On second thought, I think I'm out.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On second thought, I think I'm out.

Post by DTanza on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:15 am

No offense to the moderating staff here, I understand you're all pretty new at this and I respect that you're willing to take time out of your day to try and keep a community that you enjoy alive.

But honestly after reading the misogynistic and homophobic rant that BB went on, I don't think that this new site has enough safeguards to keep up a sane community and decent level of discussion. There doesn't appear to be any serious repercussions to openly throwing slurs at people you have a vendetta against. The swag system has the same problem that the points system had back on the old T3E, namely that it just promotes anger by making people think they're under attack just because someone didn't like their post.

I've gotten used to having at least some level of basic civility expected, and it doesn't seem like that's going to happen here. Again, I've got no problems with the staff, I know it's not your fault, you kind of got saddled with this situation after the old site collapsed. But I'm not interested in sitting around hearing about how much one person or another is terrified of gays and girls and how much they despise the entire moderating staff and anyone who's even remotely friendly to them.

Still on Facebook, occasionally on E2E if anyone's interested in keeping up. (Hah, yeah Tanza, keep flattering yourself.)

See you around, and good luck. Try not to break your fingers while you're slamming on the down-vote button.
DTanza

Back to top Go down

Re: On second thought, I think I'm out.

Post by Kirkland22 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:59 am

I'm gonna have to agree with Tanza on this one. Some of the recent behavior has been absolutely inexcusable, and it is bothersome that there seems to be little ramification for such abusiveness. I agree that we should not denigrate the entire website for the actions of a few, but it does indicate shortcomings that I think need to be worked out. In solidarity with Tanza's move, I will give this place a break and come back in the future when all the administrative kinks have been worked out. Good luck to you all!
Kirkland22

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullDevil on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:05 am

Up until now, I've never been a person to post on threads that discuss serious topics and issues like this one, so forgive me if I haven't experienced the whole thing. Point being, I can see where you're coming from about Bleach's hateful comments. I read them, and while I'm friends with him, yeah I do think it's a little imature and out of line, but then again I don't know the full extent of this situation so I could be wrong on this.

Anyway, hope you guys come back soon. Until then, I wish you good luck my friends.
SkullDevil

Back to top Go down

Post by The Villain of Scams on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:23 am

DTanza wrote:No offense to the moderating staff here, I understand you're all pretty new at this and I respect that you're willing to take time out of your day to try and keep a community that you enjoy alive.

But honestly after reading the misogynistic and homophobic rant that BB went on, I don't think that this new site has enough safeguards to keep up a sane community and decent level of discussion. There doesn't appear to be any serious repercussions to openly throwing slurs at people you have a vendetta against. The swag system has the same problem that the points system had back on the old T3E, namely that it just promotes anger by making people think they're under attack just because someone didn't like their post.

I've gotten used to having at least some level of basic civility expected, and it doesn't seem like that's going to happen here. Again, I've got no problems with the staff, I know it's not your fault, you kind of got saddled with this situation after the old site collapsed. But I'm not interested in sitting around hearing about how much one person or another is terrified of gays and girls and how much they despise the entire moderating staff and anyone who's even remotely friendly to them.

Still on Facebook, occasionally on E2E if anyone's interested in keeping up. (Hah, yeah Tanza, keep flattering yourself.)

See you around, and good luck. Try not to break your fingers while you're slamming on the down-vote button.

I understand that the rant was absolutely awful and uncalled for, and sorry BB but it really was. But do you really think entire rant was just about homophobia and sexism? He made a completely uncalled and unfounded for statement towards Sapphire, sure, but he also insulted everyone else. And the only -remotely- homophobic thing he said was 'tumblrfags'... look, I understand why you are upset, but don't throw around words and claims about how someone is 'terrified of gays and girls' because of two, very little comments. I also haven't seen anyone get their panties in a bunch over 'swag' system, yet, but I truly believe the only reason you guys are leaving is because of BB's rant. Which is a little silly. Worse things have happened in the past but if you guys really want to leave then go for it. You guys have a nice day too, though. Wish you the best. No sarcasm.
The Villain of Scams

Back to top Go down

Post by 腐川冬子/fukawa touko on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:17 pm

I removed the rep system because I don't want any more rep-related drama like that. I'm actually considering re-instating the curse filter just because I see that some of us can't handle using mature language like adults and only use it to hurt others.

If what happened in that thread happens again, expect bans. If you don't like somebody, don't be a prick. Add them to your ignore list and then don't talk to them. I don't care what happened on T3E.

My staff was selected by Bunji. They were chosen to run T3E for a reason. Even if you don't like them, they proved their competence in actions in the past. The fact that more than one of us is actually active just means that things will get done. Take Toby, for example. I'd had a rough time with him on T3E, but he's actually proven to be the most useful and trustworthy member on my staff so far.
腐川冬子/fukawa touko
Admin

http://zebunker.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DTanza on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:18 pm

I'm happy to hear that and plan on observing how everything works out.
DTanza

Back to top Go down

Post by Saffaur on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:49 am

okay okay wait what

what happened about me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Brave Hideki on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:04 am

timaeusTestified wrote:okay okay wait what

what happened about me?

Behemoth said something about you not being a reliable mod because your emotional.
Phoenix Brave Hideki

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorFrickinRetro on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:08 am

Although I wasn't here long I'm gonna stick till the end!
DoctorFrickinRetro

Location : center of the Earth next to Parangaricutirimicuaro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top