E3 2015 Thread - METAL GEAR SOLID V IS THE ONLY GAME WORTH WATCHING FOR THIS YEAR EDITION

View previous topic View next topic Go down

E3 2015 Thread - METAL GEAR SOLID V IS THE ONLY GAME WORTH WATCHING FOR THIS YEAR EDITION

Post by Nuke Kioh on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:01 pm

It's that time of the year that's full of video game teasing! Get you hopes and dreams ready to be confirmed (Or shattered) starting June 14th!

Conference Schedule:
Nintendo World Championships 2015 Stream: Over - Pretty great stuff! Arin didn't do horrible for the most part, and Super Mario Maker is love.
Bethesda: Over - JESUS BETHESDA FALLOUT 4 IS LOOKING FANTASTIC. Also Doom and Dishonored 2 :>
Microsoft: Over - They did pretty good. Rare's new game looks nice, and HoloLens caught my attention greatly.
EA (IN MEMORY OF CHUCK): Over - DIGITAL SPORTS. Also the revival of Chuck has failed. And Star Wars Battlefront looks fantastic. It honestly shocked me.
Ubisoft: Over - The only thing that caught my attention was the South Park Stick of Truth sequel.
Sony: Over - THE LAST GUARDIAN ISN'T VAPORWARE
Nintendo's Digital Event: June 16th - 9am PT
Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3: June 16th - June 18th (Full schedule not available yet)
Square Enix: June 16th - 10am PT
PC Gaming Show: June 16th - 5pm PT

Go on and predict what you're expecting!

Last edited by Nuke Kioh on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:42 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : I came up with something clever for you to use as a title, but it's only a suggestion. -Adam :^))
Nuke Kioh

http://www.youtube.com/NukeKioh

Back to top Go down

Re: E3 2015 Thread - METAL GEAR SOLID V IS THE ONLY GAME WORTH WATCHING FOR THIS YEAR EDITION

Post by T-Ed711 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:49 pm

HOLY SHIT THAT IS A LOT OF CONFERENCES

Gonna repost my Nintendo Digital Event predictions from tumblr, don't mind me!

Nintendo E3 predictions:
100%: The Digital Event is weird.
Just so there’s no misconception.

100%: amiibo, amiibo, amiibo!, 50% a second amiibo focused game will be announced
It’s a lock at this point. Amiibo has been a huge thing these past few months – whether by controversy, whether by sales numbers, whether by hijacked lorries, you get the idea. What I’m curious about is whether or not Nintendo will unveil a game that directly tries to take the wind out of Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions, etc. Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designers has already been revealed as one such title, so that’s something to look forward to on the 3DS.

100%: Smash Wii U/3DS DLC Character Reveal, 80% It’s a Newcomer (50% it’s Ryu)
With Lucas just now getting a release date set for just before E3, it’s all but confirmed that we’re getting a new character reveal at E3. Now, I get the feeling it’s not gonna be a veteran that wasn’t in the game at launch (i.e. Roy, Pichu, Wolf, etc) but rather a new character (i.e. Isaac, King K Rool, Shovel Knight, etc). However, one reddit user who’s dug into the SSB 3DS code before noticed that there are files for Lucas, Roy, and Ryu, the latter of which is from Street Fighter. He’s a major third party character from one of the biggest fighting game franchises ever made, and him being revealed at E3 kind of makes sense.

100%: More info about Mario Maker
It’s getting a series of Best Buy demos like 3D World/MK8/Wind Waker HD/DKCTF in 2013 and Smash last year. I think it’s pretty safe to say a major information blow-out will occur for this game.

100%: More information about Star Fox U, including a tentative release date (i.e. Fall/Winter 2015, Spring 2016, etc)
It was revealed last year, it was confirmed to be playable at E3, it’s coming out before Zelda Wii U, we’re practically guaranteed to find out more information about it at E3. Personally, I’m a little less hype about it because…well, Splatoon’s taken its place as my favorite lower-deck IP right now. Speaking of which…

95%: New info on upcoming Splatoon updates
Holy mackeral, SPLATOON. It’s one of those titles that I’ve enjoyed to death since its launch. Bias aside, I’d expect that more info will surface on the upcoming updates (I refooze to call them DLC because they’re free). I’m personally looking forward to the new game modes it’ll have to offer.

95%: Animal Crossing U revealed
The Splatoon dev team did a little bit of teasing about Animal Crossing Wii U in a recent interiview. They’re not allowed to say, which pretty much means something relating to Animal Crossing on Wii U will be revealed at E3.

95%: More info about Xenoblade Chronicles X for North America
Well I mean, the game is already out in Japan. It’s been out for over a month now. Yet the US and EU have no set release date beyond ‘2015’. I’m betting you anything, maybe a release date, will be announced for the project.

90%: Project Guard / Project Giant Robot will get new information and a proper reveal
They were actually revealed at the Nintendo Treehouse last year in playable form, but since then nothing about them, not even a proper reveal, has been released. Chances are we’ll be getting more information about these Miyamoto projects during the event.

90%: Yarn Yoshi is given a new trailer and a proper US release date.
It’s coming out extremely soon in Australia, Europe, and Japan (earliest is June 25th). The US on the other hand has the tentative 'Fall 2015’, even though it’s pretty much done. I’m betting you anything if Yarn Yoshi gets a segment, a release date is coming with it.

90%: More info revealed about Devil’s Third, including a release date
It’s been in development for quite a while, and was confirmed as a Wii U exclusive last year at E3. Since then, not much has been revealed about it, though I’m pretty sure the dev team will release more info about it this year.

90%: Something else Mario related gets announced, 75% It’s a new Paper Mario
I’m just gonna say outright, I’m not expecting a 3D Mario this year. However, that doesn’t mean our other options aren’t open: we’ve got Mario Kart 8 DLC that has yet to be announced, we’ve got our token sports game (Mario Mix, Baseball, Basketball, etc), and Paper Mario. I’m gonna jump the gun and say it’s a Paper Mario game that’ll be announced this year.

85%: More info about Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon to be revealed
It was revealed earlier this year, footage was seen in the Nintendo Direct Micro, and it’s set for later this year (with a firm release date set in Japan), so I think this is a safe bet. Maybe we’ll get a release date, who knows?

85%: Retro Studios unveils its new project for Wii U, 50% it’s a Metroid game
Recently people have been tweeting Retro Studios’ twitter account about E3. They’ve been responding with a Reggie shrug gif. The teasing has begun, has it not? In any case, it’s possible a new Retro Studios game will appear at E3, though what remains to be seen is whether it’s Donkey Kong, Metroid (which I suspect might happen, see below), or something different.

85%: Metroid Wii U and/or 3DS formally announced
Nintendo said at E3 2014 that those specific IP’s had new games in the works, and after Other M’s release in 2010, it’s kind of overdue for a new game in the franchise. If two games are announced, I’m betting that the two will have a 3D/2D split between console and handheld like with Prime 1+2/Fusion+Zero Mission.

80%: New info about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem announced
Even though it’s 80%, it’s barely even that. I mean, don’t get me wrong, after its resurfacing during a recent Direct anything goes, but considering even that took more than a year I’m not getting my hopes up.

75%: New game announced early during the Nintendo World Championships 2015
The NWC having a comeback got a lot of attention and raised a ton of heads. The last time this competition happened was 25 years ago, and it was probably the biggest thing Nintendo had back in the NES era. However, keep in mind that it was based off The Wizard, a game that got most of its attention by being an early advertisement for Super Mario Bros. 3, which was not released at the time. Now, keep in mind that it’s entirely possible this won’t be the case, but you can never tell with Nintendo nowadays. What this game will be, I have no idea, but personally I’m holding out for a Mario NES throwback.

75%: Tantalus’ AAA port will be revealed.
This is a game from a notable AAA studio that isn’t M-rated that is being ported to Wii U. We know nothing about what this game will be, but notable contenders are Destiny (which is technically T-rated), Minecraft (i.e. the console version), or Star Wars Battlefront (provided it’s T-rated; it’s currently RP). However, it’s not impossible that the AAA port is of an unannounced AAA game set to be revealed at E3.

75%: New first-party or second-party IP revealed
No one was expecting Splatoon last year, and that game is currently a pretty big success, so I think it’s relatively safe to say that something new from Nintendo’s first-party or second-party studios will be announced.

75%: Dormant IP revival (F-Zero, Golden Sun, Mach Rider, Punch-Out, Puzzle League, etc)
I get the feeling Nintendo’s gonna take one of these IP’s and make a new game in one of their dormant series. While F-Zero is a popular request from fans, I’m personally hoping Punch-Out Wii U gets a reveal.

70%: Next Level Games’ new project gets unveiled
It’s been over two years since Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon was released, so I’d say it’s about time for something from the quirky Canadian-based dev team. That being said, the company went on record on Twitter as saying they might not make an E3 appearance, so for that reason it’s lower on the list than Retro.

50%: More information from Zelda Wii U
Oof…this game. This was only officially revealed last year at E3, and got solid gameplay footage at the Game Awards at the end of last year, but was delayed to 2016. Aonuma said that it wouldn’t appear at E3 this year, so what might have been a 100% this year is now a 50%. Don’t expect it to prop up at the Digital Event.
T-Ed711

Location : The South-Western Desert (former) Wasteland of America

Back to top Go down

Re: E3 2015 Thread - METAL GEAR SOLID V IS THE ONLY GAME WORTH WATCHING FOR THIS YEAR EDITION

Post by Nuke Kioh on Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:47 am

I made a Nintendo bingo thing because I'm lame
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by 腐川冬子/fukawa touko on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:56 pm

MGS V and Danganronpa: Another Episode

The latter will get no press, and they both release on the same date

I get the only games I'm buying all year on the same day.

If MGSV is not GOTY I think I'll go nuclear.

Admin

http://zebunker.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:32 am

Good thread title change. :>
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top