Logan's Very First Nuzlocke Run

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Logan's Very First Nuzlocke Run

Post by Space Soup on Sun May 24, 2015 10:11 pm

NOTE: This Nuzlocke Run is in no way, shape, or form, supposed to piggyback off of Mr. Dusk's own Nuzlocke Run.

...Okay, maybe it is, just a little. This Nuzlocke Run, using the Gen IV Game Pokemon Platinum, has no particular theme, but will nonetheless be treated with the same seriousness as any Nuzlocke Run. Of course, the rules have been tuned as such, while still bearing in mind this is my first attempt at a Nuzlocke.

RULES IN PLACE

1. The first Pokemon in any location that is not a town/city and actually has tall grass for Pokemon to be caught in must be caught. A "Species Clause" will be put into place to prevent species found in multiple locations from being caught every time. Pokemon must be nicknamed upon capture. In addition, should the player choose to fish in a body of water, only one Pokemon can be fished out of said body of water using whatever highest-level of rod they have on them at the time of the game. If no fish is hooked, the player must try again. There are also instances of Pokemon that can only be found on certain occasions (for example, in a location at night, or on a Friday.) In this case, the Pokemon can be caught as is, exempt from the rule.
  2. Should a Pokemon faint at any point during a battle, that Pokemon is to be boxed once a Pokemon Center is reach. Revives are not allowed to be used at any point. Potions, Status-healing Items, and Pokemon Centers are allowed.
  3. If our hero should "Black/White Out" at any point during the run, it's a Game Over. The player cannot reset the battle using foreign means such as savestating. However, as a possible exception, if our hero gains a badge, that is considered a checkpoint, and the game can be continued from whenever that badge was obtained. The rules still apply even if Pokemon may have been caught before the White-Out occurs and are, by that logic, lost. (Checkpoint Rule pending)
  4. If an odd-colored Pokemon, otherwise known as a "Shiny" appears, as unlikely as it is, it will immediately be caught, and be immune to the first rule. But not the second rule -- seeing as this run shall be played on an emulator anyway.
  5. Obviously, the plot will involve a Legendary Pokemon of some kind. Should any be encountered within the journey, they must be defeated in battle, and NOT caught.
  6. Pokemon on a team MUST be captured by a trainer. Trades and handouts are not allowed. Eggs are exempt from this rule, as they are given the OT of the protagonist when they are hatched regardless of origin.
  7. There is an Hold Item/Key Item in the Pokemon games known as an Exp. Share. Should it be obtained, it is not to be held/switched on.
  8. The Starter obtained depends on the last digit of the player's ID Number. If it ends with 1 to 3, the player obtains the Grass Starter. 4 to 6, the Fire starter. and 7 to 9, the Water starter. Zero lets the player have the starter of his or her choosing.
  9. All rules are set into place the moment the player is given his or her first set of Poke Balls and is able to catch Pokemon.
    SPECIAL RULE:
    There is a Key Item in the game that can allow a Pokemon to change its forme. However, it is only obtained normally from an Event. If this Pokemon is to be caught, there may be the possibility of cheating to get the Key Item in order to properly use this Pokemon and any one of its five different formes. This will be the only time cheats will be used in the run in any way, shape, or form. In addition, if the Pokemon is caught and I have access to said formes, one forme must be chosen, and that forme must be kept through the entire game, or as long as the Pokemon lasts, whichever comes first.

I won't be starting right away, so if these rules sound reasonable, and if anyone has any qualms about the spoilered rule, please say so.
Yes, I will attempt to catch a Buizel/Floatzel at some point during this run. No, it fainting will not result in an automatic game over.

Last edited by Space Soup on Mon May 25, 2015 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Space Soup

http://diaplank.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Logan's Very First Nuzlocke Run

Post by SkullDevil on Mon May 25, 2015 2:04 am

More Nuzlockes is good for the world.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Mon May 25, 2015 2:05 am

Let's hope you at least get a Buizel.

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Mon May 25, 2015 2:31 am

I see no further point in delaying things, but the least I can do is give an introduction.

Meet our hero, Logan. An avid fan of Professor Rowan's Television Show, he is inspired along with his friend to get a Pokemon of their own, hopefully from the professor himself, with nary an idea of the world outside the small, snowy Twinleaf Town.

And this hyperactive fellow is Logan's friend and rival, James, or as he arrogantly calls himself, "Big Jim", who's fast, impatient, and outright bullheaded, always threatening fines he never means to give on his friend. He too wishes to become a great trainer himself -- even if he can't wait five seconds.

And this adorable teenage girl is Dawn, the assistant to Professor Rowan. She, too, is on her own Pokemon journey, though not for the same intent as Logan and Jim, rather, she has tasked herself as a trainer in the name of research, assisting in Professor Rowan's further studies in Pokemon Evolution.

Recently, it was discovered that Pokemon can achieve a sometimes temporary, sometimes permanant form. If you guessed that it was Mega Evolution, you're two generations too early, dummy. These changes have been christened as "Formes", and so far, only one Pokemon has been documented as possessing those formes, and even then, it is only known mostly to the citizens of Floraroma Town. But Professor Rowan believes there is much, much more to these formes than just legends, and myths.

The Adventure Begins Soon...
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullDevil on Mon May 25, 2015 2:38 am

Nice.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Mon May 25, 2015 3:01 am

Television is so enthralling.

Wow, not even going to bother knocking?
Obviously, Jim saw the show, too. And he had a bit of an idea in his head.

...Somewhat.

Yeah, yeah, fines and stuff. You never say what you mean, sometimes. As we go out on our journey to find the Professor, my mother gives me some parting advice, seeing as I don't have Pokemon just yet.

Sound advice. As we parted, kiss and hug, it was still nighttime... I swear, the nerve of Jim.

=To Be Continued=

GET BONUS: Logan's Trainer Card

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Mon May 25, 2015 3:31 am

After being rudely met with Jim at his house, we set off on our journey.

How are you so fast, anyway? It's gotta be the Running Shoes.

I remind Jim of my mother's kind words, but he's still not willing to listen to any reason but his own, seemed like.

...No... No, no... Jim, you're an idiot.

After Jim almost dives straight into the patch of grass, a voice calls out.

I said nothing. This was Jim's case to explain to the Professor. And in a long, winded discussion that I took screenshots for, but am too lazy to pull up after uploading it to imgur, Jim had convinced the outraged Professor to change his views on us and allow us one Pokemon. Of course, preventing the plot from Diamond and Pearl to take place and have either Jim or I unintentionally steal it fending off Starly, Dawn comes in toting the Professor's briefcase. And with all doubts cast, we are given the choice of three Pokemon.

... Of course, that matters not, because since our ID ends in a 1, we have to choose the Grass starter.

Turtwig!

=To Be Continued=
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Mon May 25, 2015 11:55 am

Hopefully the Starlys won't pummel the poor grass turtle by then.

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Mon May 25, 2015 7:43 pm

After having a battle with Jim, Logan returned home, and went to sleep, and explained to his mother about the journey ahead of him the next morning. His mother agrees to let him go see the Professor in Sandgem Town with Turtwig in tow. But not without giving him a shiny new pair of Running Shoes. As I head out, Jim was waiting at Route 201.

Oh, boy...

I'm sure it will.

As we make our way to Lake Verity, we see a suspicious, Blue-haired man murmuring about... something. He said his name was Cyrus, but all he did was talk to himself, and then he left after we let him pass us. Sounded like he knew about the Legendary Pokemon in the lake, too.

When we hear the Pokemon cry out, Jim trys to make his way to catch it, but... He said we haven't any Poke Balls.

I made As in spelling, dumbass. But he's right. Without any Pokeballs, we can't catch much of anything. Thinking that the Professor might be willing to give up some for the sake of our adventure, we now have even more incentive to go to Sandgem. After a quick Run-in with a couple of wild Starly, in which our Turtig got stronger from,  we made it to Sandgem Town easily. Dawn was already waiting for us and invited us into his lab. That is, after Jim beat me to the punch once again and jetted off in his usual fashion.

Inside, Rowan recognizes the bond between both myself and Turtwig. He even recommended that I nickname him for such an instance. I couldn't agree more. With that said, from a manga I remember reading in my youth, I christened my new partner...

POLNAREFF THE TURTWIG
Lv. 7, Overgrow, Tackle and Withdraw.
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Mon May 25, 2015 7:46 pm

Epic nickname for epic starter.

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Mon May 25, 2015 8:31 pm

With that, Rowan had also given me one of his prized technical treasures -- the Pokedex. A novel device, yes, but I can't seem to find much use for it at the moment... As I step out the door, he also gives me the TM for Return. Maybe I'll teach it to Polnareff later.

Extra Item...?:
Professor Rowan also hands me a funny-looking Key that he had acquired on his travels. He feels as though it might be linked to the Formes he is trying to study, but all theories to him have been found negative. He gives it to me in hopes that I can somehow solve the puzzle behind this key.

Before Dawn gives us her own crash course in catching Pokemon, she advises we say goodbye to our mother one last time, and after a trip to the Pokemon Center, I hurriedly make my way back to Twinleaf Town.

Of course, she supported me every step of the way, as she handed me my Journal. That's kind of how I'm telling you this tale. As Polnareff and I make our way out, I meet with Jim's mother, who has a package for her "little boy". I guess it's up to me to deliver it, huh? She said that he must already be at big Jubilife City. Knowing him, yeah, that makes sense. I make it back to Dawn and she hands me a set of Pokeballs, and the lesson, as promised.

And with that, I made my way towards Jubilife City. Dawn advised me that it would be useful to catch some Pokemon while I'm here, so I thought I'd catch the first one I would find.

...Arcdammit. Well, my rules are my rules. I caught it easy, and named it Jonny and rolled with it.

JONNY THE BIDOOF
Lv. 4, Simple, Tackle

But Jonny was weaker than we thought he was, as he is taken down not five minutes later in a battle with a youngster. Fricking Crits.

But Polnareff takes revenge and levels up in the battle. But with only him at the ready for battle, we're already back in a tough spot. Regardless, two trainers later, we make it to Jubilife City.

=To Be Continued=
Team Results:

Polnareff the Turtwig, Lv. 9, Tackle, Withdraw, Absorb.

LOST:

Jonny the Bidoof, Lv. 4, Tackle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Mon May 25, 2015 9:02 pm

When Dawn and I arrive in Jubilife City, we spot a suspicious looking man. It wasn't the Cyrus guy, but it looked like... some guy that belonged more in a some British sci-fi show. He said to us that his codename is Looker, a member of Interpol. He suspects that criminal activity is stirring in the Sinnoh Region, and that he's on the case. He also hands me some useless thing. Seriously, a VS. Recorder? What am I supposed to do with THIS? He also says to tip him about any criminal activity whenever possible.

...What a weirdo. But before we see the Trainer's School at Dawn's suggestion, I see a route up ahead. Time to find our next ally. At first, we see another Bidoof, but it reminded me far too much of Jonny... Polnareff and I had to fight it.

That's better. Unfortunately, we crit it trying to lower its health, and it fainted. So THAT got us nowhere... I guess we're too strong for Route 204.

At the Trainers School, we see Jim skimming the Blackboard. I hand him our package, which had two Town Maps inside. Jim gave me the spare one, seeing as, why would his mother give him two?

As we leave, it seemed like there was a contest going on. The grand prize was a Poketch. What a steal, those are really expensive! The contest was piss-easy, though, and I collected all three coupons within at least two minutes.

With that said, I went on my way through Route 203, but not before Jim came rushing up for a battle. Why not? Of course, his Starly tried to lower my attack, but since it looked like he didn't know Peck or stuff like that, it couldn't even penetrate Polnareff's defenses. His Chimchar, on the other hand, had me anxious. My attack was already low as it was, but Chimchar was trying to Leer away my defenses, too. Scratches hurt, hard. I had to keep using my Potions time after time. I couldn't lose, not here. But then... I ran out.

Polnareff had been lost.

I was devastated. I knew I stood no chance as a Trainer. I just...

I gave up. I returned the Key to Professor Rowan. I wouldn't need it anymore.

=GAME OVER=

Back to top Go down

Post by Efe Clemenza on Mon May 25, 2015 9:38 pm

What, already? And I just found this thread too, must not've seen it yesterday.

Well, there's always next time, right? In the words of a wise man, never give up! Never surrender!
Efe Clemenza

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Mon May 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Well that didn't last long.

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Villain of Scams on Mon May 25, 2015 10:41 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THIS IS HORRIBLE WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY!!!?!?? ;------;
The Villain of Scams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top