Character Sketches. What do you think?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Character Sketches. What do you think?

Post by landbasered on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:42 pm

So this is my idea for a show called "Fox Tails". It's based somewhat on Japanese folklore, specifically the Kitsune which is a magic shape-shifting fox. The difference is I'm also incorporating the English past time of fox hunting.
You see, each night under the moonlight, the main character, Mary Sousaphone, is transformed into a fox. The hunter, Max Hunter, comes out at night with his blood hounds to track the poor creature.

The first episode is from Mary's perspective as she first experiences the change, and it ends when she transforms back at one in the morning, to find herself in the middle of the woods and naked, only to hear a gunshot and see a hole in the tree behind her.
Episode two is from the hunters perspective, and begins with dogs barking, and a dark lit shot of Max lighting his cigar. Closeup to his face, and he says "Sic em boys." before cutting to the title sequence.

I've already pitched the show to three different korean animation studios, as well as the Syfy channel and TLC.

Here are some closeup shots

landbasered

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Sketches. What do you think?

Post by Mobias on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:47 am

This is a really solid concept and your artwork shows a lot of promise. I especially love how original it is and not derivative of existing works, which is an extreme rarity today.

http://tobymobias.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by landbasered on Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:17 am

thank you for your kind words
landbasered

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top