Space's Nuzlockes: The Golden

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Space's Nuzlockes: The Golden

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:49 am

One unnessecary Phone call later, we hit up Ilex Forest. And get a close encounter with an Oddish. Catching time. In a Lure Ball, oddly enough.

Allur the Oddish has been sent to Bill's PC.

Up ahead, a boy is fretting about a missing Farfetch'd. He's too scared to search further, so I do it for him. I'm ain't 'fraid of no wild Pokemon. I find him easily, but of course, the Farfetch'd runs away.

*Insert Yakety Sax theme here.*

After a long chase, I manage to get the Farfetch'd back to the apprentice -- the woodcutter was waiting. Both of them were grateful for my help, and handed me the HM for Cut in honor of their gratitude. Which is good, because I needed it to proceed any further. Except... nobody can learn it.

...Shit.

After switching out Jay for Allur, I quickly teach her Cut, ready to move ahead. Then I swapped out the over-leveled Mondo for Jay.

As I ventured through the forest, So and So made very fast work of all the Grass-types with just her Poison Sting. Not only that, but a nice man gave the the TM for Headbutt, and told me that some Pokemon can be found in trees. I must remember to use that to my advantage. I quickly teach it to Sora, so he has yet another attack to rely on -- this time, one that can be a bit more constructive than both Metronome and Mud-Slap. At last, I make it outside and into Route 34.
Space Soup

http://diaplank.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:10 am

On Route 34, though, I had to take the long way around, since I didn't have any Pokeballs. I didn't need Allur anymore, so I needed to get to a Computer fast... I reached a Pokemon Daycare... Maybe they have one I can use.

Inside is an elderly couple -- and they know about Pokemon eggs! They say that they come about when a male and a female breed... Uh, I don't want to get into it much, myself. I just switch out Allur for Mondo and take my leave.

Goldenrod City was huge and had a lot of spectacular buildings. A Department Store, a Game Corner, the Radio Tower, a little Bike Shop nestled inside the city... And of course, our next Gym.

After some shopping, I decide to check out the Radio Tower first, they were doing a promotional quiz, with the grand prize, a Radio App for my PokeGear! How could I refuse? It was fairly easy as well. It surprised me that there were two other Radio Stations as well...

Next, I checked the Goldenrod Underground, apparently, there's some shops there, but there are traienrs, too...

Pah, how bad could they possibly be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:28 am

...They were all geeks with Lv. 12 Pokemon. The Goldenrod Citizens are pansies. And it looked like somebody dropped some kind of case in here.

There was a Haircut Brother that I let them give Sora a haircut, which made him a little happier. Cool.

Then I visited the Bike shop, who seemed to not have very much business. He gave me a free bike to drum up advertising. I just rolled with it -- free bike.

I imagined the case was meant to hold coins in it. It had the logo of the Goldenrod Game Corner on it. So I decided to hit that place up and play around for a while. Unfortunately, most of the Pokemon there didn't seem very desirable. But, I had to get something. So with the coins I earned in the slots, I decided to get this one... That is, if whatever Pokemon I got was transferred to the PC. But I couldn't, so forget it. Before I could even think of going against the next Gym, though, I needed to train. No surprise there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:23 am

Chie and Jay were lost to a Camper's Diglett and his Magnitude of varying degrees.

During my training, I discovered that the nearby National Park was holding a Bug-Catching Contest. After losing both Jay and Chie to an unpredictable Magnitude, I decided that this could help me better my team. I'll just catch the first Bug I see.

...A Kakuna. Well, beggars can't be choosers. After So and So and the Kakuna duke it out, we manage to catch it. It's still at Level 10, however... so it's obvious we didn't win much of anything, except for the Kakuna itself.

Arin the Kakuna has joined Logan's party.

National Park, however, seemed like an ideal place to train, so we did just that. Arin evolved into a Beedrill almost immediately, with the help of Pokemon like Sora and Mondo. But all it still knew was Harden. This was going to be harder than I thought... The least I could do was teach him Cut. I go to Routes 34 and 35 to find more teammates and make up for lost ground...

And I did just that! I caught an Abra on sight at Route 34.
Harold the Abra joins your party.

But his case was just as bad as Arin's! He was Lv. 10 and only knew Teleport. What the heck...

I had much better luck on Route 35, where after a few tries, I managed to catch a female Nidoran. She was Lv. 12 and obviously would've known a lot more. But having a Psychic-type would obviously be more constructive than a Bug/Flying-type. I boxed Arin in favor of Lana. The western side of Route 36 also had a patch of grass... after a Trainer battle, I decided to check it out.

Vanna was lost to a Kadabra's Confusion attack. Mondo avenged her death.

In the grass, a Growlithe lunged out at us. I caught him before he could deal any major damage, one shot.

Iggy has joined the party.

I had no choice. I had to be careful who I fought. I had lost too many Pokemon already... Only So and So, Mondo, and Sora were the only ones who haven't been new on the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:57 am

While training, I decided to make use of the Daycare center. Harold and Lana grew by quite a bit during their stay, while I decided to train Iggy the traditional way. It paid off well, as soon, Harold evolved into a Kadabra.

...But it still only knew Teleport. So on and off, I ended up relying on the Daycare to raise most of my team until it was at both suitable level AND proper moveset.

...Some time later...

After Harold was withdrawn at Lv. 21, he knew both Psybeam and Disable. However, in a battle with a Camper, Harold fainted during training by a Marill's Rollout. Arin has taken his place.

Frustration is beginning to take my toll in me. How on Earth could I have lost a Kadabra at the same level as Mondo? I continue to pace, occasionally battling a trainer or wild Pokemon, waiting for the rest of my team to get to suitable levels. But with many team member susceptible to Rock-Type moves such as Rollout, I remain wary. I decide to replace Sora's Mud-Slap with the TM I found for Rollout while wandering and waiting for my team to level. This method of training feels time-consuming, and it feels as if my team is not fond of the treatment I'm giving them, but I have no choice. What's more, how am I supposed to evolve Pokemon like Iggy, who require a stone...?

Sora blew himself up due to my fears of an errant Explosion attack. Kar has taken his place and will be trained as per the rest of the team.
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:52 am

My training was getting costly. Soda Pops healed just as much as any Super Potion, but the costs added up fast -- too fast for the Daycare leveling. I even had to fight the Gym Trainers prior to the Gym Leader. Apparently, they specify in Normal-types. And they were at very risky levels...

It was hard enough, knowing that I unintentionally crippled Iggy by making him forget Ember with no way of relearning it.

But during training, Lana had evolved into a Nidorina. I feel that gave me a sense of hope. And the Drowzees in Route 34 gave quite a bit of experience -- experience that Arin needed in order to earn his well-deserved Twinneedle attack. And most importantly, experience for So and So, who I was determined to strengthen on to par with the likes of Mondo. After one last Drowzee, SnS got that miracle we needed -- she had evolved into an Ariados.

But once Kar was Lv. 18 from the last Drowzee we decided to face... It was go-time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:11 am

I had already fought most of the Gym Leaders, so I just went straight to Whitney. I would have Lana as my leadoff Pokemon, but I would switch to Mondo if things got hairy -- and they will.

=The Battle Begins!=
Whitney starts off with a Clefairy. A couple of Double Kicks bring it down fast.

But the real threat is her last Pokemon -- Miltank. I could make little margin for error here, but I decided to let Lana hold out a little longer -- I didn't know what Miltank would do first. But it was in vain. After trying to hold out to all five of her Rollouts, and using Double Kick in the meantime, Lana was crushed to death. I had no choice, I had to switch over to Mondo. And it was very close -- The last Rollout almost crushed Mondo to death, too. But one Magnitude-7 brought the Bovid beast down.

... And then Whitney proceeded to throw a fit. After killing Lana! Who thought it was a good idea to think she was MENTALLY FIT to be a Gym Leader!? I was outraged. But one of the Gym trainers, a Lass, calmed me down... and Whitney later calmed down herself. I got the Plain Badge and the TM for Attract.

... But at what cost...

=Pokemon lost during the quest for the Plain Badge=
Lana the Nidorina
Harold the Kadabra
Sora the Togepi
Vanna the Zubat
Chie the Ratatta
Jay the Unown

Total Death Count (excluding restarts at checkpoint): Eight Pokemon

Last edited by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:25 am

I had no time to mourn for Lana, but my team insisted we should get the flowers for our departed. I was going to, but the shopkeep of the Flower Shop recogized that I was stronger than Whitney... She gave me a Squirtbottle to deal with the tree in Route 36.

...Oh yeah. I've forgotten about that.

So we face against the tree and squirt the bottle... But that tree was no tree at all, it was a Pokemon that charged at us! Mondo quickly used Magnitude to scare it away, as it fleed back into the woods. Good riddance. Now we could not only go back to Violet City if we wished, but now we can go northward, to Ekruteak City. We had also reached Route 37 -- time to find another teammate... that is, if we didn't waste all three Pokeballs trying to catch a Stantler. In Ekurteak's Pokemon Center, Bill, from Pokemon Storage, told us about the Time Machine he had completed work on. He told us to come to his house in Goldenrod if we had the time, and indeed we do.

When we got there, he gave us an Eevee, which I took happily.

Grandeur the Eevee joined your party!

Bill said that the Pokemon Eevee grows in two new ways... I wonder what they are?

Back in Ekruteak, I decided to check out the other routes first -- see how far I could branch out. Route 42, to the East, only took me to the opening of a cave, Mt. Mortar... Guess it wouldn't hurt to look at it.

It was dark inside. I had to teach Kar Flash. The cave had little to offer in Wild Pokemon, but I tried to catch the Machop I came across anyway. But it caught free of the only Ultra Ball I found outside the cave...

...I need to go shopping later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:47 am

To the west was Route 38, a route leading up to a farm and Olivine City.

In the tall grass, I found a Raticate... What Chie would've evolved into...

I couldn't even catch it, anyway. Mondo's Rock Throw crit'd it.

At the farm, it seemed as though there was trouble in Paradise. Their main milking Miltank, Moomoo, had gotten sick and needed berries. I gave it one of the Berries I had collected, but it was the only one I had...

Further down, in Route 39, there was another patch of grass. My wild Pokemon was another Raticate. This time, I wasn't gonna Crit it... but I tried everything to catch it. It was low on health, it was poisoned, but I ran out of Pokeballs again! Since I was so close, I decided to go into Olivine City to check out the shop there... But there was Silver. I guess he was ahead of me...? It looked like he was looking to fight the leader, but she was taking care of an ill Pokemon at the lighthouse. Complaining in his usual dickish fashion, he left. I'll have to look into that Lighthouse later...

I found another Angler's House, who gave me a Good Rod. He said I could get better catches with it if I fished in Olivine Harbor...

...Now there's an idea. After a bit of battling and shopping, it's time to go fishing! I cast a line in Olivine Harbor with other fishermen. I managed to hook a Shellder! At a level on par with most of everyone, too!

Frankie the Shellder has been sent to Box 1.

But it looked like that was as far as I could go -- Back to Ekruteak. Some citizens tell me of the lore of it's towers -- one of them seemed to be burned down. I decide to investigate them both... Tin Tower wouldn't let me go much of anywhere, and just from the presence alone, Burned Tower seemed a little... dangerous. And of course, Silver's there. Battling time. Everyone was easy to deal with, not like they were slacking off. No causalities, either. Silver scoffs off, nothing to see here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:00 am

After teaching Iggy Rock Smash and beating a Firebreather who turned to complete Greyscale ash, we plunged down a hole where we found three stone statues of... Legendary Pokemon?

...As we approached the pedestal they stood on, it turned out they weren't so statue'd as we thought.

"ROOOOAAAR!"
"GROAAAAR!"
"HSHAAAAH!"

All three fled off in different directions... But where?

I thought now was the time to take on the Gym... With Iggy knowing Bite, there wasn't much that could go wrong. But I was still wary as all get-out... There would be a good chance that as I fought each Gym Trainer, I would want to chicken out and become stronger first. I'm sure there was still opportunities to do so. But still... I had Iggy. And I had Mondo, who still had Magnitude to rely on.

...Yes. I'm going to win... and I won't lose anyone. Bring it, Morty.

=The Battle Begins!=
Morty's ghost types were into the habit of trying to lay down curses on me. But surprise, Magnitude. A complete victory, and to the victor, the spoils -- the Fog Badge and the TM for Shadow Ball, which I taught to Grandeur. No causalities whatsoever. And Mondo evolved into Graveler!
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:34 am

After getting the Fog Badge, it occured to me that now I could Surf across bodies of water. However, I didn't even have the HM for Surf. I go around town to see if anyone offered it...

At last, an old man told me about the Dance Theater and an old man who gave me something nice if I could master my skills against the Kimono Girls. I went inside, and indeed, there were five Kimono girls already dancing... The old man offering something good said that the girls were tough... But it was worth a shot.

All of them had just one Pokemon, an evolution of the Pokemon, Eevee. They were also only Level 17, all easy to deal with bar Vaporeon, but no causalities. Surf was mine, and on to Kar it went. The next Gym was Chuck, all the way over in Cianwood City... Across the Sea from Olivine.

...Oh.

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullDevil on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:38 am

Welp, time to use repels to avoid Tentacool/Tentacruel madness.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:47 am

Before I take my leave to Cianwood, I decide to check out the lighthouse, to see what was up with Olivine's Leader. The trainers weren't all that tough, but as I got to the top, it seemed like the Leader, Jasmine, was indeed taking care of the Lighthouse's Pokemon, an Ampharos named Amphy. She said that there was a Pharmacy in Cianwood that had medicine that could heal the ill Amphy. Since I was going there anyway, I decided to surf my way over there.

The sea routes offered powerful Pokemon. Like a Tentacruel which almost took Grandeur under, but we managed to catch thanks to SnS.
ManOWar has been sent to Box 1.

...But Grandeur was only sunk into the Abyss trying to escape from another Tentacruel. Frankie takes his place the moment we arrived at Cianwood. She was holding a Pearl. We visit the Pharmacy and get the Secret Potion first and foremost. But the Gym...

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullDevil on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:50 am

Tentacools and Tentacruels are aquatic Zubats.

That is fact.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:55 am

The Gym was apparently a Fighting-Type Gym with a Puzzle that used Strength. Kar would be ideal here, being a Psychic-Type as well as Water. I decided to practice a little by fighting the Pokemon hidden in smashable rocks.

Kany the Krabby has been sent to Box 1.

... Then after fighting a Hitmonchan, I realized ThunderPunch was a move. Kar had been lost. ... Then Iggy to Comet Punch. ManOWar takes Kar's place. I decide to come back after I have some more... ideal members of my team.

That's right. I'm sequence-breaking. Fight me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:11 am

A Swimmer's raging Gyrados kills Frankie.

We scale the Lighthouse again and deliver the Medicine. Amphy's healthy again and Jasmine leaves to go back to her gym.

...Which is all well and good, but I've got bigger fish to fry. It was time to move ahead into Mahagony.

Across Mt. Mortar's Pond, we manage to encounter and catch a Mankey.

Ophelia the Mankey joins your party.

In Mahogany Town, it seems like something's amiss. Magikarp have been becoming agitated and start evolving at erratic and alarming rates. And my Radio in my Pokegear is playing this...jarring melody.

Route 43 had the patch of grass I needed -- and a Venonat.

Raven the Venonat has been sent to Box 1.
Ophelia had been lost to Lickitung's Crit'd Stomp.

At the Lake of Rage, something terrifying was in the waters... a Red Gyarados?!

...I'm gonna catch it.

Mystery the Gyarados has been sent to Box 1. But not for long...

I also obtained a Red Scale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:26 am

When I came back to shore, a caped man was impressed with my efforts. He introduced himself as Lance. He said that he thinks Team Rocket is behind all this. I had an idea...

After bidding a farewell to Ophelia (We hardly knew ye), Mystery replaced her spot on the team. If Team Rocket is behind all this, what better thing to do that give them a taste of their own medicine.

As I entered the "Suspicious Shack", it appeared that Lance had already called their bluff. Lance suggested we split up. And by that, I mean that I go first into tripwire alarms. After two pain-in-the-ass battles, I take a roundabout, knock out a Scientist and his mons, and flip the security system off...

Further down, Lance said the door was protected by two password only known by select Rockets. After some bashing and beating around, I found out that one of the passwords was SLOWPOKETAIL. And the other, told to me by some hick, was... RATICATE TAIL? I found the door, but then I was met up again by... Silver? He's not pleased about me interfering with destroying Team Rocket. And it looks like he's battled Lance as well. And was NOT pleased by his scolding words... similar to his talk with the Sprout Tower Elder. Fortunately, he wasn't itching for a battle either way. At last, I entered...

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:35 am

Inside was a Rocket Executive and his Murkrow. After his big speech about wanting to find Giovanni, their former leader, and make an uprising again, we prepare to battle.

...Fortunately, his team has about the same amount of Pokemon as any of his Grunts, just stronger. They were easy to take down...

...But in a last ditch attempt to win, his Koffing used Selfdestruct, and blew up Raven in the process. I was more angry than saddened, but... I felt desensitized to all the deaths. I had no time for mourning... He told us that we'd never reach the generator to power the building, as it is backed by another password.

...Unfortunately, he did not account for his Murkrow, who knew it verbatim. "HAIL GIOVANNI". I manage to go back and open the door, but before I can even think of going any further, another Executive stops me for battle. No causalities during the battle, thankfully. But it's not like they failed -- they have bigger fish to fry now... But what?

Lance said we needed to disable the Electrodes. Meanwhile, I saw an opportunity to catch at least one of them.

...That is, if they didn't decide to blow up instead. ManOWar had been lost in a blast.
Dynamite, the Third Remaning Electrode, has been sent to Box 1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:02 am

After leaving Mahogany Town, I decide to walk all the way back to New Bark Town. There was a body of water there that peaked my curiosity...

And what I found... Was a Tentacool. Catch!

Jelly the Tentacool has joined the Party.

Apparently, at the end of the water, I had taken my first step into... KANTO? There was a cave nearby. "Tohjo Falls", huh...? I decided to check it out. Inside was a raging waterfall... Not much I could do here but fish. I managed to hook a Goldeen.

Dutchess was sent to Box 1.

In fact, most of what I did in towns now was fish. Fish, fish, fish.

Jumpy the Magikarp, New Bark Town
Staryu encountered in Cherrygrove, failed to catch -- sustained Poison.
Polly the Poliwag, Violet City
Impossible to find new Pokemon in Ekruteak

There was almost nothing else I could do... It was time to get back to Chuck and Cianwood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:05 am

Blah, blah, blah no causalities along the way. Time to fight Chuck.

=The Battle Begins!=
Chuck starts off with a Primeape. And got stung by a Beedrill.

Then came a Poliwrath. I WOULD say that this was a job for Dynamite... But he didn't know any Elec-type moves. I send out Mystery instead. Three Thrashes later, and he's down. Dynamic Badge and Dynamic Punch TM GET.

...I'm not counting how many Pokemon die anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gokua on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Following this intently. Hype for more updates.
Gokua

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:45 pm

Sorry everyone, the Nuzlocke is on hold currently. Schoolwork's a bitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:46 pm

There should be a game where the evil team wants every Pokemon dead so people have no choice but to do schoolwork.

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top