Any video games that may have depth to it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any video games that may have depth to it?

Post by Muji on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:17 am

alright so my request is a bit odd. bare with me

i play dota 2 and a game mode for gmod called morbus. dota is pretty strategically challenging, so much to learn and to do. at the highest lvls people are able to keep track of someones cooldowns, use every small thing to their advantage, have very logical item builds etc.

Morbus is one where Me and a few players  have taken from a casual gamemode to something thats pretty competitive between the top players. we've taken the game from being played at a primitative lvl to something that has some next lvl plays coming out, along with high lvl concepts. (idk how to explain it to people that havent played the game, but by concept its like "if someone is doing this, it must mean this, if i hear this, it must mean this, if do something, they have to do this, else anything else its inefficient. ") the best way to play the game is pretty much figured out and any next lvl strats arent going to be huge as others found/thought of (except for one i can think of, but that doesnt matter).

anyways, Im looking for some like dota or morbus. something that has some great strategical depth, or something that seems simple/for fun but is possible it has depth to it. bonus points if it has a group of people that are kinda competitive, item system, math to be done in ur head if you want an advantage,rts, you can see your self improve like dota or starcraft or csgo, or the player base is bad but theres alot of potential to strategy and to improve those players.

suggest any small time mod with a small community and i might pick it up. I dont think i wanna go into something like pokemon or heartstone or overwatch tho. suggest something with a name like dawrf fortress and ill be likely to think about it.  (btw, is that a good game? )

tl:dr give me suggestions to games that have some complexity to them, or seem simple but can be taken to another lvl b/c of unreleased potential/ppl playing just for fun.
Muji

Back to top Go down

Re: Any video games that may have depth to it?

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:04 am

Dwarf Fortress
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Spikender on Thu May 05, 2016 3:50 am

If you don't care if it's singleplayer, I'd go for Mount and Blade: Warband for endless fun mods with lots of simplicity yet shit tons of depth.
Spikender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top