Bug's FanArt (and maybe other stuff, too)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bug's FanArt (and maybe other stuff, too)

Post by Bug_53 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:03 am

Hey, guys. Long time no see. When I was a kid I used to draw a lot, and I've recently gone back into and out of it here and there. Today I finally got up the nerve to scan something in. (I tend to be self critical about my own creations.  Razz ) In case anyone didn't know, along with "Ed, Edd 'n Eddy," another favorite Cartoon Cartoon of mine is "Courage: The Cowardly Dog." (So much so that I bought every season on DVD as soon as it was released.) I drew a little sketch yesterday of him with a fan character I came up with, and today I decided to try my hand at vectoring it.

First off, I would like to provide a bit of context. A little while back, I had a dream where Courage was being followed by a small puppy that looked a lot like him. (Then it took a twisted turn where Eustace and Muriel die of old age and Courage commits suicide, but that part's not important.) I recently thought about that dream again and decided to see if I could make something out of it. I came up with a little story in my head about an infant pup being rescued by a resident of the town, and through some chain of events ends up meeting Courage. I might write the whole thing up some day, but for now I just have one piece of art.

And now, after all of that rambling, I give you Courage and Faith:

(Its got a few rough edges, but I think it's pretty darn good for a first try.)

Faith was a stray from birth and no one really knows what became of her mother. She was rescued by a resident of the town of Nowhere (not Muriel, it's someone else) after being ruthlessly attacked by a group of other dogs. During her recovery period she meets Courage. Due to her horrific experience, she is at first deathly afraid of him, but he soon reassures her that she can trust him. However, she gradually becomes very emotionally attached to Courage (since he was the first one she knew of to show her any sort of kindness.) When she's well enough to move around again, she begins to follow him around and clings to him at every opportunity. At first Courage doesn't mind it too much, but as time goes on she really starts to wear him out and he starts wishing that she would just leave him alone already.

That's pretty much as far as I've gotten with this whole idea. It's still very much a work in progress, but it could be a nice little bit of FanFiction one day. Who knows.  Smile

And, for anyone who's interested, here's the original sketch I drew:
Spoiler:

Anyway, that's all for now. Sorry for the ginormous post!
Bug_53

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top