Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Post by Nuke Kioh on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Well, considering we just got a new intro trailer, introducing newcomers Lucina and Robin from Fire Emblem: Awakening and Captain Falcon returning, I figured I'd make a new topic about Smash Bros. over here.

I'm pretty happy with all this. Especially Robin, because it's a Fire Emblem character in Smash that doesn't only use his sword.

Also Captain Falcon is majestic.
Nuke Kioh

http://www.youtube.com/NukeKioh

Back to top Go down

Re: Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:53 pm

I myself am very glad to have been blown the fuck out and proven wrong for once by seeing Lucina & Robin instead of Shulk.

My hype just keeps getting bigger.
Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dusk on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:31 pm

More Fire Emblem characters? Well okay, but isn't there any more from games they haven't used? How about a character from Castlevania?
Mr. Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:37 pm

Mr. Dusk wrote:More Fire Emblem characters?  Well okay, but isn't there any more from games they haven't used?  How about a character from Castlevania?
As cool as Simon Belmont would be, we're still unsure if Snake will return or not (since both are owned by Konami). Also, did anyone else find it interesting that Rayman got in as a trophy of all things?
Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 pm

Never mind the explosion that transcended on MiiVerse the same hour.

Also, Captain Falcon is ALWAYS a good time.

http://diaplank.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorFrickinRetro on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:19 am

FALCON PAWNCH!
DoctorFrickinRetro

Location : center of the Earth next to Parangaricutirimicuaro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:27 pm

In more recent news, N' Castle was confirmed as a stage for the 3DS version.

Glad to see that fifth gen didn't get neglected this time around.
Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:54 pm

Bleach Behemoth wrote:In more recent news, N' Castle was confirmed as a stage for the 3DS version.

Glad to see that fifth gen didn't get neglected this time around.

With Reshiram, Zekrom, and ... Milotic?

...That makes. Even LESS sense than Cresselia at Spear Pillar.
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:42 pm

Well guys, after Monday supposedly showing us Meta Knight, he was actually confirmed to have returned today.

Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:58 pm

I HATE TO DOUBLE POST, BUT THE LEAK HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AS REAL!

I REPEAT, THE LEAK IS REAL!

R.I.P. LUCAS, WOLF, SNAKE, IVYSAUR, SQUIRTLE AND ICE CLIMBERS! YOU SIX WILL BE MISSED!
Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:15 pm

...Huh. Really?

So instead of Ice Climbers and Snake
if MGS4 is concerned:
who should be dead or retired as Old Snake anyway, unless they decided to bring him back as Naked Snake
, we get the Duck Hunt Dog, Pitoo, and Doc Mario.

And especially instead of Lucas, Wolf, and the other two mons, we get... Bowser Jr. DLC rumors aside.

Also worthy to note is that those "leaks" look nothing like the Smash 4 demos did, and the final product interface is still pending for the most part. I ain't buying into this until it releases in September, all things considered. A lot of interesting characters here and there and some decent return veterans, especially a veteran not seen in Brawl. But taking out the Ice Climbers seems like too weird a choice. I assume Lucas is pretty much like Roy in this regard.

EDIT: Upon further review, if this info was obtained by sites like Kotaku, then I'm afraid we can't say for certain if it's true or not. This information has been seen around places like 4chan and Reddit for at least a week. I still go by the fact that it might be fake, especially with consideration to the low-quality screenshots in addition to some menu icons clipping into others along with it not matching the Demo product's character select.
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:11 pm

Well, early today, there was some "leaked" footage of Smash Bros. that had
Oh man spoilers:
Shulk, Bowser Jr, and Ganondorf
in them. And I got to be honest, the footage looked legit. And if it's fake, then it's a darn impressive one.

Another thing is that Nintendo actually took down the footage off of Youtube. That could not necessarily mean anything, but who knows?

Anyways, if the leak is true, then I'm quite sadden that Ice Climbers are going away. They were the first character I mained in Melee. Pitoo, I could possibly see being there after his appearance at the very end of the Palutena reveal trailer. I'm quite confused as to why Dr. Mario would be hopping back in after his absence in Brawl for good reason. Duck Hunt Dog... I'm honestly not sure what to say. But after seeing what Sakurai's done with other characters like Pac-Man and R.O.B., I can't say anything until it's shown officially.

Mean while, while I can believe these leaks to be real, I'm also going to not be surprised if they are fake. Just so I'm not disappointed or anything.

If you guys want to see the footage, then try and google it, or something. The footage was up originally for a good several hours, so it's more then likely spread like wildfire. I'm sure you can find it.
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:18 pm

It's Reyn Shulk Time!
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:46 pm

AAAAAaaand the dude from a series I don't care about. Great, where's the Chorus Boys/Marshal?

Also worth noting, the New3DS and 3DSXL come equipped with a sort of C-Button that allows for automatic Smash moves akin to the previous games, I assume it will have a similar function for OG3DSes with a Circle Pad Pro attached.

...That said, I must wonder -- was there ever a Circle Pad Pro adapter for the 2DS?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:05 am

I'm quite excited for Shulk, only if because I've had the chance to play the game he's from and learn more about him. I do wish that Marshal/Chorus Boys would get shown soon (hopefully), but we only have about 15 days before Smash comes out over in Japan, so we'll see.

I'm looking forward to the new model they revealed. I'm curious as to how they might make other games that will have improvements if played on the new system.

Also, yeah. There wasn't an official Circle Pad Pro attachment for 2DS. Though there appears to be tutorials to get the Circle Pad Pro to work on 2DS, though it requires you to mess around with the Circle Pad Pro.
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:28 am

Nuke Kioh wrote:I'm looking forward to the new model they revealed. I'm curious as to how they might make other games that will have improvements if played on the new system.

There's a good chance Pokemon Z (If there is one.) will be a N3DS exclusive, akin to Pokemon Crystal for the Game Boy Color. I'd enjoy the N3DS more (and I'll be getting the regular instead of the XL, those sweet sweet changeable covers.) if I knew how that nub of a C-Button was supposed to work.
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:29 pm

I want Sakurai to resign and never ever be in charge of making another Smash game again.
Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:13 am

Bleach Behemoth wrote:I want Sakurai to resign and never ever be in charge of making another Smash game again.

That's all you can say?

Now that the cat's out of the bag, opinion time!:

• I fucking love the Smash 4 theme in its entirety. It just sounds so badass.
  • It's a pity the Ice Climbers are confirmed axed, but DHD sounds like a fun addition as well, along with a good trolling character, since... well, guess.
  • Ness has obtained the BIGGEST buffs in this game. PK Thunder has never hit harder, and he gains Lucas' moves. And he has more non-recycled voice lines!
  • Loving the hell out of Flying Man and Magicant,too.
  • "King Koopa is back! And he's brought the biggest threat of all -- his KOOPA KIDS!" The Koopalings are confirmed as alts. Totally using Larry or Ludwig.
  • Doc Mario has a reskinned final smash that reminds me more of a horizontal Virus Buster. ...Close enough.
  • still don't give a fuck about Shulk yet
  • Dark Pit? Dark Pit.
  • Classic Mode looks like fun, at least. Dark Paths remind me of Fantasy Zone II DX.
  • Okay, so how many folks are gonna put yourself as a Mii Fighter?

Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Oh man opinion times:

Spoiler:
-Smash 4's theme is VERY good. Every rendition I've heard so far just sounds fantastic.
-A bit sad that Ice Climbers won't be joining once again, but understandable. It would be a bit hard to have the 3DS handle having 8 characters all on screen if there were 4 Ice Climbers chosen.
-OH MY GOD MAGICANT IS SO GREAT
-Really loving that F-Zero stage. The remix of the song is sooooooo goooooood
-Bowser Jr. seems pretty cool. Really neat that the Koopalings are his alts. I'm also really glad that they had his Shadow Mario and Paint Brush are in the form of his Final Smash.
-Dr. Mario. He's there. Okay.
-DUCK HUNT DOG IS PROBABLY THE MOST ADORABLE AND AMAZING THING IN THIS GAME
-Classic Mode seems cool. Also Master Core is horrifying.
-It seems that I am literally the ONLY one that is okay with Dark Pit. Seriously. Whenever I see Dark Pit mentioned, it's usually very negative. :<
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:08 pm

Space Soup wrote:
Bleach Behemoth wrote:I want Sakurai to resign and never ever be in charge of making another Smash game again.

That's all you can say?

Yep.
Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:20 pm

Also, it seems that select Club Nintendo members who had Platinum Status have a chance at getting 4 demo codes for Super Smash Bros., while the public demo will be released next friday.

I'm staring at my e-mail box hoping, but knowing my luck, I'm gonna have to wait for next friday.
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Nuke Kioh wrote:Also, it seems that select Club Nintendo members who had Platinum Status have a chance at getting 4 demo codes for Super Smash Bros., while the public demo will be released next friday.

I'm staring at my e-mail box hoping, but knowing my luck, I'm gonna have to wait for next friday.

For those who are, make sure that the box for getting promotional material is checked. It'll be difficult with all this high traffic on Club Nintendo's site, though...
Space Soup

Back to top Go down

Post by The Villain of Scams on Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:34 pm

I completely agree. Never disliked a Nintendo developer more than this dude, that's for sure.

But eh, I guess if I have nothing nice to say then it's better to not say anything.
The Villain of Scams

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:15 pm

So the demo is now out to the public.

Go download it, tell your local friends that have 3DS' to download it, and go have fun. Just be sure to be careful with your 30 uses.
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Alright, so awhile ago I did download the demo of Super Smash Bros 3DS and it is truly a shame I have tainted my 3DS by downloading this junk. I thought that I should be fair and actually see for myself how that hack Sakurai's game plays before judging it. Well now that I've played it, I will say that it blows, hard.

First off the physics are floaty again like Brawl. It's really not in-between Melee & Brawl, in fact, I think it's even worse than Brawl's physics. The gravity should be much harder and heavier in order to make the game hyper-offense like any fighting game should be. Instead it seems too easy to camp and play defensive, and we all know how fun stall is (Hint: It's not fun).

Second, Super Smash Bros should have never been had a 3DS version to begin with. This alone will gimp the hell out of the Wii U version, caused Ice Climbers to not return, and overall the controls of SSB on a 3DS are absolute trash. Charge attacks were difficult to perform, I thought I was going to break my circle-pad by trying to get into the game, the button positioning isn't good for a fighting game, and don't even get me started in the L & R buttons. Again, the 3DS version should have never existed in the first place, and SSB4 probably would be a bit better provided this shitty port was aborted.

Besides those two points, I'll also throw my two cents about Mario, Link, Pikachu, Mega Man and Villager since they were the only five out of the thirty-seven characters playable from the initial roster in the demo.

Mario: Actually seems pretty good again, too bad that he still has Fludd. Out of all the characters in the demo Mario played the best, which was probably the only real good thing about this game. I still can't believe that Dr. Mario had to come back too, but that's another story. His final smash is still trash, but overall Mario got a buff, so that's nice.

Link: Hyrule's champion is forever shit. I have doubts Sakurai will ever make Link good in the SSB series again. Shame that the Zelda series also hasn't had a real new playable character introduced that's not a clone since Melee.

Pikachu: One of my favorite SSB characters and not bad at least. More floaty than before sadly, but besides that Pikachu was the second best character on this whole entire roster. His final smash is easier to control at least, but it's pitifully weak now.

Mega Man: Wow, definitely a character that takes time to get used to. Probably not bad, just tricky in that he plays so similar to classic Mega Man, right down to the physics. Not too floaty at least thank God, but still, Mega Man is not for beginners.

Villager: Like Mega Man, also a character that will require some skill to get good as. Not too terrible, somewhat floaty, and quite quirky to be fair. His standard B attack is the ultimate "Fuck You" to all projectiles though, which is lulzy.

All in all I give SSB 3DS a 5.5/10. I would only get this game used so that I'm not giving Sakurai my money, and even then I'd wait years down the road. Please only get this game used if you really like Nintendo games, so that they learn to stop being so damn fucking stupid in their gaming decisions.
Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top