P and fixes it up to be a much better game. More Pokemon, a faster surfing speed, more activities, etc.

Anyway, if anyone here plays on Showdown, I'd be up for battling, just give me a holler.
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by The Villain of Scams on Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:07 am

I completely second what BB said, Diamond sucks. It's not THAT bad as a game, but for a Pokemon game it's probably the worst. ;-;
The Villain of Scams

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Sushi on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:33 am

TBH, Diamond and Pearl are the worst in the series just because of how slow they are (even Gen 1 was faster). Granted, I agree with BB about them having other problems, but I recently tried catching Azelf and Uxie to transfer to Black and it felt like torture just due to the speed.

Also, I'd just like to say that despite how hyped I am for the Gen 3 remakes, Mega Salamence is easily the stupidest-looking of the Mega Evolutions so far.

(it's about freaking time that we had a general thread for Pokemon, BTW)
King of Sushi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobias on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:40 am

I'm enjoying the story of Diamond, but yeah it's tedious as fuck. It comes off as babby's first pokeymans. One of the supposedly 'tough' gyms took me literally five minutes to beat. Even with type advantages, gyms should be challenging.

Also, Great Balls and Repels don't work for fucking shit. It took like six balls to catch a goddamn Kricketune when it had a sliver of health. Eventually I used a Timer Ball and caught it.

And crippling the Cut move outside of battle is serious bullshit. I loved being able to Cut down tall grass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:41 pm

Mobias wrote:I'm enjoying the story of Diamond, but yeah it's tedious as fuck. It comes off as babby's first pokeymans. One of the supposedly 'tough' gyms took me literally five minutes to beat. Even with type advantages, gyms should be challenging.

Also, Great Balls and Repels don't work for fucking shit. It took like six balls to catch a goddamn Kricketune when it had a sliver of health. Eventually I used a Timer Ball and caught it.

And crippling the Cut move outside of battle is serious bullshit. I loved being able to Cut down tall grass.

If you want a "babby's first pokeymans" that would be X/Y instead in terms of difficulty. Platinum again also makes for a much more challenging game than D/P did. Also do remember that it is always manipulated luck in terms of catching a Pokemon. One time I've caught a Zygarde in my Y version in one try with an Ultra Ball, a Pokemon which only has a catch rate of three (meaning it's the hardest the game will make a Pokemon be able to get caught at). Then there's been random wild Pokemon with far higher capture rates that have drained me of my Poke Balls before. Just remember that moves like False Swipe, paralysis/sleep, having a bunch of Poke Balls stocked up and saving beforehand helps a lot in catching. Also the Move Deleter is in Canalave City (the steel gym area) in a house below its Pokemon Center. Yeah, best to generally avoid teaching HMs to main party members as much as you can, instead just using an HM slave like a Bibarel works much better.

Now speaking of the new Mega Evolutions, have you guys seen how the Korean website accidentally leaked Mega Slowbro & Audino? Mega Slowbro has a funny design that makes me smile every time I seen it, but unfortunately its ability "Shell Armor" is trash. Mega Audino I am surprised is our first fifth generation Mega Pokemon, and now with the additional type of Fairy added on to it, this once EXP punching bag might make for a decent team member in battles.
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:40 pm

GUYS WE GOT THREE MORE MEGA EVOLUTIONS TODAY!

Mega Gallade is sweet, nice that he finally got one when Gardevoir did. No one's sure if it's still Psychic/Fighting or Fairy/Fighting, although the later would be intense if it could abuse that type combo for great offense.

Mega Sharpedo I called after seeing Archie with what looked like a mega stone in the trailer. I like how this guy incorporates characteristics of goblin and sawtooth sharks, both underrated and interesting deep sea creatures. After some Speed Boosting and a Swords Dance in the regular form, then you Mega Evolve and should easily sweep with some devastating Crunches.

Mega Camerupt I too called after also seeing Maxie with a mega stone in the trailer. I really like how Mega Camerupt looks, man is it so fluffy and I'd pet it, although I would also probably burn myself too, lol. Shame it didn't get Water Absorb as a new ability, since it really can't abuse Sheer Force with its current movepool. Typical GameFreak designing all of their Pokemon with VGC and double battles in mind. Let's hope that Camerupt gets some moves in OR/AS so it can abuse Sheer Force with like Flare Blitz.
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Okay so bumping this thread again. I've actually been playing the TCGO (Trading Card Game Online) a lot lately and have found it to be easy to get into. Anyone else have some Pokemon related stuff to discuss?
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobias on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:51 am

Hoping to afford ORAS this week after my cheque is cashed. (Probs going with Alpha Sapphire)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobias on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:35 am

update: I have obtained Alpha Sapphire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:22 am

Mobias wrote:update: I have obtained Alpha Sapphire.
Nice, I hope you have fun with it Toby!

TBH I found it pretty easy, the remakes definitely could've stopped with all the hand-holding. Still it's alright I guess.
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Saffaur on Sat May 30, 2015 7:02 pm

bumping to say

<33 omega ruby!!!!!! remake of my favorite gen? YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

also just curious but what's everyone's favorite types?

its a tie between steel and dragon for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Brave Hideki on Sat May 30, 2015 7:09 pm

It's a little hard to pick since I have many but.... Fire Steel Bug Ground Rock Flying are mine favs.
Phoenix Brave Hideki

Back to top Go down

Post by Saffaur on Sat May 30, 2015 7:13 pm

DoctorFrickinRetro wrote:Team Squirtle
ALSO AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO WENT FOR BULBASAUR?????????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Sat May 30, 2015 8:21 pm

Saffaur wrote:
DoctorFrickinRetro wrote:Team Squirtle
ALSO AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO WENT FOR BULBASAUR?????????????
I'm Team Bulbasaur.

And my favorite type is Dark.

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:00 am

So, a trailer for Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon just came out a couple days ago, and already it's shitting all over Gates to Infinity. This one actually has all Pokemon up to date, twenty starters to pick from (all eighteen traditional starters plus Pikachu & Riolu), the return of hunger, monster houses and it has a plot too of a legendary Pokemon turning other Pokemon into stone. Some of my worries are already gone which is good, so I might just pick this game up when it's released.

Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Efe Clemenza on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:47 am

Saffaur wrote:bumping to say

I'm just glad to see that someone else went with Ruby. Almost everyone I know played Sapphire. Also, my favorite types would have to be Electric, Fire, and Poison, and in that order.

Saffaur wrote:ALSO AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO WENT FOR BULBASAUR?????????????

I probably did too, but I legitimately don't remember a single Pokemon on my Gen 1 team besides a Pikachu that I named "ZZAP!"

Bleach Behemoth wrote:So, a trailer for Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon just came out a couple days ago, and already it's shitting all over Gates to Infinity. This one actually has all Pokemon up to date, twenty starters to pick from (all eighteen traditional starters plus Pikachu & Riolu), the return of hunger, monster houses and it has a plot too of a legendary Pokemon turning other Pokemon into stone. Some of my worries are already gone which is good, so I might just pick this game up when it's released.

It was a day one purchase for me the moment I heard it was announced. I'm seriously a huge fan of the Mystery Dungeon series, though while we're speaking of side games, I hope that Game Freak hasn't forgotten about the Ranger series.
Efe Clemenza

Back to top Go down

Post by Usagi on Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:13 am

Saffaur wrote:bumping to say

i'm surprised you didn't pick SAPPHIRE

HAHAHAHAHAHA GET IT

(crickets chirp)

anyway my favorite type is fairy BY FAR

♥ it's my party and i'll cry if i want to ♥
Usagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Saffaur on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:27 pm

Bleach Behemoth wrote:So, a trailer for Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon just came out a couple days ago, and already it's shitting all over Gates to Infinity. This one actually has all Pokemon up to date, twenty starters to pick from (all eighteen traditional starters plus Pikachu & Riolu), the return of hunger, monster houses and it has a plot too of a legendary Pokemon turning other Pokemon into stone. Some of my worries are already gone which is good, so I might just pick this game up when it's released.

they better fucking remove the gender limit on there

i had to be a boy to be a fucking shinx and boys who wanted to be eevees had to be girls DESPITE EEVEE HAVING A GENDER RATIO FAVORING BOYS ASKNSGKNDFHKFDKJHNDJKH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top