The Trainer's Journal (Ongoing Pokemon Story)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Trainer's Journal (Ongoing Pokemon Story)

Post by Space Soup on Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:49 pm

Here is just a place for my OC, Logan, to tell his stories during his time in the regions he's been in so far -- his home-region of Sinnoh, Johto and Kanto, and Hoenn (Pre-ORAS, should he ever decide to go back.) These are told from the beginning of his journey to his current point, wherever that might be, and are less told as a full-fledged story but more a series of short stories in the form of memories. If that makes any sense. And they all cover a multitude of things, from Gym Battles, to how he caught or befriended certain Pokemon, and many other things.

Last edited by Space Soup on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : revised thread title)

http://diaplank.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trainer's Journal (Ongoing Pokemon Story)

Post by Space Soup on Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:16 pm

=Prologue - First Entry=

Well, I told myself I would do this, and today's the day. I've never felt so nervous/excited in my life. I mean, this is a big journey I'm setting off on. Bigger than anything I've ever experienced before. Even my mother was scared to see me go... afraid something might happen to me. I honestly can't blame her for thinking that, it took a lot of convincing to have her see it my way... And thanks to Floatzel, he and Quilava promised to protect me no matter what. And the both of us know Floatzel, he's about as loyal as a Growlithe. Never mind that he's been my best friend for years now. Although it pained her, she understood our wishes. She even bought me something called a PokeGear about a day or two before I write this entry, starting my journey. Apparently, these things were exported to Sinnoh from the Johto Region not long ago, was already decked out with all sorts of things, like a Radio and a Map, and most importantly, a Phone app. I guess she wants me to keep in touch since I'm going to be out on a long journey.

She also gave me this nice-looking journal -- she says if anything important ever happens to me, I need to record it so I never forget. She said it was something my dad would've told me. Of course, I'm taking this advice to heart, seeing as it's my first entry. This is gonna be the last time I see this house for a while, but I'm still psyched, and so are Floatzel and Quilava! It feels like yesterday that I just became a trainer and got Quilava, then-Cyndaquil, before Dad got sick. But now, it's time to go out and be a trainer for real. Let's go, me! Now, I guess a good place to start would be the first Gym, but the closest is Chandice. I'm sure she'll go easy on me, right...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:27 pm

=Entry 2, 8/12/0X: Chandice=

Chandice was surprised that I wanted to begin my league challenge with her. Normally, trainers start battling her as the seventh gym leader, but I chose her for my first because I was her disciple and I wanted my skills to be put to the test. Besides, she was the closest. Surprisingly, her Pokemon team was balanced from the start -- she didn't use her Glaceon! Instead, she used a Snover and Snorunt -- Ice-types, naturally. Even with the Pokemon's levels equal to Quilava's, she didn't pull any punches. Then again, neither did I. Quilava's flames made quick work and melted her team pretty quickly. The match was over fast, and Chandice never looked prouder at how strong I've become since becoming her student two years ago. I wondered if Annie was actually here to see this, but Chandice said she had left already, on her way to Oreburgh City, where the first gym badge is properly won. I just nodded in agreement. She'll battle her way, I'll battle my way. She gave me the Icicle Badge and a TM... I was never quite sure how to use these things, and it's not like I can now. Neither of my two Pokemon can learn this move, Avalanche. But the way Chandice talked about it, especially with the name alone, it sounds pretty powerful. Maybe one of these days, I'll catch a Pokemon that can use it. Till then, my journey continues. It's time to get out of Snowpoint and into the rest of Sinnoh. Look out, here we come!

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:08 am

=Entry #3, 8/12/0X: Mt. Coronet=

As I write this, Floatzel and I just barely made it out of Mt. Coronet. The air in the cave felt rather damp, and it was hard enough to see. Floatzel's nose was able to sniff our way out into fresher air, and unfortunately, into wild Pokemon in the area -- namely, Gravelers that were blocking the path, and ONE Machoke that was in a foul mood, smashing rocks left and right and throwing boulders out of the way. And unfortunately, it spotted us, and started chucking those boulders our way! Luckily, Floatzel's speed beat the Machoke's muscles and managed to get some great hits on the brute, but not before it was ,soon enough, chasing us through the cave, throwing the occasional boulder behind us, hoping it would land on us. Fortunately, the path we were running led to light -- finally, an exit!

As soon as we were finally out of the cave, it was past noon, at least. The Machoke, thinking he was still on our tails, just ended up unintentionally plugging the entrance to the cave with one of the boulders it was trying to throw. Yikes... Mom was right. This world is pretty dangerous. But I can't give up now! Eterna City is just ahead!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Villain of Scams on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:12 am

I am reading and enjoying these, keep it up!
The Villain of Scams

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:00 am

NOTE: From this post forward, there may be multiple journal entries in one post, to speed up the process and to make sure I don't hit any post limit that may be in place.

=Entry #4, 8/12/0X: Homecoming=

I write this from the Pokemon Center in Eterna City. It's evening right now, and we've lodged here for the night. We're all tired, and I must say, Quilava's had quite the workout. It feels as though he's getting stronger than Floatzel is. But I'm getting ahead of myself -- here's what happened today.

So, we finally get to Eterna City... my old hometown before my dad had to move to Snowpoint about four years ago. I've made quite a few friends here and I missed them all...I was hoping that they'd all still be here, but it seems like the one that immediately came to my mind had already moved away... It wasn't long before my stomach was growling, hungry for food. It was lunchtime by the time we got there, so we decided to break for Lunch and buy something at the PokeMart. We'd need to stock up on supplies for the journey ahead, anyway. And shocking enough, I found an old friend of mine, a Blond girl I went to Trainer's School with -- Miranda Farahn! She looked a little tired, but there she was, getting a bit of food from the shelves. I was happy to see her again, and she was surprised to see me as well, knowing the move. She was also... a bit tired. She told me she only comes here because she can't stomach her grandparent's cooking, no matter how hard she tries. We decided to eat together and catch up. She was a trainer herself, her Pokemon was a Porygon, nicknamed "Vic Viper"... Appropriate, seeing as she was a bit of a gamer girl. She said she it was given to her by her brother when he had to make a run for parts in Veilstone City. And even if Vic's technically genderless, she refers to it as a male... Never thought of that. I told her my piece, how I was doing, and why I was in Eterna to start with... She nodded in understanding, saying that it felt like I had a hard life. I wouldn't say that, but it was nice to see a warm smile after telling her that. Like everything would be okay. At least, I hope so. Then, she wondered if I ever got lonely considering how big my journey would be, and to be truthful, there's a good chance I just might be, but why would she ask something like that...?

Afterwards, we parted ways, Miranda telling me to talk to her again when I beat the Gym Leader of this town, Gardenia... A Grass-Type Leader. Easy pickings for Quilava, and because Floatzel knows an Ice move or two, he might be able to get a really good hit on some of them, too.

I had to admire the work that Gardenia put into her gym -- it was a lot more interesting than the generic slide-on-ice thing I mastered for months in Chandice's gym, and what can I say, I have a thing for clocks. But Gardenia herself was no mere pushover. Her Turtwig's Sunny Day may have made Quilava's attacks hit even harder, but it gave her Cherrim the upper hand because of how long it lasted. And Cherrim's attacks, though ineffective, wore down Quilava, especially concerning moves like Leech Seed, so Floatzel had to face off against her Roserade while I let Quilava recover. Floatzel wasn't even fast enough to deal with a cloud of Stun Spore, leaving him paralyzed and more open for attack... Which Roserade took full advantage of, blowing him away with a well-aimed Energy Ball. Unable to battle, it was Quilava's turn again while Floatzel had a rest. Quilava burned right through Roserade's Magical Leaves with his Flame Wheel, and into Roserade itself, earning us the rightful victory, the Forest Badge, and another TM.

After we won, we visited the Farahn's house, and Miranda, who had talked to her grandparents about our meetup at the PokeMart. She had told her grandparents that she wanted to come with me on my journey, but they weren't sure about letting her do that... They were just as concerned for her as my mom was for me, apparently, and weren't as willing to let her go. But she told her brother as well, and he thought that it might be great for her. They also invited me for dinner and let my Pokemon rest a little. I didn't want to stay too long, so once it got dark, I headed for the Pokemon Center. I still wonder if that might tip the odds in her favor...I won't know for sure, not until the next morning, at least...

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:41 am

=Entry #5, 8/13/0X: Partnership=

Morning came, and I was still anxious about whether or not Miranda would be joining me... I wondered how it would even change the course of my little adventure. When I came out of the Pokemon Center after breakfast, I heard a bicycle bell ringing...

"Logan! Over here!"

It was Miranda! And she was... on a bike? She said that since I haven't been to Oreburgh City yet, the shortest way to it was down the Cycling Road. I told her I had never ridden a bike in my life, but she said that I could ride on hers. It sounded dangerous, but it seemed like our only way... So we took a chance. I was trying my hardest not to upset the balance of the bike, seeing as I was a bit... on the heavy side. And because of that, Miranda had to go slow. She, and natrually, a few other cyclists, were not pleased, but after about a fifteen-minute ride down, we made it to the slopes leading into Oreburgh, down a slippery, sandy slope.

...She immediately told me that I wasn't riding up with her. She'd ride up first and then throw a rope down for me after we beat the next Gym -- in this case, Roark. Floatzel should be able to handle something like that, easy, if I remember my types right. We'll see what happens...

EXTRA: Entry #M1, 8/12/0X: Take A Chance:

I never thought I'd see Logan again after he moved away. He seems to have changed in personality since the move, less... childlike? He told me about his dad dying and how since then, he wanted to prove himself as a trainer. That's very courageous of him, but I worried about him going it alone. The least he could do is have a partner. I invited him to dinner after he beat Gardenia and later, asked my Grandparents if I could join them. Since Jace and I both lost our parents, our grandparents have been very protective of us, even though Jace is an adult now, and in training to be an engineer. They had fears of me being out in the world, but I told Jace the same thing to him, and he thought it was a great idea -- Logan seemed strong himself, we could protect each other. He told me that he would talk to Grandma and Grandpa to see if he can curry their favor for me... I hope so. It would be nice to go on an adventure like Logan is, and I'm sure he would want a friend to come along.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:04 pm

=Entry #6, 8/13/0X: Annie=

After we had to make a slight detour to the mines to actually find Roark, who was working on finding ores of coal, in addition to whatever fossils he happens to come upon, I finally managed to fight him back at his Gym. And just as I suspected, Floatzel's water attacks would see to it this battle was done in a flash, though his last Pokemon, a Rampardos, did cause some trouble. The Coal Badge was ours, and so was the course for the third gym -- in Hearthome City, one of Sinnoh's busier cities.

As promised, Miranda pulled me up the slope leading to the southwest area of Mt. Coronet with a rope... which was even more taxing considering my weight. After we took a moment to catch our breath, we heard another bicycle bell -- And coming out of Cycling Road was none other than the richest girl in Snowpoint City, and my neighbor, Annette Milta... or Annie, as I perfer to call her.

She scoffs as seeing my filthy with dirt, but asks how I've been doing. I told her I already have three badges and I was going to get my third. She told me not to wait up, as she already has two and is shooting for her third. As for knowing I had a third badge, she belittled me knowing that I obviously went first with Chandice. She sighed and gave me "the honor" of advice on the next Leader, Fantina. Though normally the third Leader in a trainer's journey, there are some trainers that don't battle her until they'd be getting her badge as their fifth. Her Pokemon are strong against Psychic types, but are just as weak to themselves, and Dark types. If I wanted to be at an advantage, there should be some Pokemon in that weird house in Eterna Forest. I ask why hadn't she checked it herself? She cringed, but then regained her composure -- "I don't need to. I'm confident in Rachel's abilities, along with the rest of my team's. I assume you still have Floatzel and Quilava. Step your game up, if you wanna make it in this region."

And she biked away. I looked to Miranda, and Miranda looked at me, and then we looked towards Cycling Road.

"We could always take the..."
"No."
"Why?"
"Because no."

So our course was abruptly changed by Miranda, as we took the long way to Eterna Forest. I'll make another entry after we get there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:46 pm

=Entry #7, 8/13/0X: The Professor=

Well, I know I said I'd record my next entry when we reached Eterna Forest, but halfway there, at Jubilife City, we met someone I never thought we would meet until MUCH later -- Professor Rowan, Sinnoh's Pokemon Professor... He still had that stern expression he always had, even when I was ten when he gave me my Cyndaquil. In spite of that expression, he was actually quite pleased to see me, noting how strong I had gotten thus far. Miranda introduced herself as well, and what she was doing with me. Rowan understood my journey, and said that he had something that could aid me on our way. He asked me to come to his lab in Sandgem Town -- not that far away from Jubilife. Miranda, though bemused, said that maybe we should go, and I agreed wholeheartedly. Whatever the Professor's summoning us for must be important.

At Sandgem Town, Rowan was at his desk, and greeted us warmly. On his desk was a strange red device -- the Professor called this a Pokedex, specifically, the HANDY 910 model. This can scan any Pokemon and give information on it, such as its cry or main locations, or if a Pokemon is caught, descriptions of the Pokemon and comparisions to the owner's own weight and height. He asked  me to try it, so I searched the first full entry I could find -- that being, Floatzel's.

Code:
Sinnoh Pokedex No. 57: Floatzel - Sea Weasel Pokemon
H: 3'07"/1.1m
W: 73.9 lbs/33.5kg
It is a common sight around fishing ports. It is known to rescue people and carry off prey.

Additionally, Rowan told me that the Pokedex can also give a detailed summary of Pokemon on-hand in addition to detailed summaries of the moves a Pokemon knows, without the need to check from a PC, which I had done previously. I thanked the Professor for this gift. Then, I remembered Annie... She was given a starter by the Professor as well. I asked if she needed a Pokedex, too, saying I would gladly give it to her the next time we met. He said no, stating that she had gotten hers long ago, specially requested by her parents when she got her Pokemon way back when. He apologized for asking us to come all the way over here, wished me luck on my journey, and sent us on our way. With our little detour dealt with, we were back on our way to Eterna Forest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:12 am

=Entry #8, 8/13/0X: Old Chateau=

By the time I'm writing this entry, it's already nighttime. The walk to Eterna Forest was a long one, and by the time we reached the entrance to the forest, it was nearly sundown. Fortunately, to save time, Miranda knew a shortcut around the forest -- she knew where the house was already, at the end of the forest near Eterna City. I breathed a sigh of relief; with how dark it was, the last thing I wanted was to be lost in the forest for hours in search of some abandoned house.

When we got inside, already, there was a daunting presence amongst us. That being, there were ghosts everywhere! Specifically, Ghastlies. The two of us retracted to the threat, me bringing out both Quilava and Floatzel, and Miranda sending out her Porygon, Vic Viper. Miranda said his Psybeam attack could keep the Ghastlies at bay, since they're part Posion-type. Though that was true, As we searched the mansion I found myself in a room with a television inside. It was off at first, but as soon as the rest of my team and I entered, the door slammed shut behind us -- leaving Miranda locked out.

All three of us were anxious. There was a window, and through the cobwebs, we could see that already, it was nighttime. Then our attention turned to the TV -- someone, or something had turned it on. The TV was old, and only showed nothing except the usual TV static. I carefully approached it, tapping on the screen a couple of times. Suddenly, from the static, a pair of eyes popped onto the screen, blinking at me. I quickly recoiled back to my frightened team, and when I did, out poppsed a strange, orange Pokemon, chittering angrily and sending thundershocks across the room! I quickly scanned it with the Pokedex, sending out Quilava to attack it. The Pokemon was called a Rotom -- was it another Ghost Pokemon?! Quilava's embers hit the Rotom, and Floatzel dilligently put out any flames that would go astray -- the last thing we needed was for the Mansion to go up with us still in it. It was a tough fight -- I sometimes had to let Floatzel fight while Quilava was recovering from any Confuse Rays it shot towards us. But when I had my chance, I threw one of the Poke Balls I had packed from yesterday at it. Then, things went quiet... Floatzel, Quilava and I were looking at the ball anxiously, ready for if the Poke Ball should fail, clenching our eyes shut for that moment.

...Then, we heard a click. And then, my Pokedex alerted me that it had acquired more information on Rotom!

Code:
Sinnoh Pokedex No. 152: Rotom - Plasma Pokemon
H: 1'00"/0.3m
W: 0.7lbs/0.3kg
Its electric-like body can enter some kinds of machines and take control in order to make mischief.

We caught the Pokemon, the TV shut off again, and the door swung open -- with Miranda tumbling over, appearing to have tried to open it several times. I just stared at the Poke Ball in shock... at just about everything. Heck, the way it came out of that TV was just like one of my favorite TV shows, Pulseman Neos.

...Then it hit me. I wanted to give this Rotom a nickname. That being, Pulse, after that same superhero.

We've since went out of the forest and we're back in the Pokemon Center in Eterna City. Miranda told me that we'll have to go down Cycling Road again, but this time, I'd better hang on tight, because she's not taking fifteen minutes to do it. With Pulse at my side, maybe I have a chance of winning this. At least, I hope so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:40 am

=Entry #9, 8/14: Sweets=

After another awkward trip down Cycling Road, and a cut across the caverns inside Mt. Coronet, we finally made it to another one of the bigger cities in the Sinnoh Region - Hearthome City, home to the Contest Hall, the Hearthome Cathedral, and Amity Park... which caught my interest first and foremost, thinking we could use a moment to relax after our journey thus far, but the minute we tried to go in, we were booted out, being told that only "cute Pokemon" were allowed. My Floatzel's cute! Right...?

There was also a building sort of like a cooking classroom. It's said that they make a special treat here called Poffins, said to amplify a Pokemon's "condition"... whatever that means. And best of all, they were made with nothing more but a special batter mix and up to four berries, though we were told only one would suffice. I was a little nervous, but after a couple of tries with a few throwaway berries, I seemed to get the hang of it, and sure enough, I spent the day making at least a baker's dozen worth of poffins, in varying flavors. Miranda's came out decently enough, too, but she seemed disinterested in it. Looking at the treat, myself, I had to wonder if they were fit for human consumption... So I tired it. I used a Pecha Berry, so no doubt that pink hue meant it was sweet-tasting...

...And indeed it was! Wow, I never thought I'd be that good at this. Mom would be proud! Miranda took one look at me and said that they were probably meant for Pokemon alone... I can't imagine why. It's like a shortbread. Besides, food's food. I offered Miranda one for herself, but she declined, saying that we needed to get a move on. The instructor, impressed with my work, asked me if I'd like to make Poffins like this all the time. And of course I would, these things tasted great, at least the way I made them. She nodded in understanding and gave me a Poffin Case, which I could not only put the spoils of my work in, but it also contained all the tools I needed to make Poffins outside the classroom -- including a portable cooker, but the electric kind that only worked if you plugged it into an outlet or something. There were also instructions and pointers in the drawer the cooker was kept, too.

I spent most of my journeying towards Hearthome training Pulse, knowing that he'd be quite a help. But he's also just as at-risk, he's part-ghost, too. What I needed was a strategy to make sure Rotom would keep out of harms way.

When we were walking past an alleyway, Pulse's ball was shaking, like he saw something nearby. I looked around... all that was in the alleyway was an old electric fan, thrown away like garbage. Suddenly, Pulse came out of his Pokeball, immediately darting towards the trashed fan. He was moving all around it, chittering excitedly.

...Then, it went INSIDE the fan! The fan flashed white for a few seconds, and there was Pulse, with a brand new body! ...Or did he give life to the broken fan again in the form of himself?

The Pokedex went off, giving new information -- something about a "Forme"... Why is it spelled with an "e" at the end? This forme was called "Fan Rotom", and changed it to the Electric/Flying type. So this is what the Pokedex meant by Rotom being able to enter machines... I checked Pulse's status -- strangely, one of his moves, Thunder Wave, was replaced with a new move, Air Slash. Sweet! Now I have a better chance at dealing with Fantina, though I won't be able to do much with that and Astonish alone... No doubt I'll have to rely on Floatz for assistance again. Though after that close encounter at the Old Chateau, something tells me the last thing he wants to deal with today are more Ghosts...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top