Space's Nuzlockes: The Golden

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Space's Nuzlockes: The Golden

Post by Space Soup on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:45 am

Greetings, everyone! I am Professor Oak! People commonly refer to me as one of many Pokemon Professors.

This Nuzlocke follows the stories of Logan, an up-and-coming trainer, given a Pokemon by my colleague, Professor Elm, who had just recently discovered the gender spectrum in Pokemon, and the concept of Eggs and Breeding. Additionally, he has also discovered other factors seen in wild Pokemon. However, one crucial thing should be known to him.

THE GOLDEN RULES
------------------------------------------------
1. As soon as the Player acquires a Pokeball, however many he is given, the Nuzlocke begins.
2. The first Pokemon found on any route must be caught, unless the first encounter is of a Pokemon that had already been captured, in which the next unique/uncaught Pokemon in that route must be caught. Fishing can only be used as a supplement to level grinding unless the player plans to catch a Pokemon in a city located next to a body of water. Should that be the case, the player can only fish-to-catch in that City. If the player fails to catch the first Pokemon for any reason, they can not catch Pokemon in that Route/City/etc. No retries outside of checkpoint resets, see rule 4.
3. If a Pokemon faints in battle at any point, that's it -- the Pokemon must be boxed/released. Yes, including Shinies. No Revives of any kind allowed. Healing items can be used in and out of battle as much as desired to avoid this consequence, bearing in mind how many are in your inventory.
4. If a Player obtains a Gym Badge, that acquirement is considered a checkpoint. Should the player have all his Pokemon faint and get a Game Over, the game can be restarted from when the badge was acquired. However, the player loses any Pokemon that had been obtained prior to that checkpoint for obvious reasons.
5. Trades are not allowed, including those ingame. Handouts, including eggs, are allowed, however. Note that this means that any Pokemon such as Scyther, Poliwhirl, or Slowpoke will not be able to use their trade items to evolve.
6. This game shall attempt to play both the main game (in Johto) and post-game (in Kanto) up to the final battle.
7. Use of Legendary Pokemon is allowed, but are binded to the same rules as any other Pokemon -- doubly so since by the nature of the game, once they faint, they cannot be caught again.
8. Use of the Master Ball is prohibited in light of the use of Legendaries.
9. If a Pokemon is caught while there is a full team, Box 1 will automatically be assigned as a box for reserve members. Box 2 will be reserved for fainted Mons.
No I'm not leaving my starter up to chance for a myriad of reasons. Besides Bulbapedia said that rule was optional.

The Battle will begin soon.

Last edited by Space Soup on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Space Soup

http://diaplank.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Space's Nuzlockes: The Golden

Post by Space Soup on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:06 am

My mother told me that she got a phone call from Professor Elm. Why he bothered to call this late at night is beyond me, but she said that it was urgent.

Apparently, a colleague of his, Mr. Pokemon, has found an alarming discovery, and wants me to scope it out on his behalf. Knowing that the journey will be dangerous, he trusts me with one of his three rare Pokemon. I picked the first one in my sight, on the leftmost side of the table. I could already tell he was the one I wanted...

Yosuke the Cyndaquil has joined Logan's party!

With Yosuke in tow, we headed out for Cherrygrove City, although that city is only a waypoint toward Mr. P's house. Some Hoothoots bothered us along the way, but as Yosuke grew stronger, a quick Smokescreen made for some quick getaways.

After seeking guidance from an old man who gave us a Map application for my Pokegear, we continued on...

Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullDevil on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:08 am

IT BEGINS

I'm so hyped.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:18 am

As we press on, fighting Hoothoots and picking berries, witnessing a bloody battle between a Ratatta and a Pidgey, and running like scared little Torchics from Spinaraks, we made it to Mr. Pokemon's house, who gave us... an Egg?

...I didn't dare ask if I could cook it, lest I give the man a heart attack. He seemed to have a guest with him... Wait a sec, that's THE Professor Oak! The one from the Radio Show with Mary! What's he doing here?

He sees Yosuke and understands how much Elm trusts me. He then bestows unto me... A Pokedex? The latest version with a grand color display and search functions... Cool.

As soon as we leave though, Professor Elm calls us. It seems like disaster has struck the lab...

=Current Team=

Yosuke the Cyndaquil, Lv. 7, Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullDevil on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:23 am

Oh boy.

Silver is gonna be a bastard like usual.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:27 am

We had no time to waste, and the continuous Hoothoots did nothing to help us. After a quick trip to a Pokemon Center, for who-knows-what, some Red-haired guy ran into me asking about Yosuke.

And proceeded to insult us! What's this guy's problem!? Then he has the gall to challenge us to a battle...

...?!

That Totodile... That's another of of the Professor's Pokemon! How did he get him?! We tried to Smokescreen him out, but he managed to Scratch his way through. Yosuke was wounded, but not mortally wounded, thankfully... But what is this guy's problem!? He proceeded to ask me his name, but I felt too furious to remember... He healed up Cyndaquil, rubbing in how much of pansies we were, while bragging about how he was gonna be the best. With an asshole attitude like that, I doubt it.

But that's not important right now! I need to hurry back to the Lab.

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullDevil on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:29 am

Silver is Pokémon's version of Kevin.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:39 am

In our fury, we attacked a Hoothoot, and Yosuke grew stronger, even when he was angry. By the time we reached the lab, though, it seemed as if everything was okay aside from the stolen Totodile and a broken window. It's not like the guy ransacked the lab... Police said that he was the only person who could have stolen it, with the Professor's account. But what was his name...?

Oh, yeah! Silver. I think that was it.
...Who the hell names their kid Silver?

After the report was filed, I gave the Egg to Professor Elm. Not only was he astonished about it, but he was shocked that Oak gave me a Pokedex, too, and said I was destined for so much more... He told me to take on the League, but I'm not sure. With just Yosuke...?

Before I leave, an aide gives me something... Pokeballs? Hey, these are just like Yosuke's. So I guess I gotta catch Pokemon in these, huh? Before I go, though, I better tell Mom that I'm going on a long journey.

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullDevil on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:40 am

And so it begins.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:27 am

After reviewing the map in my room, it seems like Violet City, where the first gym is, is located to the Northwest. And now that I had Pokeballs, I knew I was going to catch the first Pokemon I would see, first come, first serve. But I can't risk losing Yosuke for real... I was lucky Silver healed him out of pity.

After some random Dude gave me a how-to on Pokeballs, I pressed on. Of course, my first Pokemon is none other than...

...Take a guess. Once again, Yosuke lays down some smack on the owl, before I quickly fire away my first ball. And with that, we caught her.

Eileen the Hoothoot has joined the party!

After entering the secondmost route, after fighting a Hoothoot I didn't want to catch because I already had Eileen, I came across...

...A Spinarak. I was terrified, but rules are rules. I had to catch her as well. I let Eileen wail on the wretch...

So and So the Spinarak has joined the party...

Now with three Pokemon under my belt, I felt it nessecary to do some training. The gyms had to be tough, right?

...So I thought, but a Spinarak's Posion Sting did in Eileen before I could reach a Pokemon Center... So I had to work twice as hard to get Yosuke and SnS trained up.
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:05 am

After countless wild Pokemon smackdowns and trips to the Pokemon Center, we carefully press forward. At Route 31, I happen upon a dark cave... Called Dark Cave. Genius. I decide to take a look in there and see what Pokmeon could be inside... after getting a little lost, I found a Geodude!

Mondo has joined your Party!

...But he was only Level 2. That wasn't good at all. So once again, I had to continue toiling. As I made my way back to Route 30, having no choice but to go through the tall grass, I came across a... Bellsprout?

...A Pokemon's a Pokemon. That is, unless So and So Poison-Stings it to death before I can catch it. Dammit...

I decided to backtrack and train Mondo at Route 29. It had occured to me there was a gate I never looked at, leading to Route 46. Sweet, a new Pokemon to add under my belt! After a bit of wailing, Mondo managed to catch a Ratatta.

Chie joins the Party!

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:37 am

Training Mondo and Chie, two Level-2 Pokemon, was a challenge. One was built as solid as a rock, but it took many wild Pokemon just to get him to an equal level as Yosuke and SnS. Chie, on the other hand, at Level 2... was like paper. She hasn't been mortally wounded, but she constantly had to tag out with Mondo in order to get the most of her own training. But as Chie grew in Levels, she didn't just grow stronger, she grew faster, too, mastering a Quick Attack. But another close enounter with a Spinarak nearly cost Chie her life. But thankfully, we managed to reach a Pokemart to buy an Antidote in time.

At last, I managed to get everyone to Level 10, and that's when I decided to enter Violet City... After being taken to a Trainer's School to learn how to raise Pokemon well, which I already knew, I decided to explore a little before battling the leader. See how far I could press on.

At Route 36, a strange shaking tree blocked the westernmost path. So I had no choice but to go south, into the fabled Ruins of Alph. One of the Ruins had a strange looking tablet puzzle. It was easy to solve, but solving it... Plunged me deeper into the actual ruins. And I didn't feel alone... As I tried to make my way out, a strange letter was following me... Was this a Pokemon? There was only one way to find out... After Chie QA'd it, I threw a ball at it...

Jay has joined the party. But...

Jay wasn't alone. As I tried to find an exit, more Unown tried to follow me! But we managed to climb out. Jay only knew one move alone, but that didn't stop me... I'd train it no matter what.

Last edited by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:57 am

Apparently, training at the Ruins was not very advisable. Not only were the Unown's Hidden Powers unpredictable, but they kept fleeing. I decided to try on the previous routes instead.

Jay's Hidden Power seemed to vary in power and type. It affected some Pokemon worse than others. I wonder how this would affect my Gym Battle? But before I do that, something mysterious seemed to be going on at Sprout Tower... it was flashing brightly at the top. A battle? I decided to go up there and see what the matter was. But it was late at night... I could feel a haunting presence inside. Despite everything, I didn't find any Pokemon -- just trainers.

At the top...

?!

It's Silver! And it looks like he was fighting the Sprout Tower elder. It seems like although Silver won, the Elder is scolding him for how he treats his Pokemon. Good. Silver just complains to me like it's exposition, I could care less about what he has to say. After challenging the Elder and winning, he gives me the HM for Flash. That must be what the Elder was using when I saw the flashing lights in the tower...

Once Escape Rope later, I think I was ready to finally take on the Gym Leader, Faulkner...

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:14 am

Since I had Mondo, I imagined dealing with Flying types would be easy. Especially since now he knew a powerful move, Rock Throw! Everyone was at Level 11 and primed and ready to go. The two Bird Keepers in my way were easy pickings with Mondo's new move. Now, all that was left was Faulkner himself...

THE BATTLE BEGINS!

Faulkner started out with a Pidgey, while I continued to use Mondo. My plan was to keep using Rock Throw... But his Pidgey had a secret weapon -- Mud Slap. Super effective, but it didn't seem to do much to Mondo at first, other than lower his accuracy. After continously throwing rocks, Pidgey fainted, but Faulkner still had his Pidgeotto... Which I call bullshit on because unless he caught that in Viridian Forest, Pidgeotto shouldn't be at that level. ROCK THROW'D!

And with that, we won. We got the Zephyr Badge and the TM for Mud Slap!

=CURRENT TEAM=
Yosuke the Cyndaquil, Lv. 11
So and So the Spinarak Lv. 11
Mondo the Geodude, Lv. 13
Chie the Ratatta, Lv. 11
Jay the Unown-J, Lv. 11

=Lost=
Eileen the Hoothoot, Lost at Lv. 4 to succumbing to Poison.
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:06 am

When we leave the Gym, we get a call from the Professor. It seems like after he heard about our victory, he wants us to take care of the Egg we gave to him. After receiving it from his Aide, I decide that now is the time to keep on going. According to the map, the next Gym is to the south, in Azalea Town. After a bit of shopping, we cut through a shortcut near the gym and onto the next Route, after being given a Miracle Seed by a guy who saw our newly gained Zephyr Badge. With my egg taking up a sixth slot, whatever I catch next might not be getting used... Oh well. Through the patch of grass, we end up coming across a Wooper. Which occurred to me that I still had Mondo up front. I switched to Jay, but a Hidden Power crit'd the Wooper, so that was a waste. So much for catching any Mons on this route, my team's just too strong.

There was many a trainer on this long stretch of Road, but most of them were a breeze. Some of them were Fishermen who had fresh catches. It kind of made me want a fishing pole, myself. After some ripoff artist tried to sell me a Slowpoke tail, I made it to a Pokemon Center, just before Union Cave. A fisherman was inside, who happily gave me one of his Old Rods. Sweet, now I have even more opportunities to catch Pokemon! But now was the time to enter the Union Cave... And off the bat, I was greeted by... A Sandshrew! Huh, I was expecting a Zubat, but I'll take it. After throwing some of my balls, including two Great Balls I found along the route which sadly failed, I caught the Sandshrew.

Resetti the Sandshrew has been sent to Bill's PC.

Most of the Pokemon here were all below Level 10. A little less difficult than I expected, though Hikers gave me a hard time. Mondo still did well against them, however. What's more, Jay's Hidden Power practically disemboweled them. It's Hidden Type must be Water or something... We made it out with no causalities. After some berry picking, we found that Route 33 had one patch of Grass. Just what I needed! It seemed like sometimes Zubats flew out of the cave and into the grass for food when it's dark, and that's exactly what we found.

Rulue the Zubat was sent to Bill's PC.

Last edited by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullDevil on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:08 am

Hooray for Sandshrews!
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:58 am

After a close call with a Hiker's Machop, we enter Azalea Town. It seems like these guys in black have been swarming around town, even going so far as to block access to the Gym! Something's not right here... Additionally, some people are saying that Slowpokes left and right have been vanishing from the well, and have been having tails cut off. Wait, Slowpoke Tails? A peddler was trying to sell me just that!

I see their Elder and Pokeball Crafter, Kurt, who said that Team Rocket is responsible for this, and races off to Slowpoke Well. Concerned for his safety, I follow after him. Just as I thought, after charging into the well, he ended up injuring himself. It got the Rocket guarding it out of the way, though, so I decided to press on in his stead. Yosuke managed to burn through Several of the Rocket Grunts' Pokemon, and soon we made it to the leader of this Slowpoke crusade. His Koffing was strong, but I had strategy on my side. Mondo, though poisoned, could endure most of the Smog it coughed out. The battle was over fast. Apparently, Team Rocket had supposedly disbanded three years ago by a child kind of like me. They said they were gonna make a comeback before they left in a puff of smoke.

Kurt arrived to congratulate me, and gave me one of his custom-made balls, a Lure Ball, for my troubles. I decided to check Slowpoke Well again now that Rocket was gone. And there was indeed Slowpoke there again! It didn't take much to catch it, either.

Peebles the Slowpoke has been sent to Bill's PC.
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:04 am

After stepping a bit too far, I meet up with Silver again. Shit, it looks like he's itching to battle again. His Ghastly was easy to deal with, His Zubat, not so much, and I had no Potions whatsoever. Then, we came face to face with his Croconaw.

Most of my team was at half-health. So and So managed to poison him, but his Water Gun was hella powerful. So powerful, it took out Chie!
...And Jay.
And So and So...
AND MONDO...
...And Yosuke.

...CHECKPOINT!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:32 am

Blah blah blah I already went through most of this here's the Pokemon I caught before reaching the part before I lost.

Vanna the Zubat, Route 32, Boxed.
Barry the Sandshrew, Union Cave, Boxed but eventually Withdrawn.
Sora the Togepi has been hatched.
Kar the Slowpoke, Slowpoke Well, Boxed.

Yosuke had been lost to a Rocket Grunt's Ratatta. Vanna has taken his place.

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullDevil on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:37 am

That was a close one, dude.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:59 am

As I was training Vanna and Sora, I couldn't help but feel guilty for letting one of Professor Elm's Pokemon, my Cyndaquil who held so much trust in me, die... I couldn't let that happen again. Never again...

Vanna seemed easier to train, although most of the Pokemon I had to battle still were pretty impervious to the damage she could deal until she learned Bite. Sora, on the other hand, was very unpredictable, what with Metronome. One errant Belly Drum almost put his life on the line. And who knows what other moves it could pull off... I couldn't rely on it. I had to find a way to teach Sora a new move. But what, and how...?

Then, I suddenly remembered -- I had the TM for Mud-Slap. And surprise, Togepi could learn it! This eased my mind a lot more... But still limited who I could hit with it, considering where I was.

Eventually, many Wild Pokemon later, I managed to get the two on par with the levels of the rest of my Teammates. I think I was ready to take on the Azalea Gym...

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:21 am

Rock Throw, Rock Throw, the fact that Geodude could beat the crap out of all of these bugs gave me a sense of confidence. But it wasn't over yet. Now I had to face Bugsy himself... herself...

...Themself?

=The Battle Begins!=
Bugsy started out with a Metapod, which Mondo made quick work of. He leveled up, and learned Magnitude in the process! The same instance happened with his next Pokemon, a Kakuna. Finally, after taking a few Fury Cutters, a simple Rock Throw made quick work of his Scyther. Easy badge? Easy Badge. The Hive Badge also allowed me to use the move Cut outside of battle.

...Which I didn't have yet. I heard from some passerby citizens that a woodcutter in town had one, so I went to scope it out. Apparently, his apprentice has gone missing along with one of his Farfetch'd. He thinks presumably they must be in Ilex Forest, just ahead. I, decide to go over and check things out, but... HE happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullDevil on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:22 am

Goddammit Silver.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:27 am

...It's Silver again. He's heard word about Team Rocket coming back. I tell him that I managed to stop their plans for the Slowpoke, but he just scoffs it off and tells me to shut up and fight.

*sigh*...

Sora wasn't affected much by most of Ghastly's moves, safe for Hypnosis. Several Mud-Slaps later, and he was down.

Then came, Zubat. Rock Throw, moving on.

Lastly, was his Croconaw...Wait, a Croconaw? What, already? I had to juggle around Pokemon, including Sora, who Metronome'd a near-lethal Double Edge on both sides, but at last, Vanna managed to get a bite on it, defeating the wretch. We won!

Silver huffs and complains about how much he hates the weak. My mind immediately flashed back to our first battle, where Yosuke was defeated by his then-Totodile...

...I clenched my fist. I wanted to punch him. But he stormed away before I could. I just screamed out into the night in fury. Then Wade called me.

Goddammit, Wade.

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullDevil on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:29 am

Wade can wait. Cut is a freaking necessity right now.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top