Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Post by Phoenix Brave Hideki on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:23 pm

Heh thats what I thought also that the controls of SSB wont work on the 3DS but then again I dont think most fighting games wont work either.
Phoenix Brave Hideki

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:06 pm

Bleach Behemoth wrote:I would only get this game used so that I'm not giving Sakurai my money, and even then I'd wait years down the road.

I question your logic that all the profits made by Smash 4 go directly to Sakurai and not towards Nintendo and possibly Namco/Bandai in general, but I wouldn't be able to get the game right away in lieu of my financial state.

...You know it's bad when you're trying to win radio contests to improve it. So many good games, and I've delegated them all to Christmas, if ever. The only surefire game may or may not be ORAS. It depends on the state of my finance by the time it's released.
Space Soup

http://diaplank.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:18 am

Well, the 3DS game has been out for a few days, and I've been enjoying it VERY much.

Oh, and the Wii U version has been officially announced for a NA release date of November 21, as well as the first wave of amiibos. It's also been confirmed that the Gamecube adapter will work with games that are compatible with Classic Controllers (Pro) and Wii U Pro Controllers. It will also work on the Wii Menu on Wii U and Wii console. Okay, never mind. The adapter will only work with Wii U and Smash Bros. for Wii U. Sorry for any confusion.

Considering Pokemon ORAS is coming out the same day, I can already tell that my wallet is going to be in massive pain.
Nuke Kioh

http://www.youtube.com/NukeKioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Leachy Pufball on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:28 am

Bleach Behemoth wrote:I want Sakurai to resign and never ever be in charge of making another Smash game again.
Yep, and George Lucas should never ever be in charge of making another Star Wars movie. Any constructive complaints?
Leachy Pufball

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:58 pm

Space Soup wrote:I question your logic that all the profits made by Smash 4 go directly to Sakurai and not towards Nintendo and possibly Namco/Bandai in general, but I wouldn't be able to get the game right away in lieu of my financial state.
Of course I know that Sakurai doesn't get all of the profits off of Smash 4 (and praise God he doesn't). Still, I don't like the product, so I don't want the company to get my money for it then.

Leachy Pufball wrote:Yep, and George Lucas should never ever be in charge of making another Star Wars movie. Any constructive complaints?
I think I've already gave out all of my constructive complaints, including that Sakurai should resign since it will be constructive towards later SSB games getting better once he resigns.

Really you guys, no need to act like Nintendrones. SSB4 is shit, accept it and support good game development by not purchasing a badly developed game.
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:19 pm

You can say that the game is shit, and that's your opinion. I respect that.
I personally like the game a lot and think it works well and is probably the best Smash Bros. game in terms of balancing.

Also, just because I like a game that you have a major dislike for doesn't make me a "Nintendrone." I'd also like to add on that I hate people who use those kind of term like "xbots," "playslaves," and like you just said- "nintendrones." Because it's a really stupid way of saying "Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft fans are stupid. Fuck them."

That is all I will say on the matter. Bye.
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:22 pm

It seems we are getting a Nintendo Direct focused on the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. on October 23rd. The twist is that it will be "focused on 50 new things".

Quite interesting. Anyways, it will start at 3pm Pacific/6pm Eastern.
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:21 am

Oh wow, they threw a lot of stuff at us in those 35 minutes. I'm gonna try my best to put down all that went down.

Here's the video if you want to not read and listen to the announcer's glorious voice.

Spoiler:
-Announcer guy is best guy.
-The starting Roster is a bit bigger then the 3DS version. There are still some unlockable characters. Character movesets are still the same from 3DS.
-That resolution from the 3DS to Wii U.
-For the first time in Smash History, you can play with 5 playe- no, 6 pla- wait, even better! 8-Player Smash officially confirmed for the Wii U version! It's a special mode, some bigger stages will only be available, and it's local only. Just imagine the chaos... Oh god. Also, there will be a bigger Battlefield stage for 8-Player Smash.
-The Great Cave Offensive stage revealed, which will have "Danger Zones", which will do damage to you if you touch them and will KO you if you're at 100% or more!
-Dual-Plane stages revealed by showing Jungle Hijinxs. You can go between foreground and background while battling.
There are a ton more of stages in the Wii U version, some returning from Brawl, such as 75M, Luigi's Mansion, and Mario Circuit.
-Miiverse stage revealed! It won't be ready by the time the game is released, though. It looks to have a layout similar to Battlefield, but Miiverse drawing are scrolling in the background. Seems pretty cool, but it's up to the drawers of Miiverse to make the stage more interesting.
-Remember how Snake would talk on the Codec in Brawl? Well, we're getting something similar in the form of Pit talking to Palutena on the Palutena Temple stage! THANK YOU SAKURAI EEEEEEEEE
-Star Fox will have their conversations on their stages, too.
-Metal Face from Xenoblade Chronicles will be appearing on Gaur Plain in the Wii U version as a Boss. He appears at night and will attack players and destroy some of the stage. You can KO him.
-In the Pyrosphere stage, Ridley is a boss. Thank freaking god- err, I mean, if you attack him enough, he will join your side and attack opponents. He can become Meta Ridley. He can also be KO and will count towards a point. There will also be other hazards on the stage that you can use to your advantage.
-Coin Battles returns!
-Stamina Battles return, as well!
-Special Smash Mode also returns! With a few new options to boot.
-Item Frequency comes back. Off, Low, Medium, Or High.
-My Music allows you to change how much songs play on certain stages.
-Remember how the 3DS version had quite a lot of music? APPARENTLY THE LIST THAT'S ON THE WII U VERSION IS NOT EVEN INCOMPREHENSIBLE.
-Almost all the music in the 3DS version is included.
-Composer list. Sweet.
-CDs from Brawl return. ugggggggggggg okay.
-Challenges are all on the screen, and they're harder.
-Classic Mode has been changed quite a bit from the 3DS version. It is more skill-based, and will have some random events that can possibly happen. You can also take on Classic Mode with a friend!
-There will be Clear Movies for each character.
-All-Star Mode in the 3DS version had you take on fighters in chronological order. This time, it's the opposite. The rest area has been redesigned, and you can see trophies of the fighters you've defeated in the background. Of course, you can play with two players, as well.
-Event Mode Returns! Clearing stages will unlock different paths to different stages! There are also 2-Player specific Events, like in Brawl.
-Smash Tour is the special exclusive mode to the Wii U version of the game, and is inspired by a board game. You move Miis around the board and collect Fighters as you advance. If two Mii's run into each other, all players are forced to face off. Fighters are used in the order you acquire them, and if you defeat someone, you can possibly steal a fighter from their line-up. you'll also be collecting power-ups like from Smash Run on the board to boost your fighters. You can use items on the board and take advantage of random events that happen of the board. In the Final Battle, it will be a Stock Match where you use all the characters you've collected!
-Target Blast is in the Wii U version. The second Bomb you launch, however, is bigger and heavier, in this version. There will also be 3 different types of stages.
-Multiplayer mode is available in the stadium. Four Player Target Blast and Home-Run Contest where you take turns, Multi-Man Smash can be played with four players at the same time, and Home-Run can be played Cooperatively with 2 players.
-Special Orders has been revealed! It's a set of challenges from Master Hand and Crazy Hand that have you take on certain challenges laid out on the "Order Ticket" you get. Different tickets will have different challenges and rewards! Crazy Orders has you take on fighters in a set time limit that become harder as you survive. You can take on Crazy Hand at anytime. Win to keep your rewards. Lose and get nothing!
-Master Core is the true Final Boss in Classic Mode and is scary please give me a hug. It's crazier, though, because there is a new form to Master Core: Master Fortress! The announcer hopes that you can make it out alive.
-So many controller options! You can, of course, customize your controls.
-GameCube Controller Hype!
-You can transfer customized fighters from the 3DS game to the Wii U game, and they will include all their customized specials and equipment. Even your Mii Fighters that are transferred will have their costume and hat!
-More trophies then the 3DS version. That's ridiculous. The trophies will be focused mainly on home console games.
-Final Smash Trophies will be collectible by completing All-Star Mode with a certain character.
-Trophy Box is self-explained pretty much. Collect a trophy, it gets put in a glass box on display. Collect them all to complete a set. It's a completionist's nightmare or dream.
-Photo Studio returns from Brawl, but is WAY better.
-Trophy Rush can played with 2 players. It can be cooperative, or competitive.
-Masterpieces make a return from Brawl. Enjoy those 3 minutes of Super Mario Bros!
-amiibo functionality is explained. I'll post this link here because it's a lot to take in and my fingers are getting tired: http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry8.html
-Your Internet Connection environment is very important, so try to grab one of those Wii LAN Adapters that are impossible to find if your Wi-Fi sucks.
-Automatic Notifications are displayed on the Main Menu and can be viewed.
-You can play with local friend online in Team Battles.
-Tourneys for Online! It will be a while before they can implement the feature. Think Mario Kart 8 tournaments, and you have a basic understanding.
-Tournament Mode returns, and can have up to 64 players. After the tournament has ended, you can view replays of all the battles!
-The GamePad can display what's on the screen and show the status of each character, such as damage.
-You can take pictures and paint over them with the GamePad! Imagine all the creativity! Following a future update, you will be able to share these pictures with friends.
-Voice Chat will be available Online with friends when your in the lobby and on the results screen. However, they disabled Voice Chat during battles so the connection will be as strong as possible.
-Stage Builder has returned, AND HOLY FREAKING CRAP IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING. You can literally design and draw stages!
-It's being worked on at the moment, but Custom Stages can be shared with friend and people across Nintendo Network! The number of stages is literally limitless!
-Modes shared between both version are shown.
-Bowser Jr. Clowns the Competition!

-The Wii U version will feature all the "Joins the Battle" movies for the new fighters.
-If you register the 3DS and Wii U versions on Club Nintendo, you'll get a two-disc set soundtrack. Each disc feature 36 songs. The Red Disc will have music from the 3DS game, and the Blue Disc will have music from the Wii U game.
-MEWTWO IS ON THE WAY!! This download will be available for free if you get both versions of Super Smash Bros. You can buy him if you don't buy and register the two games. Mewtwo will be downloadable on both the 3DS and Wii U version. Mewtwo is scheduled for spring of 2015.
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:31 am

Well it looks like the Wii U version of Smash 4 completely shits all over the 3DS version in terms of superiority. Seriously, I still can't believe they even made a 3DS version instead of focusing all the work into a Wii U version. Still, this actually looks fairly fun, if I ever get a Wii U I may just have to pick up this version of SSB. Mewtwo being a DLC character is alright I guess, not a huge fan of DLC, but still it's nice to see him return.

ALSO RIDLEYFAGS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT SO HARD!!!
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:32 am

A Dog and his Duck.

And probably one of my favorite trailers overall because of how silly it is.
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:21 pm

Alright, we're only about a week away from the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros.

I'm excited to put 7 Level 1 CPUs against a Level 9 CPU and see how it ends.
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:15 pm

So... It's been a while, hasn't it?

In a recent Q&A event, Masahiro Sakurai has mentioned the upcoming Mewtwo DLC for both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game, stating that work on Mewtwo is "pretty much done" and "We plan to release Mewtwo pretty soon"

I'm looking forward to Mewtwo being released. I'm really curious as to how it will play, if it'll be like Melee, or if it'll be completely different.

Oh, yeah. Don't forget that you have until the end of March to register both versions of Smash Bros. to your Club Nintendo account to get the Mewtwo DLC for free. Be sure you do it if you haven't had the chance yet!
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:13 pm

Attention all Lucas fans, a celebration I say to his upcoming DLC!

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:34 pm

Smash 4 will only gain my interest again once Wolf and Snake return.
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Soup on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:01 pm

Bleach Behemoth wrote:Smash 4 will only gain my interest again once Wolf and Snake return.
Can't say much in terms of Snake, but

Voting, bitch.
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
Space Soup

http://diaplank.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:51 pm

I almost want to vote for Ed because of Mis Edventures, but if that can't count then I'm going with Rayman or Bomberman.

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:51 pm

Yeah I saw that yesterday DP and voted for Snake, although looking back Wolf, King K. Krool and Lanky Kong would have also been good choices.
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Finally decided to go with Rayman, after all it's possible especially since he's already got his own trophy, plus I just want an excuse to get a toy of him through amiibo.

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:14 pm

So I've been looking at some ballot results so far and it looks like Shovel Knight and King K. Rool are leading the polls for most picked.

http://www.gamespresso.com/2015/04/07/whos-leading-the-super-smash-bros-ballot/
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Parasect and Seedot? Those have to be the most random ideas for Pokemon fighters. I'm honestly surprised Magikarp isn't up there.

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:06 pm

Interesting how people are able to get a general idea of who's voted/request to be added into Smash. I definitely wouldn't mind Shovel Knight, Wolf, or Issac being added. Though Shovel Knight is unlikely, if I think in the realm of reality. Oh well, one can dream, I suppose.

By the way, Smash 3DS/Wii U update comes out tomorrow, along with the first wave of Mii Fighter costumes, sharing functionality for the Wii U version, and of course, Mewtwo for those who registered both versions on Club Nintendo. I'm looking forward to see the crazy kind of custom stages people have made, and will probably run into Mewtwo non-stop tomorrow when I play online.
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:12 pm

And with that, version 1.0.6 of Smash Bros. is out. (They jumped the Wii U's game from 1.0.2 to 1.0.6 to get it up with the 3DS game.)

Also, this sprung up after the updates. While he seems to have decent reputation on reddit, please make sure to take this with a grain of salt.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32nymz/smash_update_106_decrypted_first_observations/
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:41 pm

Capcom gets a second rep with Ryu from Street Fighter? Interesting.
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:03 pm

Notice: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Version 1.0.7 is available now. This update fixes issues involving Mewtwo that resulted in Online Bans for abnormal save data. This update will allow you to play online again if you have run into this issue. It is now safe to play as Mewtwo in any modes involving the GSP ranking system.
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Kioh on Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:26 pm

Today is June 1st, which means Lucas will eventually come out this month! His release date will likely be confirmed during Nintendo's Digital Event at E3 later this month.

Also, the Inkling Wig and Inkling Outfit for the Mii Gunner will be released this Summer. You would have gotten them free via a code if you Pre-Ordered Splatoon from Gamestop!

The Inkling Squid Hat that's available for all Mii types will also be released this Summer, likely along side the Inkling costume for Mii Gunner.

It was also revealed that there's going to be a new Mii Gunner costume based off of everyone's favorite guitar playing dog: K.K. Slider from the Animal Crossing Series! This costume is planned for a free release in Japan by downloading a Mii Gunner with the costume by bring your 3DS to 7/11 stores. For the time being, the release is currently TBD in North America.
Nuke Kioh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top