Unused Storyboards

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unused Storyboards

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:16 am

Hey guys. I decided to create a thread to showcase some storyboards of pitches I did but were passed on.

These two snapshots are from a pitch to GO CARTOONS! called "Pocket Headgear". It was about a vampire boy named Klaus, his talking hat Pucko and a yuka onna girl named Kim who go on a quest to buy a golden crown for friends birthday party which is guarded by a psycho demon named Xaphyra and his nergal familiar Red Butler aka Sam. The pitch was almost exactly what they were looking for in character and narrative structure. But the story was way too long, there were a few tangible stakes missing and it wasn't in the direction they were looking for. There direction is finding characters that audience would love, adore and watch over and over.

Back to top Go down

Re: Unused Storyboards

Post by landbasered on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:29 am

maybe if the boxes were square they would have accepted the idea better.

On a more serious note, try some more dynamic shots. Angles, backgrounds.
landbasered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:58 am

GO Cartoons does not require a professional storyboard; just a simple beatboard which is what I did. Remember; just because it doesn't look Hollywood-ish does not mean it would be horrible. Pen Ward's storyboard for the Adventure Time pilot looked downright awful; but it got greenlighted because Pen boarded well, was funny and laid down a 3 act story with lovable characters.

My pitch was pretty good. It's just that the pitch had a little too much characters and they want more diverse characters with open personalities that audience would adore. My pitch was a little more dialogue driven.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top