Character model sheets. Whacha think?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Character model sheets. Whacha think?

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:02 am

Hey folks. I've decided to post some character model sheets of some projects I have pitched and some projects I wish to work on if I can get a collaboration with the writers / creators who earn such property. I want you guys to take a look at it and tell me what you think.

Here are some model sheets made of my own creation and my original characters:

Intern Action - A pitch I made for Frederator's GO! Cartoons and have yet to get a reply. The cartoon is about a young trade school student, Spud Spaulding; an aphid who applies for an internship at a superhero team called the Super Buds. Teamed up with all American stud Super Zeroman, the you-go-girl fashioned action fetal Gogo Gal, the pizza eating guitar wielding marsupial Aero Bat and the kawaii otaku bunnycat girl Haromy Nyako; Spud Spaulding has all the powers he can handle. I modeled Aero after the Aquabats.

Ninja Boy - Young trained ninja of the sky Kanzo travels to Osaka who live and board with Toshi who is the descendant of his deceased master. Along with him travels his talking ninja dog, Mokomako. But a rival of his clan shows up and wants to beat him at his own game. It's basically a mixture of Doraemon and Ninja Hattori-kun; both made by Fujiko Fujo. This is the only model sheet so far colored in photoshop as I was too busy preoccupied with other projects.

Kitsune - A Japanese anime-esque show. I was inspired by Ranma 1/2 to create this. The story tells Kai Suki; the leader of the long lost surviving kitsune werewolf peck who is on the run from a mad bloodthirsty hunter. Kai is cursed under a spell to transform into a human female for two weeks in the next full moon. Two weeks later, when another full moon comes, he turns back into a fox. He cannot speak human in his human form and has such speaks in animal sounds. He was taken in the UK by scholar boy Cosgrove, using an alias Kim Sume under his new human disguise, he tries to study human nature and behaviors while being on the lam from that mad hunter.

The Spook Center - A very twisted scary combination of the mystery detective styles of Scooby Doo and the haunted tails of Tim Burton films. A detective duo; Corey and Fleabag stay in Corey's deceased grandmother's haunted cottage for the summer; hosted by the one eyed hostess Betty Iris who is the daughter of the Mad Hatter and distant cousin eye removed from Freddy Krueger. Corey and Fleabag try to overcome their cowardiness to uncover the spooky secrets of the Spook Center Cottage especially when the zombie skull duggery Sid Bones comes to party.

Here are some character models I have created but the characters do not belong to me:

Wulin Warriors - Picture looks bad because I used a crummy old scanner. Wulin Warriors sounds very funny and comedic when I first watched it on TV and the rest online. I think it would have a good cult following and a decent fanbase if it was made an anime-esque cartoon; like Kappa Mikey, instead of overdubs of Mandarin puppets flying everywhere.

Superdudes - After watching the Young Justice episode "Runaways" and the Teen Titans GO! episode "You're Fired!", I instantly came up with the idea. I thought it would be funny to feature the Superfriends back on their own show but for the youth generation with Ed as El Dorado, Sam as Samurai, Tye as Apache Chief and Static as Black Vulcan. I even included Gear from the Static Shock show and the Wonder Twins to spice it up. I think the humor should go on the Teen Titans direction (the 2003 TT SHOW) with anime esque effects and all that stuff. Not like Teen Titans Go.

Cubix: Robots for Everyone - I loved watching Cubix on Kids WB, Fox Box and 4Kids TV as a kid and I was surprised on how I didn't notice the cheap Korean animation was done with it and the poor lip sync. What would you guys feel if Cubix was more 2D cartoonish?

Well. There it is. Tell me what you think by commenting below.

Back to top Go down

Re: Character model sheets. Whacha think?

Post by landbasered on Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:48 am

CreatEd wrote:
Here are some model sheets made of my own creation and my original characters:

Intern Action - A pitch I made for Frederator's GO! Cartoons and have yet to get a reply. The cartoon is about a young trade school student, Spud Spaulding; an aphid who applies for an internship at a superhero team called the Super Buds. Teamed up with all American stud Super Zeroman, the you-go-girl fashioned action fetal Gogo Gal, the pizza eating guitar wielding marsupial Aero Bat and the kawaii otaku bunnycat girl Haromy Nyako; Spud Spaulding has all the powers he can handle. I modeled Aero after the Aquabats.

Alright cool what do we got here, we got some anime, a superhero, an aquabats, louise from bobs burgers, and she-zow
pretty original, you say you designed these yourself? cool, cool

CreatEd wrote:

Weeaboo Scooby Doo! My favorite.

CreatEd wrote:

The Spook Center - A very twisted scary combination of the mystery detective styles of Scooby Doo and the haunted tails of Tim Burton films. A detective duo; Corey and Fleabag stay in Corey's deceased grandmother's haunted cottage for the summer; hosted by the one eyed hostess Betty Iris who is the daughter of the Mad Hatter and distant cousin eye removed from Freddy Krueger. Corey and Fleabag try to overcome their cowardiness to uncover the spooky secrets of the Spook Center Cottage especially when the zombie skull duggery Sid Bones comes to party.

There is a lot to talk about here! Lets see - you have a Wheeler from the second Wizard of Oz book, but you probably based it more on the movie. You made an OC who is simultaneously related to both Freddy Krueger, a copy written character, as well as the Mad Hatter. Very cool. No hat though, so a bit disappointing. Not sure how they can be distant cousins "eye removed", think maybe you meant "once removed"? Not sure. Cowardiness isn't a word, I think you mean "Cowardice". Seriously though you have four characters who lived in the cottage, not counting Scooby and Shaggy, and the one who's related to the mad hatter is one of two not wearing a hat. It's kind of stupid.

landbasered

Back to top Go down

Post by landbasered on Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:54 am

CreatEd wrote:

Wulin Warriors - Picture looks bad because I used a crummy old scanner. Wulin Warriors sounds very funny and comedic when I first watched it on TV and the rest online. I think it would have a good cult following and a decent fanbase if it was made an anime-esque cartoon; like Kappa Mikey, instead of overdubs of Mandarin puppets flying everywhere.

CreatEd wrote:
like Kappa Mikey,

Even Kappa Mikey was not popular using Kappa Mikey's style. It looks horrible and has aged worse.
landbasered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:04 am

1. It came on the top of my head. I liked SheZow when it aired, I've been a fan of the Aquabats for a long time so there. Super Zeroman is modeled after Captain Hero and Haromy was never meant to look like Louise; should have made her more anime enough in the model I guess. Suppose to be a bunnycat.
2. Ninja Boy was suppose to be inspired from Doraemon and Ninja Hattori-kun.
3. Wheeler was never meant to be based on a Wizard of Oz character. I said "eye removed" because she only has one eye, hence her name Betty Iris. I added the word cowardiness to make humor. And I wanted a character with a strange out of this world personality modeled after the Mad Hatter without actually imitating the Hatter's wardrode. Her character took a lot of work.
4. I liked Kappa Mikey. At least it had some taste when Sean did good lines for Gonard.

What about Cubix, Superdudes or the rest?

Back to top Go down

Post by landbasered on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:15 am

have you considered going to an art class or something?
Regarding Cubix, the titular robot is just several cubes

simple six sided cubes with a colored circle on each side, with balls as joints

your drawing of him seems to forgo this entirely, and instead just draw weird blocky two dimensional shapes. Perhaps you drew it based on memory?
It may be good practice to improve your art by having an image in front of you and drawing it based on sight. Like, a bowl of fruit to start out with?
landbasered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:17 am

This was the last drawing I did and I did it without a computer. Yes I did it out of memory so Cubix did look suckish as I have not seen the show for a long time. But I do like my turn on what I did for Dr. K.

Back to top Go down

Post by landbasered on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:27 am

Listen, I'll be fair and post some of my older art to show a comparison.
I made these pages when I was like 17 years old, and they are pretty bad.

Although they aren't the best art, I made sure to use wholly original ideas and characters, and created backstories that don't hinge on pop cultural media. Your ideas aren't terrible, they're just amateur.
landbasered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:31 am

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. But I am especially fond of my Kitsune and Superdudes pitch. I pitched to Syfy and still waiting a response.

Back to top Go down

Post by landbasered on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:37 am

Did you really pitch it to them or is this like your kickstarter thing where you told everyone you reached out to voice actors but didn't and when you got found out you pulled it down
landbasered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:44 am

Yes. I did pitch most of them. I pitched Intern Action and Ninja Boy to Frederator Studios. Kitsune to Syfy and The Spook Center to Mondo Media. Spook Center was rejected since Mondo no longer accepts pitches. I am still waiting for Larry's reply on a Wulin Warriors cartoon and am trying to schedule a meeting with Saban Brands on a possible Cubix pilot (highly doubt it though; on well)

Back to top Go down

Post by landbasered on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:59 am

Kitsune could work as a short live action series honestly. You have some good concepts, like the clashing cultures and how foxes work in them.
Syfy doesn't do too many animated shows to my knowledge, could you name one of them so I can get an idea of what it would be like?
landbasered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:02 am

Idk at this very moment. I was tied between MTV and Comedy Central but one of my friends suggested Syfy for an unknown reason so I gave it a go. I approach Kitsune to feature a lot of hidden innuendo overtones as the main characters' gender switches from a male animal to a female human.

Back to top Go down

Post by landbasered on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:02 am

CreatEd wrote: trying to schedule a meeting with Saban Brands on a possible Cubix pilot

I don't ... think you understand ... how this works
landbasered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:04 am

Yeah I don't with Cubix. That's why I have big doubts on Cubix because I have to get in touch with a lot of corporations (Saban, 4Licensing) and even Cineplex and work my ass up to see if there even interested in producing such idea. Other than that, I still believe in my Wulin Warriors, Superdudes and my original productions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:29 am

CreatEd, do you even have any sort of proof that you've managed to have any bit of success with your projects? I want pictures, and not of your drawings.
Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:41 am

These are just character models I did. Some are rejected and some have yet to be replied.

However, I do have 3 shorts that I'm working on that are good: Pink Roy (starring Antoine dodson), Pair of Pains (starring Vic Mignogna and Nick Afanasiev) and Gary the Gecko (starring Todd Haberkorn). I have their recordings for the cartoon so if any one is interested for a snippet of some of the lines, you can PM me.

I lost Todd's lines when my computer broke so I may have to ask him to re record next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:51 am

Just got a letter from Cartoon Hangover. 3 of my shorts got rejected. Oh well. I'll keep pitching.

Here. Undenyable proof that Todd was a part of the FUNBOX.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobias on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:31 am

you forgot to censor Mr. Haberkorn's phone number.

http://tobymobias.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:50 am

Darn. Oh well. I think that's just his agency's phone number but I don't know still. Anyway, I'm now currently doing more pitches and hey; I may even upload more character model sheets. I can't believe this topic had about 100+ views. Dang.

Back to top Go down

Post by landbasered on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:24 am

landbasered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:40 am

Funny how you brought up a picture of Jamenson.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:48 am

Here are some char designs I did in Photoshop. Just purchased the new chistel brushes from Kyle T. Webster's website.

Scar from Wulin Warriors. He is the funniest character in the show and I thought it would be funny if I drew him.

Spud Spaulding from my pitch; Intern Action.

This is Leo van Helshout; a character from a long ago monster school pitch called "Are you Spooked yet?". He was basically a combination of Mad Max and Gangbuster. I later revamped Spookyed yet into two different pitches: Freakzone High and Inside the Spook Center.

This is Noah Preciation- a very old comic book character I developed. I'm reviving some new comics featuring him. He is basically me in my youth. I'm currently developing a pitch to Frederator using my Noah character and with his sunny, happy go lucky personality, he would surely be a greenlight. Enjoy.

Back to top Go down

Post by landbasered on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:59 pm

I can't tell if you're trying to be like Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff or not
landbasered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Weird cuz I made these in photoshop. Just began the storyboard and will continue to finish it.

Back to top Go down

Post by landbasered on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:04 pm

please for the love of god post story board pictures
landbasered

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top