Looking For Players For One Of The Warhammer 40k RPGs (Or maybe one of the Savage Worlds settings or DnD or Shadowrun)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What System Do You Prefer

12% 12% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
12% 12% 
[ 2 ]
18% 18% 
[ 3 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
12% 12% 
[ 2 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
18% 18% 
[ 3 ]
18% 18% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 17

Looking For Players For One Of The Warhammer 40k RPGs (Or maybe one of the Savage Worlds settings or DnD or Shadowrun)

Post by ChopperSniper on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:34 pm

Has anyone ever wanted to play any of the Warhammer 40k games or even though about playing any sort of tabletop RPG in general? Well look no further! Mesh and I are looking for people who are interested in playing any of the Warhammer 40k games like Only  War, Dark Heresy 2nd Edition, Black Crusade, and so on. Also maybe some of the Savage Worlds settings if anyone would prefer those instead, or maybe Shadowrun or Dungeons and Dragons. And before anyone asks why a tabletop game thread is in the section on video games, we'll be running in on Roll20, the site that has stuff like dice rollers, map makers, character sheets, and so on. Here's the list of all the games that are a thing and what they're about:

Only War - Join the military! Travel around! See new and exotic plants and beasts that may or may not be trying to eat your face off or digest you whole! Applies to the animals AND plants! Meet new people and probably kill them because they're heretics/traitors, servant of Chaos, or just plain old filthy xenos! The Imperial Guard might just be for you if you're interested! Mainly about warfare and leading your squad to victory, regardless about whether not half of the millions of Guardsmen on the planet die in battles or not.

Dark Heresy (1E and 2E, most likely 2E) - The Inquisition needs you, whether you like it or not! If you know too much about some strange scroll that you found while rummaging about in some Imperial files, either you'll be killed or acquired by the Inquisition! These guys root out heresy, chaos, and xenos threats on planets across the universe! Generally supposed to be subtle, though sometimes you gotta get loud and shout "WE'RE THE INQUISITION AND WE'RE KICKING THE DOOR IN WITH ABOUT HALF OF THE PLANETARY DEFENSE FORCE BEHIND US". Less combat (though can still happen often), more intrigue and subtlety and possibly threatening to shoot corrupt local Imperial government folks in the face unless they surrender.

Deathwatch - Be the Space Marines! Any of them! Go and shoot some Tyranids in the face for the glory of the God-Emperor and to protect the Imperium! You play as big angry men in heavily armored spacesuits wielding big .75 caliber guns that shoot explosive bullets and you'll be staring down the most terrifying things in the universe. Unlike the Imperial Guard, you probably won't scream, cry, or wet your pants. Plenty of hordes to face down (luckily there's rules to make this stuff simpler). Plenty of combat, gotta fight to be honorable after all!

Rogue Trader - Ever wanted to be a pompous ass with his own spaceship and REALLY relaxed trade restrictions? Like being able to trade xenos artifacts and EVEN HAVE A FILTHY XENOS ON YOUR CREW? Or want to be one of those xenos or just proper human crewmember? This is for you! Travel the galaxy for capitalism and profits, and probably stamping down anything in your way, like other Rogue Traders or silly things such as "trade laws" and "human rights". Rules for ship design are in this! Plenty of talking AND naval/crew combat, depends on whether or not those orks you ran across feel like talking (hint: they probably don't).

Black Crusade: Damn the Imperium of Man, you serve the forces of CHAOS! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! All that fun stuff! Plenty of infighting if you so desire, followers of different gods hate each other, though they can still work together if it looks like they can get their work done together! Plenty of combat (if you love Khorne), though that's not to say the minions of other gods can't fight. Slaneesh and Nurgle often prefer subtler means at times, and Tzeentch is... he's complicated. Point is, if you want to bring Chaos to the Imperium, this is for you!

Savage Worlds stuff:

Deadlands - Do you like the Wild West? What about the Weird West? Supernatural stuff abounds in this setting where the Union and the Confederacy remain split, Abe Lincoln is an undead private eye, and stuff like auto-gyros (aka helicopters) and undead armies exist! Plenty of tech powered by a special rock that actually sounds like the screaming of the damned when burned! Rules for duels based off of poker! All that fun stuff! Plenty of combat and s***-talking in this setting, though that's not to say you can't charm your way through things.

Weird War II - World War II with supernatural stuff! Play as the Allies while trying to survive the more mundane stuff like Stukas, MG42s, banzai charges, and whatever jungle diseases there are! Or try to survive the more supernatural stuff like undead Nazis and Nazi Wehrwolves, or undead kamikaze pilots and creepy ruins in the Pacific region that have God knows what! Definitely more combat focused, but there are still civilians to talk to if you find some, and time for talking while on breaks.

Not Savage Worlds or 40k Stuff:

Shadowrun - Ever wanted to play as a criminal? Shadowrun is for you! Cyberpunk fantasy, with Seattle or wherever else you want to run in being filled with elves, orks, magic, and so on! Dragon CEOs! Bug spirits! Regular non-hostile spirits! Native American countries! Be a shadowrunner, a professional criminal who does whatever they're hired for! Has some combat, generally better to be talkative and more subtle due to the... hard-hitting combat.

DnD 5e - Dungeons and Dragons needs no introduction, as it's THE tabletop game. Combat and intrigue filled, it's whatever you want! Just never play a goddamn drow. Ever.

If you're interested in ANY of this, feel free to post in here! Put down all the games you're interested in, as well as what days you're free/have time for! Weekends are slightly better, but whatever day works! (I'm busy on Wednesdays at times, but still put that down if you're available on that day)

Last edited by ChopperSniper on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:30 pm; edited 5 times in total

ChopperSniper

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking For Players For One Of The Warhammer 40k RPGs (Or maybe one of the Savage Worlds settings or DnD or Shadowrun)

Post by Mesh on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:43 pm

Personal pick is the most simple, for 40k games anyway. But I really don't mind regardless.
Mesh

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking For Players For One Of The Warhammer 40k RPGs (Or maybe one of the Savage Worlds settings or DnD or Shadowrun)

Post by The Villain of Scams on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:49 pm

I voted for three things. Was I allowed to do that? I'm in anyways, whatever happens.
The Villain of Scams

Back to top Go down

Post by ChopperSniper on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:12 pm

Yeah, it's multiple choice voting. And ANYONE can change their votes, so if you voted thinking it was single-vote, it's not. It's multiple vote. VOTE FOR WHATEVER INTERESTS YOU, CLICK WHATEVER.

ChopperSniper

Back to top Go down

Post by BrenHans on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:51 pm

I voted for Dungeon and Dragons and Shadowrun.

I'm in a bit of a medieval mood, and I love Shadowrun's lore a bunch.

Nothing against Warhammer, it's metal as fuck and badass so best of luck if any of those wins.
BrenHans

Back to top Go down

Post by ChopperSniper on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:08 pm

Good to know that there's some interest, but I'd like to make a reminder that whoever voted should probably post about what they voted for. There's a few unaccounted Deathwatch voters, and the issue is that I don't know who's interested in that due to this, and i probably won't be able to count those votes in the end. If you voted but didn't post, PLEASE do so. If you're going to vote, PLEASE post!

ChopperSniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tech097 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:04 pm

WHY HASN'T ANYONE VOTED DEADLANDS???

WHAT POSSIBLE REASON WOULD YOU HAVE TO NOT VOTE FOR IT?!?!?!

IT'S LIKE IF RED DEAD REDEMPTION CROSSED PATHS WITH GRAVITY FALLS! I NEED IT!!!

Tech097

Back to top Go down

Post by Mesh on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:01 am

I like Space Marines, that's why.
Mesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Gonna go with Deathwatch.
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Noisy Boy on Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:30 am

D&D, Shadowrun or Deathwatch, I'm happy with anyone.

Why No Space Hulk
Noisy Boy

Back to top Go down

A Vote for Deadlands is...uh...Good.

Post by Tech097 on Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:46 pm

Mesh wrote:I like Space Marines, that's why.

Well ok that's fiar, BUT I DIGRESS,

a chance like this only comes so often, a new campaign means new chances to experiment, I could join a D&D game whenever with the people I know, to me Deadlands just feels like a good way to branch out...tho to be fair Space Marines is second for me, any version of it, just because I have never heard of anyone hosting that game.

EDIT: Also i'm more convenient for Saturday nights/afternoons on doing this type of stuff since school usually takes up a majority of the week for me and I may not be in the mood to jump into a campaign before a test day or such.
Tech097

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top