The Journal of Eddward M. Jones

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Journal of Eddward M. Jones

Post by Mr. Dusk on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Welcome one and all, to what Bleach Behemoth (Who is co-creator of this game) and I hope to be the spiritual successor to The Diary of Eddy Skipper McGee, the most successful forum game from T3E.  This time, things will take a different direction and will be more focused around Double-D as opposed to Eddy.  There's also a few additions:

1. BPS never happened.
2. Aside from Jimmy and Sarah, the cast are freshmen in high school.
3. There's a couple of things that have happened that are important to the plot that I will put down in the first post.

Aside from that, the rules for this game are more or less the same, with a few tweaks.

Rules:

1. No skipping page numbers. We start at page one then go to page two, then to page three and etc.

2. Every time a new page is created, a day goes by. That is it, anyone making time skips in this forum game will not have their entry in the diary count.

3. We're putting dates in the diary (such as Friday, March 20, 2009 for example). This is to keep the game organized. If you forget to put the date in once, then it's just a warning. If the problem continues, then I will simply discard those posts which forgot to insert dates.

4. No restarting this game in any shape, way or form.

5. All entries must contain at least two full paragraphs. This is so all posts look like something worth the time to read.

6. There will be no killing of any characters, main cast or OC.  If they aren't interesting or relevant to the plot, then it should be said that they moved or went to a different school.  And still, only the one who created the OC can really get rid of them, though others may ONLY with the creator's permission.

7. Let's not make this too depressing or angst or have everything go great. Try to keep the game interesting.

8. This is a journal, not a crossover. There are to be no characters or settings from other shows or games or anime or whatever.  Original characters are alright, but other characters from other series are not, got it? Basing own characters off is different characters is alright, but try to keep it subtle. And mentioning other series in their original forms (ex. having the Eds play a Pokemon game) is okay, but don't be all like "HALO IS THE BEST GAME EVAH" or something like that.

9. Don't break the fourth wall, period. This is meant to take place in the Eds' reality, as shaky as that reality can be.

10. Show restraint.  This means don't write anything too violent or too sexual, this was the downside to The Diary of Eddy Skipper McGee, in my opinon.  Also don't make anything too zany, maybe a little but not too much.

11. As the creator and co-creator of this forum game, BB and I have the right to reject and/or ignore your posts in the forum game if we don't find them suitable.

12. If there's a problem in this forum game, we'll be the one who's dealing with it (though Mods/Admins can end up dealing with certain things if they end up being out of my control). There's no need for anyone else to get involved in a problem and if they do notice one, then the best thing to do is tell us in a private message.

13. No other character may ever find out about or read the journal, that's one of the points of the game.

With all that out of the way, let's begin!

Thursday, August 30th, 2012

Dear Journal,

Today, my therapist suggested that I start keeping my own personal journal for private use.  This is more to organize my thoughts on matters happening around me than for sharing with other people.  I feel I should introduce myself proper, my name is Eddward Marion Jones and next September I'm going to be a freshman at Peach Creek High School along with my two best friends Ed and Eddy.  I've been currently going to therapy for the past several months due to a particular incident happening at the school the previous semester, which resulted in a nervous breakdown.  I personally don't want to go into it further.

A lot of things have happened since then, mother and father's work has become a lot more taxing as they have left the States for Belgium, I hardly ever see them anymore but that's fine.  They send me a check and a letter at least twice a month to see how I'm doing and to pay for groceries and the bills.  I still keep the house well maintained.

What I worry about more is Ed's current situation.  Earlier this year, his father left town with no intention on returning and his own mother kicked him out of the house when Ed turned sixteen.  The bright side is that Eddy's parents took custody of him, probably a favor from the two fathers being close friends, but all of it seems a bit too much for Ed.  He's still trying to keep a bright demeanor though.

Speaking of Eddy, ever since Jimmy has become a better scam artist than him and his older brother's passing last year, he has given up on scamming.  He told me once that he "Had bigger fish to fry" and I have yet to interpret what he meant by that.  I've noticed that he and Jonny would often converse at times but when I asked him about that he told me that it was nothing to worry about.

The three of us still spend time together, just the other day we were at Eddy's home where we played video games.  I'm not really into them as much as the other two, but it's just fun to be with them.

Other than those two, the other kids in the cul-de-sac have changed more or less.  Kevin doesn't seem to be around much anymore after his fallout with Nazz and Rolf, he's often out of the neighborhood with older kids at parties. Rolf is still busy doing farm work for his family, he's trying to patch things up with Kevin with little success.  Nazz has probably changed the most, she stopped following Kevin's crowd altogether and decided to focus more on grades, athletics, and other programs on her own, from what I gather, we may end up in advanced placement together.  

I don't have any idea what Jonny has been up to.  He mostly keeps to himself, but has interacted a bit with Eddy who tells me that Jonny got a job somewhere.  What kind of job was never really explained.

Sarah and Jimmy have gotten worse.  Jimmy has become more devious a scammer than Eddy ever was, helped with the fact that Sarah tends to use violence to extort money from kids their age and younger.  The rest of us just try to avoid them if we can help it.

One good thing is that the Kanker sisters don't bother us much anymore.  It appears that they've grown bored of messing with us cul-de-sac kids and especially Ed, Eddy, and myself.  It's weird to think but I wonder at times what they're up to.

Other than that, not much to report for now.  Tomorrow I'm going over to Eddy's again.  For now, I need to prepare dinner.

Until tomorrow,

Eddward M. Jones.

Last edited by Mr. Dusk on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Dusk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journal of Eddward M. Jones

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:50 am

My time to shine in journal writing skills arises once more!

Friday, August 31st, 2012

Dear Journal,

Today I woke up at seven in the morning as usual, since I've never been the type of person to "sleep-in" like many others my age. I did my usual morning routine of getting ready for the day, and done in approximately eight minutes and twenty three seconds. My time needs to improve before school starts on September 4th, leaving me with three days to prepare myself and get better at readying myself for the day. From what I've gathered, classes begin at 8:20 AM and end at 3:05 PM later on in the day, compared to how back in Jr. High school ran from 7:45 AM to 2:35 PM. There are also only four classes per day in high school, with PCH running on a block schedule, compared to the six classes per day back in Jr. High. This means that while I will have less homework overall, the four classes I, along with every other student will run for approximately one hour and thirty minutes long each. On the plus side it means that I can earn my credits faster, with a block schedule allowing what would normally be a class lasting the whole school year to only lasting a semester instead.

I already have my schedule for the first quarter of my first year at Peach Creek High. My first hour class is called "Accelerated Algebra 2", and then my second hour class is "Pre-AP English". Later on my third hour class is "Pre-AP Social Studies" and my last class of the day is my most dreaded: "Lifetime Fitness", a physical education course that every freshman must take. Thankfully that class only lasts for one quarter and afterwards I'll only need to take one more physical education class to have all my credits required for graduation in that subject. All of my classes will have freshman such as myself taking these courses, and all but Lifetime Fitness will contain only the most academic in my graduating class. Perhaps I can expect to be surrounded by people whom I may be able to consider close to being as intellectual equals for once. I must admit that back in Jr. High, many of the peers I ended up sharing courses with tended to be below my level of academic achievement, so it will definitely be interesting at least to see how well this will turn out in a few days.

Anyway, I cleaned up around the house for a few hours until I heard a knock on my door. It turned out to be Ed, who asked if I was still up for spending some time with him and Eddy. I must have forgotten the time being caught up in all my chores. So after spending half an hour finishing everything up, I went with Ed over to Eddy's house, where we met Eddy in his room. Eddy handed me and Ed Xbox 360 controllers so that we could play his favorite game, "Halo Reach" with him once more. As I mentioned earlier I would not label myself as a gamer, although I will say it is rather enjoyable spending time virtually shooting each other for hours. Later Eddy received a text message from Jonny and turned off the console, saying he had to leave now. I was about to ask Eddy why he had to depart from us to see Jonny, but he quickly exited his house before he even had the chance to bring up the question.

Once Peach Creek started to receive cellphone reception like the rest of the country, the general social atmosphere experienced a noticeable shift. For starters, the children of the cul-de-sac did not venture outside as much as they used to, sadly including Ed, Eddy and I. Second, it was obvious that the constant cellphone usage had caused what poor communication skills the kids had to deteriorate even to abysmal levels. It seemed like hardly any of us would speak to each other face-to-face as we once did, and on multiple occasions I have observed the others sending text messages to one another while being within at least ten feet of each other. I was thankful that at least Ed, Eddy and I all agreed to keep text messaging to a minimum, even though I am starting to notice Ed and Eddy texting more than I expected.

Anyway, once Eddy left Ed asked if there was anything else I wanted to do. While Ed tries his best to appear joyful on the surface, Eddy and I can tell that it's a facade for the resentment and depression within him. Not wanting Ed to sulk around in his room (well, the room once belonging to Eddy's deceased brother that Ed now resided in), I suggested that we go out shopping. I must confess that I also had the selfish notion of needing to purchase groceries for myself, but I figured it would do no harm for Ed to join me in my shopping adventures. Ed accepted my invitation and so off we drove to the local grocery store downtown. Oh yes, since Ed is a year older than Eddy and I, he already has his driver's license and despite Ed seemingly struggling intellectually at times, he is a remarkably excellent driver. I should also note down that Ed will be the one usually driving Eddy and I to school along with himself for our upcoming journey into high school.

Once we arrived at the grocery store, I proceeded to do my shopping while Ed goofed around as usual. It was amusing seeing Ed keeping himself occupied with the simplest and most mundane of produce. However, what caught both of our attention was the Kanker sisters, Lee, Marie and May being there. Ed was scared stiff and in a difficult, physical struggle, I had to push him with my shopping cart so he wouldn't become a living statue. While I moved my larger friend, I saw how the Kankers were talking with some older looking men who seemed to come from the countryside around Peach Creek. I could overhear some talk relating to partying, drugs and sex. What I mostly thought of though was how in spite of me and Ed literally being right in front of them, the Kankers paid us no mind whatsoever. My twelve year old self would be shocked, but thrilled at this event, but in my current fifteen years of age, I am well aware that the Kanker sisters have simply just lost interest in Ed, Eddy and I. I will confess that while the Kanker sisters have grown more physically attractive, I don't know if I'll ever be able to look past the horrible sexual deeds they did to us as children.

Eventually I was able to reach the check-out line with Ed and pay for my groceries. When we drove back to the cul-de-sac I had Ed assist me in putting my groceries away. However,  I could notice Jonny talking to Eddy in the middle of the cul-de-sac talking to each other. I couldn't quite understand what they were talking about due to distance, but they shook hands before they parted for their own homes. Then after Ed and I were finished stocking my groceries in the correct areas, Ed asked if I wanted to play some more Reach with him and Eddy. I looked at the time and noticed that it was about six in the evening at this point and that I should be making myself dinner. I had to decline Ed's request but informing him it was dinner time and that it was getting late. He smiled and walked back over to Eddy's house, and I felt bad because I knew on the inside I had probably hurt Ed emotionally. However, I would be there tomorrow to interact with Ed and make sure he's functioning normally (well, normal for him at least).

Until tomorrow,

Eddward M. Jones
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dusk on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:39 am

Saturday, September 1st, 2012

Dear Journal,

I managed to beat my time for my morning routine at seven minutes and fifty-two seconds.  Not too bad, but I need to get faster for optimal preperation.

Ed had came over early again today, saying that Eddy went with Jonny somewhere and told him to either stay home or come see me.  I have to wonder what Eddy and Jonny are up to these days, but he keeps avoiding the issue.  I suppose it really is none of my business, but I'm curious.

Sometime near noon, Rolf came over to ask if I could help him with something, Ed and I followed him back to his house and he showed us the computer his parents had bought.  I suppose it's better late than never that his family got into the modern age, the unit was still in it's box and had arrived just the other day.  It took a bit of time of setting up the desktop and the internet router, after which I showed Rolf how it connects to the internet while Ed kept suggesting games and sites to go to, some innapropriate.

After that was settled, Rolf treated us with late lunch.  We got to talking about what we've been doing over the summer, Rolf saying that his father was allowing him to work more on the bigger fields around Peach Creek and that he's been trying to reconnect with Kevin with little success, he hasn't seen much of Nazz either.  Other than that, he's just been busy around the house.

Rolf asked Ed how he was doing, Rolf had been out of the loop a bit, but he knew enough that Ed wasn't living at his house anymore.  Ed said he was fine at Eddy's and nothing else so Rolf didn't push the issue.  I told Rolf that my counsling was going good, and he told me that living on my own will be good for my growth.

We headed out, on the way we spotted Kevin on Nazz's lawn, shouting at her window.  I'm not sure if she was home or not, but if she was she was probably ignoring him.  Kevin spotted us and yelled obscenities for whatever reason, then he got on his motorcycle and drove off.  We went to Eddy's house where he wasn't home yet, and Ed checked his phone to find a text saying that Eddy wouldn't be back until late and asked if we could cover for him saying we all spent the night at my house.  I suppose it's what friends are for.

Ed is sleeping on the couch in my living room as I'm writing this.  If I had to guess, Eddy will show up sooner or later so I'm going to stay up a bit later tonight.

Write more tomorrow,

Eddward M. Jones
Mr. Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:00 am

September 2nd, 2012

Dear Journal,

Last night at around four in the morning I heard noises from downstairs, so I armed myself with Jim, my cactus, and slowly ventured down the stairs. When I peaked into the kitchen I saw Ed sleepwalking, an old habit of his he still hasn't outgrown or received medication for. He was gorging on the food inside my refrigerator, along with Eddy who had just made his presence in my home. When I shouted at them, Ed snapped out of his trance and Eddy had a very guilty expression on his face. I asked Eddy where he had been all night and said that he was just over at Jonny's house.

I noticed that Eddy's eyes looked red, and he said that was because he needed some sleep, and asked if he could actually rest at my place. I told him to make himself comfortable on the recliner chair in the living room as Ed continued devouring what food I had left in my fridge. I slammed the refrigerator door, furious at Ed for eating all the food I spent money paying for, which of course left him upset. Eddy quickly noticed just how aggravating we were starting to get on each other so he split Ed and I up as we went back to sleep.

Later on I had awoken at around nine-thirty in the morning, much to my disappointed, which I suppose was to be accounted for thanks to Ed and Eddy waking me up earlier. After I got ready for the day I noticed that my two friends were still asleep in the living room. Respecting the fact that they needed more rest than I did, I left a note in the kitchen saying that I was going to stroll around town as I left my house. I assumed that Ed and Eddy would wake up far later in the day, perhaps even while I was out of the house for a bit.

As I ventured around the downtown area of Peach Creek, I couldn't help but observe my surroundings. During my walk I noticed the candy store, which was still in business, even despite hearing that it would close for the past couple of years. Pondering about the subject, I realized that Ed, Eddy and I hardly visited that establishment anymore. I suppose as we got older, our penchant for jawbreakers and other sweets had started to fade away more. Sure Ed still enjoyed sugary candy, but Eddy would only chew gum or have a jawbreaker on rare occasions, and I preferred to spend my food money on more healthy products.

Continuing my walk through Peach Creek, I bumped into Nazz and her mother over by a Lutheran church. They asked if I wanted to join them in today's sermon, and couldn't help but say yes out of fear that I could possibly offend them. I consider myself to be agnostic, leaning more towards atheism as each day goes by, while Ed and Eddy would probably identify themselves as non-religious. Anyway, I was there at the church for an hour, hearing from the pastor that so long as you take delight in the Lord, he would give you the desires of your life. I will admit that I've never really prayed or talk to "God" before, but Nazz, her mother and the rest of the church-goers enjoyed the sermon, so that was good for them I suppose. At least the pastor wasn't going off about homosexuality or another controversial topic like that.

After that secession, Nazz's mom asked if I wanted a ride back over to the cul-de-sac and I accepted their offer. During the car-ride home I asked Nazz if she knew what her schedule was like for our first quarter this freshman year. To my surprise I found that we shared all our classes together except for Pre-AP English, and instead Nazz was taking Biology, a subject normally reserved for sophomores at the high school. I have to confess that I often forget that Nazz's "ditzy" demeanor was an act she put on back when Nazz had feelings for Kevin, thinking that he wouldn't like to be around someone smarter than him. Now that those two have cut ties for a couple of years now, Nazz was no longer afraid of showing her true colors, boldly letting others know that she was a lot smarter than given credit for.

Once I was dropped off back at my house, I thanked Nazz and her mom for the ride as I proceeded to enter my own house. When I arrived I was mortified to find water running down from my staircase coming from the bathroom. Panicking, I rushed upstairs to find Ed scampering around my bathroom as my toilet continued to overflow. I then ran back downstairs to turn off the valve so that my toilet would stop getting water everywhere and then went back to my bathroom to ask what had happen. He said that when he woke up later when I left, he noticed that there was vomit in my bathroom and tried to clean it for me before I came back home, only to create even more of a disaster. The presence of vomit intrigued me since I do not recall vomiting last night, and Ed was denying that he did it as well. This only left Eddy as the possible suspect, but Ed told me that Eddy was still asleep on my chair, which only raised more questions.

After Ed and I spent a little over an hour cleaning my house of toilet water, we both noticed that Eddy was still on my chair fast asleep. His cellphone then vibrated on my television which he set it on, showing that he had a new message from Jonny. Ed was curious to see what it was about, but I took Eddy's phone out of his hands and set it back down on my TV, telling Ed that it would be breaching Eddy's personal privacy to see what he and Jonny were talking about. Ed then stated he was just wondering why Eddy had been hanging out with Jonny so much lately, and I'll have to admit I thought the same thing. Just as I was about to engage in a conversation with Ed about the subject however, Eddy had started to yawn and wake up, asking us what was going on. Ed told him that he and I had to "Prevent another great deluge from wiping out humanity" as Eddy laughed at him.

When Eddy got up from my chair I had asked him if he puked during his stay at my house. Eddy denied such allegations, saying that he couldn't even remember if he had done so or not anyway. Ed asked him if he wanted to do anything today, but Eddy proclaimed to Ed that he "felt like shit" and wanted to continue resting, just at his house. I was about to ask Eddy if he was feeling ill, but he took his phone and walked out of my house before I could even say a word. Checking the time, I noticed that it was already one-thirty in the afternoon, and both Ed and I haven't ate lunch yet. Ed said he was going to buy me some food if I let him take me out to eat somewhere, in order to make up for him scrounging on what food I had last night.

As I accepted Ed's offer, I quickly regretted it when I discovered it was our local McDonalds Ed took us to. When I got there I only wanted to order a light meal, but my stomach, demanding food had caused me to get much more than I bargained for. After we ate our meal there, I was now starting to get sick, since I'm not used to the unhealthy products that McDonalds uses in their food. When we arrived back in the cul-de-sac I told Ed that I just wanted to rest some more today as well, leaving him saddened that both of his friends were sick. I told Ed to rest assure and that both Eddy and I would feel much better tomorrow, which I'm sure we would. Ed asked me if I wished to accompany him to the county fair tomorrow and said that Eddy would come along as well. I figured Ed mainly wanted to see the chickens while I wasn't quite sure what Eddy wanted to do there exactly. Yet I accepted Ed's invitation, seeing as how I know he'd want to make his last day of summer a "good one" to him. Then I walked back inside, crawled into my bed and later today at around seven at night wrote this entry.

For when tomorrow comes,

Eddward M. Jones

Last edited by Bleach Behemoth on Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Muji on Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:39 pm

September 3rd, 2012

Dear Journal

The first thing I remember today was Ed dragging me out from my bed shouting that it was time to leave for the fair. I woke up quite startled, still groggy from getting up earlier than anticipated and wondering how Ed managed to break into my house this time. Ed then proceeded to take me to the bathroom as he brushed my teeth for me, and left my gums bleeding a bit afterwards. He then dragged me back to my room as Ed hastily dressed me, putting my shirt on my legs and shorts over my head. Ed then threw me down to my kitchen and force fed me pancakes, which apparently he had been in the process of cooking before waking me up. Despite my lack of free will when this was all going on, I had to congratulate Ed for not setting my home ablaze while trying to cook something again (it's a story I'll go over another day).

However, as Ed tried to cram a fifth pancake down my throat, I had to shout at him to unhand me. He stopped and dropped me, quivering as if Ed was about to brake down and cry. I immediately apologized for my outburst, but Ed walked out of my house and to his car sullenly. Following behind Ed, I kept trying to tell Ed that I was sorry for screaming at him, but he didn't even want to listen. He climbed into the front seat and was on the verge of tears at this point as I entered the backseat. When I was buckling myself in and rearranging my clothes to their correct places, I still profoundly apologized to Ed so that he would understand that I didn't intend to upset him.

Ed didn't respond for awhile and soon enough I just stopped saying I was sorry. Most of the ride was awkward and silent, as I tried to change the subject by making the conversation with Ed about the fair. I kept going on about the many wonderful attractions the fair Ed, but Ed didn't say a word back. That was until I started talking about chicken's of course, which caused Ed to perk up again much to my relief. Now Ed kept going on about chickens and what he was going to do with them once we reached the fair. I was just happy that Ed was in a good mood again as I heard a yawn coming from the passenger seat. Eddy, who had been asleep this entire time was just starting to wake up and asked us if we were there yet.

Of course just as Eddy got up  and asked this was when we finally made it to the fair ground. After Ed parked the car we got out, Ed quickly took notice of a man pushing a cart full of chickens. Eddy and I had to restrain Ed, since the last thing we wanted was to get kicked out of the fairgrounds before even paying to get in yet, along with any legal consequences as well. Then after ten minutes of calming Ed down, we managed to get to the ticket stand, where Ed paid for all of our tickets. Remembering how Ed had enough money to purchase at least thirty dollars worth of McDonald's food yesterday as well, I was about to ask Ed how he was able to afford all this for Eddy and I. Although as I was about to ask Ed this, him and Eddy suddenly disappeared from my sight.

Suddenly I was alone and lost, unsure of what was going on in all this confusion. However, I knew that Ed and Eddy wouldn't leave me behind and I'd catch up with them sooner or later. I proceeded to wonder around the fairgrounds and explore what there was to do. From games, animals and food to art, magic shows and a demolition derby, I had to give credit to the annual county fair for having a wide variety of events to say the least. As I was walking I saw that there was a race in the process of starting and decided to go over and watch it. Truthfully I always envied runners, since thanks to my asthma as a child it was never a hobby I could get myself immersed in. Even at fifteen years old I was still a poor runner admittedly, and yet I could not help but watching others perform a task that I was horrid at doing.

The contestants competing for this event were in the process of warming up, and I noticed a familiar face, although I never met him as an acquaintance. It was a peer from Lemon Brook, the rival school of my middle school Alma mater. He was the fastest distance runner on a middle school level, at least in the quad-county Fruit Water region I resided in. As I mentioned before, I have a secret fascination with runners, so I kept track of all the statistics for runners in the area. This particular runner had won in events known as the 800m, which was two laps around a standard track (that typically encompassed a football field), and the 1600m, which was four laps around the track, which was roughly about one mile in length. Needless to say, this runner was a very impressive character in his field.

Mouz Malik, a Pakistani teen around my age, was the name of this runner, and as excellent as a runner he was, Mouz was not without his faults. He was talked as being rather arrogant and was, what other runners called, a "dirty" racer. He was not above shoving the competition down to maintain his position, which race officials did nothing about, maybe because of the blatant bribing that Lemon Brook had been convicting of doing several times in the past. It was also obvious that Mouz loved to show off, wanting to lead races to show that he was dominant. Of course at a regional level Mouz could get away with this type of behavior, but I heard that because of him wanting to lead races, he failed horribly at the state level, getting last place.

Around this time was when Eddy approached me, laughing to himself. Shocked, I asked Eddy where he had been and where Ed's current whereabouts were, since Ed was no where to be seen. He pointed me to the track course, with Ed in basketball shorts running to the starting line, next to a very short looking Mouz who was wearing short shorts. All around the competitors were men, some out of shape and others looking decently muscular. Then I asked Eddy why he and Ed came to this event, to which Eddy told me he took bets on Mouz, and he was having Ed rig the race in his favor. Mortified, I started to chew Eddy out for his blatant cheating and unethical behavior, informing him about the serious consequences that fixing an event in his favor could lead to.

As I was telling Eddy the repercussions he could face if anyone found about his little scheme, I heard a gunshot and jumped. An official fired an airgun into the air, signifying that the race had started and at this point I stopped talking to Eddy to watch the event. Ed was sprinting the first lap, with Mouz right behind him as the two were at a rather fast pace The rest of the competitors, most of whom were grown men, ran at around thirty meters behind them, trying to pace themselves at a more even level. Ed and Mouz came through the 400m mark at the same, with a time of approximately sixty-five seconds for the first lap, which if kept up at that pace would have both of them winning this 1600m event in four minutes and twenty seconds.

I pointed this out to Eddy, who was laughing in joy until I informed him that there would be no way the two could keep up with that pace. My hypothesis was soon proven correct for as Ed was starting to slow down along with Mouz. Eddy looked on in fear as he shouted at Ed for not pacing himself that well, and at Mouz for almost letting Ed catch up with him. Mouz looked in our direction, seemingly confused and slightly irritated until he heard a female voice from the crowd shouting at him to not get distracted. Anyway, during the second lap of the race, Mouz and Ed slowed down significantly, now surrounded by the rest of the competition. Approximately two minutes and thirty-five seconds was the time Mouz and Ed came in through the 800m mark, again still tied. I could tell this had angered Mouz, since his usual 800m split for a mile race was usually around two minutes and twenty-seven seconds.

Eddy shouted at Ed to do something, and so Ed plastered Mouz onto his chest, catching up to the front of the race and right next to the current leader, who had managed to gap him self from the rest of the competition. Many of the racers and the audience were flabbergasted, and I can't say I blame them considering how the official in charge of this race did nothing about this. Then about one-hundred meters before the third lap was over, Mouz finally got off of Ed and began his finishing sprint, which is referred to by runners as a kick. He got in front of the man leading the race, and attempted to gap him. Of course, the other man would try to stick to him, and in an attempt to pass him up, Mouz shoved the man man and continued to speed up. Eddy was screaming his lungs out at this point, shouting many obscenities that I would not wish to copy down onto this journal.

Mouz and the other man then entered the last four-hundred meters, now with the man joining in the shoving. Thanks to his smaller size (with Mouz being no more than 5'6" ft at least), Mouz ended up getting pushed more, but at twenty-five meters before the finish line, Mouz made contact with the man's ribs. It was a hard shove, seeing as how Mouz's opponent had now collapsed to the track ground, with the official declaring it to be legal. Mouz continued a full-out sprint till the final three meters, walking those as he then just dropped on the ground over the finish line, no doubt due to the massive bout of exertion he pulled through this 1600m. His time finished at five minutes and one second, a far cry compared to the four minutes and forty-nine seconds he managed to pull during the regional 1600m event earlier this year.

Ecstatic, Eddy was yelling in joy, with his voice having direct contact with my eardrums. I was about to tell him to stop, when I saw Ed in the final fifty meters, I shouted at Eddy to look. Pointing at Ed, it looked like he could beat the man that fell down to get second place. Eddy and I jumped to the end of the bleachers,and started shouting at Ed to run like no tomorrow. Ed stopped right behind the man, who was getting up now and wondered why we were shouting. When we shouted at Ed to keep running, Ed realized that the other man was about to beat him, so he passed the man and managed to get second place at a timing of five minutes and fourteen seconds.

I don't believe I've seen Ed this happy in a long time, and Ed shook the hands of everyone with enthusiasm. Eddy and I were happy for Ed, since we were both thrilled to see Ed in a good mood. Eddy was also happy that even won more money then expected by betting. He claimed that knowing how Ed could have messed up his chances at earning betting money, Eddy bet some cash on Ed as well to ensure that he would make some sort of profit if Mouz was to loose. Claiming to have just "scored a thousand bucks" in gambling, Eddy ran off to collect his share as I witnessed the racers receive their medals and own personal prize money. Mouz won a gold medal and one hundred dollars, whereas Ed earned a silver medal and fifty dollars and then the third place guy got a bronze medal and twenty-five dollars.

Mouz and Ed walked away from the podium and started talking, with Mouz shaking Ed's hand. I was surprised to see that Mouz was such a good sport, especially from hearing the stories of him being rude to his fellow racers, along with his unethical tactics. The two approached me as Ed introduced me to Mouz personally as we both shook hands, although I didn't really know what to say. A Pakistani girl then approached us, who turned out to be Mouz's twin sister Sophia, who Ed and I were also introduced to as well. She informed Mouz that his coach would like to see him and Ed, as she pointed at the African-American man who was waving at them from a distance. With Sophia and I following Ed & Mouz, I heard from Mouz's coach who was called Coach Darrell, that Mouz should keep his good work and that he wanted Ed to join cross country. He even said that although the season was already a couple weeks in, he would make an exception with Ed. Coach Darrell then took the prize money from Mouz, saying that he shouldn't expect prize money at this stage in his racing career, and that should be doing running just for the love of his.

Coach Darrell later said that he would see Mouz later at practice around three-thirty and tomorrow in Accelerated Algebra 2 along with Sophia since he was also a math teacher at the high school. Well, I certainly wasn't expecting to meet other peers I would be sharing classes with so soon. Mouz then told us that Coach Darrell had only recently came over to Peach Creek High since there was an opening for the coaching and teaching jobs. Apparently the former cross country coach at the high school was fired for some sexual harassment issues and that the former math teacher had retired. Sophia then reminded Mouz that practice would start in a few hours for him, so they had to leave around then. Saying bye, I informed Mouz & Sophia that I would see both of them tomorrow in Accelerated Algebra 2, which they smiled at as they waved, walking away.

Eddy then returned with the money he won from the betting pool, grinning as he then pulled out an energy drink for Ed, saying that he earned it. After Ed chugged down his drink, he then informed us that we still had a few hours before the fair closed later, so the three of us participated in some more activities. Ed used all his prize money to purchase the prize winning pie from a pie judging contest, which he claimed, to quote, "Only matched by the divine cuisine of the gods." Later we checked out a few more attractions, such as art exhibits, a bouncy house, a magic show and even a fencing match. Eventually Ed found his way to the chicken coop, where he surprisingly managed to act calm as he pet every chicken before leaving.

Later the fairgrounds closed at around six, and so Ed drove us all back home to the cul-de-sac. I asked Ed if he was going to consider joining cross country or not, and Ed said he would think about it tonight. Eddy kept laughing the whole way home, saying that he would make good use of his money later. When we arrived back at the cul-de-sac, I noticed that it was already nine in the evening and that I should prepare myself for school tomorrow. I told Ed that I would meet him at his house tomorrow at seven for when he would drive us to school. Eddy moaned at me, telling me not to remind him of school starting again tomorrow, which I can't say I didn't expect him to say. We then went to our retrospective homes and I wrote down this entry. For now I am going to make some last minute preparations before my first day of high school tomorrow. Oh, I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight, the thought of it is just so exhilarating!

Coming back tomorrow,

Eddward M. Jones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:02 am

September 4th, 2012

Dear Journal,

My alarm went off at seven precisely as I got myself ready for my first day of high school in a little under five minutes. After making myself some breakfast, consisting of some grapefruit, fried eggs and orange juice, I realized that it was fifteen after seven, and that Ed would be here any minute now. I grabbed my backpack which had everything I needed, from notebooks to pens and etc. I still remember how three years ago the children of the cul-de-sac, desperately needing school supplies at the last minute, raided my house like a band of marauding barbarians and robbed me of every school related object I had. To prevent such a catastrophe from ever happening again, I designed a vault in my basement to lock up anything of value that I really wouldn't want others touching, like this journal for example. No one but I know the exact whereabouts of this vault, and I intend to keep it that way.

Soon enough I heard a honking sound from outside as I ran out to see Ed and Eddy waiting for me. Entering Ed's car, we drove off to the high school as I was incredibly eager to begin my freshman year. Eddy said that the only good thing about this was how it would be more of a "fresh start" in his eyes. I could see where Eddy was coming from, since as we got older and bigger, so did the world around us. Cul-de-sac politics at this point were a thing in the past and most of the issues were so petty and small looking back. Now we would be entering a high school that held roughly around thirteen hundred kids, and that our freshman class contained about four hundred kids in size. This was compared to Peach Creek Jr. High, the kindergarten through eighth grade school I've previously attended my whole life that only had around six hundred kids in the entire building.

Of course, I remembered how the main reasons our neighbors viewed us with so much contempt was because of our scamming, along with being more destructive than I'll like to admit. However, as we've aged Eddy has given up scamming, with Jimmy & Sarah taking over that "business" and area around the cul-de-sac. As for our more "chaotic" behavior, I like to think that's toned down with age as well. Eddy has mellowed out more ever since his brother's passing, Ed's depression caused him to be a lot less energetic, and I for one have always tried to abide to the rules, as arrogant as that sounds in comparison to my two friends. Sure, the cul-de-sac children will always have the memories of us being an antagonistic force, but I like to imagine that entering high school and meeting new faces will give us the opportunity broaden our horizons and begin a new chapter in our lives. The only thing holding us back I think is our poorer than average social skills, but even those have gotten a bit better with age too.

In about fifteen minutes of leaving the cul-de-sac we made it to Peach Creek High School, which was on the outskirts of town to provide fair distance to Lemon Brook and Cherry Pond residents. The school itself was quite modern, having been built only twelve years ago, and beforehand Peach Creek Jr. High used to be a K-12 school back when the town was smaller. Anyway, as Ed, Eddy and I exited the car after Ed had parked it, we began to take our first steps entering the high school as students. The moment of walking down that pavement and inside the front doors felt so extravagant and Ed seemed to be blissful as well, with Eddy being the only one of us to have a nonchalant attitude. Once we were inside, I looked around and looked at the many peers, halls, classrooms and more, oh how breath taking it was!

Ed then asked me where Coach Darrell was, figuring that I would know since I had him as my Accelerated Algebra 2 teacher. I looked at a nearby digital clock on the wall and saw that it was fifteen minutes till eight, meaning that there was still half an hour to wander around before classes started. As I was about to get Ed to come with me, Jonny stuck up on the three of us and asked how we got here so early. Once Ed told him that he drove us here, Jonny said that him and Plank wanted in on the carpooling next time instead of having to take the bus, which all three of us agreed to Jonny joining us. Then Ed and I left to go to my first class of the day to speak with Coach Darrell while Jonny and Eddy said they were going to do some exploring of their own as well. It's nice to know that out of all the cul-de-sac children Ed, Eddy and I grew up with, that Jonny was always the one who was the friendliest towards us, even after those incidents where we destroyed his house and "killed" Plank's "parents".

Soon enough Ed and I found Coach Darrell's classroom over in the math department, finding him prepping himself for his first class of the year. Coach Darrell was happy to see us, and asked what we were doing in his classroom so early. Ed then said he thought about joining the cross country team last night and ultimately decided that he would, after realizing how much he liked running after yesterday's race. Coach Darrell was thrilled by Ed's decision and I too was glad that Ed decided to take up running as an outlet, seeing that it could help with his depression. Pulling out some paperwork, Coach Darrell had Ed sign some papers and then the two shook hands as he told Ed to be over by the front of the school at three-thirty where they would begin their daily run. Of course I realized that this meant that Ed could not give Eddy, Jonny and I rides back home right after school, and I that could easily upset Eddy. However, the bell soon rang, and Ed quickly rushed over to his class while I decided to take a seat and wait a few more minutes for class to begin.

In five minutes the rest of the classroom arrived, along with Mouz and Sophia who I met yesterday as the two decided to sit next to me, same for Nazz when she entered. When class started Coach Darrell gave us the morning announcements and his introduction, which was mainly about his Kenyan heritage, interests and what to expect from Accelerated Algebra 2 as he handed everyone a syllabus for the semester. Reading through the syllabus I found out when every assignment was due and the dates where we would take our tests. Coach Darrell then told us that those who have him as a coach may call him by "Coach Darrell", but he would prefer that the rest of us call him Mr. Kiplimo, which I could understand.

After that Mr. Kiplimo (which is what I will refer to him as a teacher, but I will still call him Coach Darrell during sporting events) went over today's lesson as I took notes with great care and attention. He then gave us the last half hour to begin our assignment, since Mr. Kiplimo wanted to give us students time to work on our assignments in class a bit since he knew how busy some of us were with other activities. I easily finished my assignment in ten minutes, which caused Mouz and Sophia to look at me with amazement, causing me to turn a little red while Nazz told them that this wasn't unusual for a "smart guy" like me. Upon seeing me finish so quickly, Mr. Kiplimo told me that I, along with everyone else was free to work ahead on the material if we desired to, so I ended up getting two more assignments done by the end of the period. Mr. Kiplimo then told us good bye and good luck with our other classes, but told Mouz to stay after for a couple of minutes to discuss some cross country business.

As I walked towards Pre-AP English, Nazz said she would see me later in Pre-AP Social Studies since she had Biology instead, a class I wouldn't have until next semester. Sophia followed me to my next class and said that while she was very impressed with how I could just "plow through math problems", she warned me not to make it so open. She said that even though I am in advanced classes like her, it's best to "tone it down" at times since it could easily lead to me getting harassed by our peers who would supposedly "take advantage" of me. I could see the validity of Sophia's argument, but I told her that since all but one of my classes were with students near our intellect, that it seemed unlikely that any of them would feel the need to "use me" as she put it. Then Sophia told me that being smart does not equate to being kind and meek, telling me to stay cautious of the more devious students we shared classes with. She then stated some names of peers her and Mouz went to school with back at Lemon Brook to avoid, informing me that they were not above cheating the system and coming up with devious schemes to get what they wanted. Well, I can admit that his certainly wasn't what I was hoping to hear, but nevertheless it was good to see that Sophia was looking out for me.

We then arrived at our Pre-AP English class, with Mouz entering just after we did. The teacher, an elderly British woman with short gray hair, glasses and a thin figure, approached the front of the classroom. She introduced herself as Mrs. Rosenberg, telling us about herself, her hobbies and what to expect from this class. Mrs. Rosenberg told us that with this being a Pre-AP English Class, we would be doing a lot of reading and essay writing, which I certainly didn't mind. After all, writing these journal entries down usually doesn't take me any more than half an hour to forty-five minutes on average. Anyway, Mrs. Rosenberg handed out copies of "Brave New World" and told us that she expected two to three pages of analyses covering each chapter, with one analysis due per day. A lot of the students groaned, but Mrs. Rosenberg told them that this would help prepare them for the future. She then went on about writing techniques for the rest of the period, which I took notes down on until the bell rang and she let us all go.

Once we left, Mouz and Sophia complained about how tough of a teacher that Mrs. Rosenberg was, but I disagreed. I said that while she seemed a bit heavy on the homework, Mrs. Rosenberg seemed like a nice and fair teacher overall. The two just shrugged as Nazz came to join back up with us. When I asked her how her Biology class went, Nazz went to describe the experience as "weird". She said that it was strange being in a class with a vast majority of her fellow students being sophomores and that the teacher, Mr. Pollock, came across as a "total creep" in her eyes. I didn't decide to press the topic any farther than that as the four of us approached our next class, Pre-AP Social Studies.

Upon entering the classroom, a bald and short Caucasian man in his late thirties was setting up a projector that was attached to the ceiling. After the four of us sat nearby each other and the rest of the students arrive, the teacher then went up to the front of the class and introduced himself as Mr. Ward. He then proceeded to go on about himself for ten minutes before he finally handed our a syllabus containing information about the class. Mr. Ward then decided to go about current events, which we all had to write down before he later went to lecture us about governmental structure. As Mr. Ward was talking about the United States and its territories, Mouz asked why Puerto Rico wasn't a state yet. Just as Mr. Ward went on about why the island was still only a territory, a Puerto Rican girl who seemed rather tiny in height, Ellie Elms, stood up and went on about the controversial politics surrounding the issue. Needless to say, the rest of the period was nothing but these two going on about whether or not Puerto Rico should be a state or not, and the argument only ended once the bell rang. Ellie certainly seems like an interesting girl to say the least.

After leaving that class, Mouz and Sophia commented that they enjoyed not getting homework and loved Mr. Ward's attitude. Personally I found him to be very unprofessional, for as both him and Ellie's "debate" contained so much insults in it that I am shocked that neither party is facing any consequences for their behavior. Anyway, the four of us soon reached the cafeteria, which was quite large, being the size of a gymnasium. It should be noted that there were three lunch periods at Peach Creek High, with sophomores having the first one after second period, juniors and seniors sharing one in-between their third hour class and us freshman had to experience the last lunch period after third hour. Like in Jr. High there was a diverse amount of food to pick from and usually in good quality as well, but being the last lunch period of the day, there was not much of it left. I was lucky enough to scrounge enough food to make a decent salad and sandwich for myself at least.

Once I had got my meal, I found Ed, Eddy and Jonny sitting at a table eating their retrospective lunches. As I sat down I asked them how their day was going so far, and while Ed seemed to be enjoying himself, Eddy and Jonny were more indifferent than anything. I asked Ed if Eddy told him about his recent sign-on to the cross country team, which Ed nodded as Eddy started to get upset. Eddy stated that while he was happy for Ed to find a nice hobby to keep himself busy with, that this meant getting a ride home would be a "real bitch" as he put it. I informed Eddy that I would stay later after school to find extracurricular activities since there would be booths with many different clubs recruiting new members. As expected, Eddy didn't care much for extracurricular groups to join like I did as he stated that he and Jonny would now have to find someone who could give them a ride home. I told them that there was always the bus, but both Eddy and Jonny cringed at the mere mention of the bus, stating that it was for "losers". Then Ed said that they could just run home like he could, but I quickly interjected, stating that the cul-de-sac was at least an hour away when walking and that it was rather unwise to travel about on the highway on foot. Eddy only groaned even more as Jonny said that him and Plank would take care of that problem before the day was over.

When lunch was over Jonny said he had to head to his First Aid & CPR class, an elective I would take next quarter in place of my gym class. Now Ed, Eddy and I traveled to the athletic area of the school to change clothes for Lifetime Fitness, the class which I dreaded the most, with the worst being saved for last. With Ed being on the cross country team now, he was allowed to us the athletic boy's locker room while Eddy and I had to change in the regular boy's locker room. After changing the three of us met back with Ed in the gym, where we also found out that Kevin, Rolf, Mouz and Sophia also shared this class with us and I just realized that I had those two twins in all of my classes this quarter.

Then our gym teacher, a large Hispanic man in his late forties presumably, walked into the gym and had us all sit down. His name was Mr. Arena, who like all of my previous teachers went to introduce himself, his interests and what to expect from this class. Thankfully, Mr. Arena stated that the only way to fail his class was to not show up or not participate at all, meaning that so long as I tried my hardest, I was sure to pass gym with an A. He then said that for the next two weeks we would be playing badminton against each other and to grab a partner to play with. Ed wanted both Eddy and I to be his partners, but I had to remind Ed that a partnership typically composed of two people, not three. Eddy then said he would go find someone else to partner up with, thankfully defusing any potential dilemma as Ed and I became partners.

Oh I was nearly exhausted by the end of the period. I tried my best to move around and play badminton against the other students, but oh am I so out of shape! It was a good thing Ed was able to play fairly well on his own, and I guess just having me to support him made Ed happy enough. Mr. Arena had us play four games throughout the period, with Ed and I loosing all of our games, just as I predicted. Still, Ed seemed to enjoy himself despite us never winning a single match, and I had to give Ed some credit for being such a good sport. After our games were over, Mr. Arena had us head to the locker room to shower and change, which was a great relief for me.

Leaving the locker room, cleansed and back in my original clothing, I met up with Ed, Eddy and this other kid who I've never met before as we waited for the bell to ring. Eddy introduced me to this kid who's name was Omar, and he was Eddy's partner throughout the entire period. Omar from Lemon Brook and he was about Ed's height, bald, had olive skin thanks to being of Arabic descent and he had a lot of muscle tone on his body. I don't know how but within the one and thirty minutes our Lifetime Fitness class lasted, Eddy was able to befriend this Omar fellow within the period as the two were already getting along and laughing. Omar also shook hands with Ed and I, saying that a friend of Eddy's was a friend of his as well. Eddy then received a text from Jonny, who told him that he was able to find someone who could give them a ride home after school. As I was about to ask how and who, the bell had rung, with Ed heading to cross country, Omar to football practice and Eddy to the parking lot.

Even though the school day itself was over, I decided to head back over to the cafeteria where there was booths for the many clubs and activities that Peach Creek High had that weren't athletic-based. Oh, how there was just so much to pick and choose from! Mock Trial, Debate Team, GSA, Math League, Knowledge Bowl, Drama & Theater, Environmental Club and so much more! I picked up plenty of brochures and small gifts from these organizations, and I was told by each one that registration ends on Friday, so I had to make up my mind by then. To prevent myself from getting overloaded however I decided to limit myself to selecting only one group to join, which seemed fairly reasonably considering how much homework I'll have.

After checking out all of the groups I was interested in joining, I went over to the library to do some homework until six, which was when Ed's cross country practice ended. I ended up finishing the entire first chapter of my Accelerated Algebra 2 class, and my English assignment to boot. Later I met up Ed by his car after his practice as we drove back home to the cul-de-sac. I asked Ed how his first cross country practice went and he said it was pretty good, although he was a little tired now, not that I could blame him for all the running he did. When we arrived back home I told Ed I would see him again in the morning as he waved and headed back over to Eddy's house. Now I've just cooked dinner for myself and finished writing down this entry. By tomorrow I should decide on what club I'm going to join, since that's what I'm going to be focusing on thinking about tonight.

Till Tomorrow Comes,

Eddward M. Jones

Last edited by Bleach Behemoth on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Muji on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:09 am

September 5th, 2012

Dear Journal,

My alarm had awoken me up at seven again, and this time I was able to get ready for school in only four minutes and fifty-five seconds, almost breaking my record of getting ready in four minutes and fifty-one seconds. Anyway, after eating breakfast, which consisted of some ham mixed in with scrambled eggs, grapefruit and orange juice, I grabbed my backpack and headed outside. Soon enough Ed came driving by to pick me up, and this time I sat in the passenger's seat upfront with Ed. Jonny was now sitting in the back of Ed's car along with Eddy, since Jonny had said he would start carpooling with Ed, Eddy and I instead of taking the bus.

Eddy and Jonny kept texting on their cellphones for the entire duration of our ride to school. Lord knows what those two were discussing over their phones, or if they were even talking to each other for that matter. Seeing those two with their eyes plastered to the screens of their phones was a rather depressing sight for me to witness, for as it only strengthened my belief that people are relying too much on technology today. Oh sure, technology is neither inherently good nor evil, but to depend so heavily on it can only lead to disaster in the future. Even though I am a man of science and am all for the progression of humanity, I would hope that humanity and technology would not become one and the same down the road.

Not wanting to gaze at Eddy and Jonny texting anymore, I turned around and asked Ed how his practice went yesterday. He told me that him and the rest of the team had ran six miles in total and that Mouz took the practice very seriously. Ed then stated how Mouz thinks that as freshman they’re going to be able to compete with juniors and seniors in the Fruit Water quad-county area for their regional runs this year. Then Ed said that it looks like he’s the "number two guy" for the team, which Coach Darrell was expecting after he scouted him out during the country fair on Sunday. Apparently the team's first race will be an invitational where a lot of other schools will attend as well, which is going to happen over at Watermelon Bay next Wednesday. As a result Ed said he wouldn't be there as my partner for Lifetime Fitness that day since he would leave with the team for their meet beforehand, and that he wouldn't come home until sometime close to midnight. Ed said that him and Mouz would run in the freshman section and would finally "prove themselves" to the rest of the area how big of "running machines" they are. I can only wonder how much of what Ed was telling me was his own word or information he parroted from Mouz.

Now the four of us arrived at the school and went our separate ways. When I arrived in math class, I saw that Sophia was already there, finishing up on some homework apparently. I asked Sophia where Mouz was, and she informed me that her brother was doing his daily morning run around the track outside before school started. When I then asked why she didn’t run, Sophia told me that her parents forbid it, saying that women "aren't meant for sports", which I personally found to be rather sexist and old-fashioned, but I didn't say anything to that remark. Instead Sophia was a manager for the football team, and she was in charge of helping keep uniforms cleaned and ready for the players before a game, making sure water was stocked, keeping stats, and whatever else was needed. She asked me if I was planning on joining any extracurricular groups, and I told her that I was thinking of either joining the Debate Team, Mock Trial, or the Knowledge Bowl. She told me to be careful in any of those organizations, telling me some of the Lemon Brook students she told me to stay away from were in all of these clubs. Hopefully I'll find some people to network with in these groups instead of just making enemies.

Later Nazz and Mouz came in just as the bell rang, with Mouz's hair wet from a shower I assume and Nazz just seemed to be running late for some odd reason. Mr. Kiplimo warned Mouz, telling him he shouldn’t almost be late for class and that he is a student before an athlete. Then Mr Kiplimo went over our homework as we turned it in, or in my case the entire workload of chapter one, which nobody noticed. While Mr. Kiplimo was lecturing about a section of chapter one I had already completed and understood, I was about to start chapter two until I felt a sharp pain to my shin, causing me to yelp. The entire class stared at me and Mr. Kiplimo asked if anything was wrong, and I told him that I felt a sudden jolt of pain. He asked if I was cramping and needed to see the nurse, but I told him I would be fine. Mr. Kiplimo then told me if I was hurting again that he would write be a pass to see the school nurse as he then went back to his lecture.

Then I saw a note on my desk and read it, with the author being Sophia. She stated in her note that she kicked my shin to "save my ass" apparently from possibly getting harassed by the other kids for working ahead. With Mr. Kiplimo being intensely focused with his own lecture, I sent Sophia a message back, telling her that it was unnecessary to inflict pain and that I didn't think there was anything to worry about. Sophia sent another note back to me, telling me to just look like I was paying attention, but not do any work at all in class today or else she would kick me in the shin again. Complying to her threat this time, I decided to just relax for the rest of the period, even though it was pure torture for me since I wasn't able to work at my usual pace.

Soon Accelerated Algebra 2 was over, and Nazz headed over to Biology while Mouz, Sophia and I arrived at Mrs. Rosenberg's Pre-AP English class. We turned in our analyses on the first chapter of Brave New World, with Mouz having typed his unlike the rest of us. For awhile the class period was silent since Mrs. Rosenberg lectured to us about grammar terminology for the first half of class before letting us read during the last forty-five minutes. Then as Mrs. Rosenberg was reading through our analyses on her desk, she came upon Mouz’s typed document and screamed, standing up and calling for Mouz. Mouz, oblivious, asked what happened, and she said that his homeworked was typed, and apparently in her class it was forbidden to type out any assignment since in her argument, it possibly made plagiarism far too easy to commit.

Mouz came up with a valid counter argument, stating that in our time period it should be expected to have more professional work typed out instead of hand-written, and that his own hand-writing was poor in quality and often said to be illegible. Sophia told her brother to “suck it up and let her yell at you”, which Mouz disregarded as he and Mrs. Rosenberg began to argue. Their conflict had the full attention of our class, since it was difficult to ignore thanks to both parties constantly yelling at each other. Finally the shouting came to a climax once Mouz roared at her, quote on quote, “I’m going to dox you and your entire family!”

To "dox" someone meant to leak all their personal information on the internet, which sometimes included valuable data such as credit card information and social security card numbers. Sophia facepalmed and sunk into her seat in embarrassment, with some of the class snickering and some being shocked like myself. Soon Mrs. Rosenberg accused Mouz of making a terroristic threat as she called for school security to apprehend Mouz. A school resource officer, who's name on her badge read "Officer Garland" then walked into the classroom and placed Mouz in handcuffs as she escorted him down to the principal's office.

Sophia covered her face for the rest of the period, ashamed at what her twin brother had done. When class got out, Sophia started ranting to me about how Mouz would bring shame to her family and would ruin so much of the respect that he worked for. Nazz then ran up to us and asked what was with the terroristic threat that Mouz made earlier in our class. Oh does news spread faster than ever thanks to the advent of texting and cellphones I suppose. I told her not to worry about it, seeing as Sophia was horrified at just how quick the news spreading as her face turned bright red. Nazz told Sophia to relax and that she was sure this whole incident would fly over once some other kid did something stupid.

When we entered Pre-AP History, Mr. Ward went to showed us a video about 9/11 for class and looked at Sophia, which I found to be absolutely disgusting of him. She looked visibly upset for the period, and it didn't help that Mr. Ward also went on about how racial profiling was a "valuable tool" in catching criminals all while still staring at Sophia. Then Mouz walked in, causing all of us to gaze at him as he handed Mr. Ward a note and then sat down in a seat. After Mr. Ward read Mouz's note, he stopped the video and said that he had some grading to do and let us talk for the rest of the period. Of course all of us asked Mouz what happened, and he told us what went down at the principal's office.

Apparently after we left Pre-AP English, Mrs. Rosenberg went down to the office as well to discuss the incident. Things looked pretty bad for Mouz at first, with Principal Miller warning him of how he could spend at least twenty years in prison for terroristic threats by proclaiming that he would "dox" Mrs. Rosenberg. However, Mouz managed to turn the situation into his favor, lying by stating that to "dox" was slang for "shut up" in Urdu, a language spoke in Pakistan that him and Sophia can speak in. This way he said that he really just yelled at Mrs. Rosenberg to "shut up" and that she was being racist by accusing him of being a terrorist. Principal Miller believed it and let Mouz go off with a warning, telling him to "keep his cool" in the future. She also told Mrs. Rosenberg that if it weren't for her tenure she would've been fired for her statement towards Mouz, but alas Principal Miller couldn't do anything but warn her. Mouz did say that another plus was that they could finally turn in typed assignments now, with Principal Miller also telling Mrs. Rosenberg to "get with the times" and accept that typed up work was acceptable now.

A bunch of students now thought that what Mouz did was pretty "cool" apparently, and some of the girls were suddenly attracted to him for being a "bad boy who stood up to the man". The news spread over text messages quickly, and thus Mouz went from being possibly vilified to revered in literally the course of an hour. Sophia still groaned and told Mouz that he would still be in quite a bit of trouble with Coach Darrell and his family for the incident. Mouz shrugged and said he could easily do whatever extra running Coach Darrell had in store for him, and that their mom and dad would believe his story about what had happened.

After the bell rang signifying that third period was over, the rest of the school day went by rather uneventful. At lunch Ed, Eddy and Jonny kept talking to me about Mouz's incident since I was a first-hand witness, and now Ed had even more respect for Mouz. Lifetime Fitness was the same as yesterday, with Ed and I loosing all our badminton games, although Mr. Arena still gave us A's for the day for our effort. After we changed, I met up with Ed, Eddy, Omar, Mouz and Sophia who were all talking with each other. Apparently Omar was also friend to both Mouz and Sophia, having known them since third grade back in Lemon Brook.

Then when school itself was finally over, I decided to head towards the extracurricular club that I wanted to join: Knowledge Bowl. After thinking about it throughout the day in the back of my head, I decided that the Debate Team would've been perhaps too strenuous as a freshman, and that Mock Trial would involve more knowledge of the legal system on my part, despite being a stickler for the rules. In the end I headed up to a classroom in the science department where Knowledge Bowl had its practices and met the coach of the team, Mrs. Callaghan, a science teacher herself. She discussed that we met up for practices on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, which worked quite well for me. Then she went on about other information relating to the organization, and had us mostly fill out paperwork before dismissing us. I didn't really get to know anyone else who attended that meeting, but hopefully I'd acquaint with them soon enough on Friday.

So then I did some homework in the library until Ed's cross country practice was over, and I met up with him over in the parking lot so he could drive the both of us home. Along the ride home, Ed mentioned how Coach Darrell was working Mouz "worse than a dog" for almost getting in serious trouble, and hoped that he would survive to see the light of day tomorrow. I hoped so too, especially considering how Sophia strongly implied that their family is awfully strict and controlling. Ed also told me that Eddy and Jonny's friend would give me a ride back home tomorrow after school so I could see my therapist in time. Oh, how I had almost forgot if it weren't for Ed reminding me!

When we arrived back in the cul-de-sac, I told Ed I would see him again in the morning and headed inside. Tomorrow was when I would have my regularly scheduled meeting with my therapist downtown in Peach Creek at four in the afternoon for another hour long secession. It would be my first time seeing her since I started writing this journal on her recommendation for my mental health. Personally I have to agree with her that this journal has been helping keep my mental state in check, which recording all that happens around me so that I can look back on my days easier to see where any possible problems could be in my life. Anywho, it's getting late now and I have some more studying do to before school again tomorrow.

For when tomorrow arrives,

Eddward M. Jones
Muji

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dusk on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Thursday, September 6th, 2012

Dear Journal,

I awoke a tad earlier than my alarm clock this morning, and got ready for the day in five minutes exactly.  More time than the previous day, but I suppose waking up early evens that out.  I ate my breakfast as usual and headed out to Ed's car in the passenger seat upfront again.  On the way to school, Eddy reminded me that I was joining him and Jonny after school as a man from their job was going to give us a ride downtown.

I was a bit surprised to hear that, but to be honest I wasn't all too sure who Jonny had found to give me a ride.  I asked if I should pay some compensation for this favor, but Jonny told me not to worry about it since the three of them were going to head for the downtown area anyway for their job.  I took this opportunity to ask what kind of work the two were doing and Jonny went quiet for a moment but Eddy blurted out that they were participating in a sort of private courier service.  It's supposedly a delivery service that applies to the local area, meant for a swift delivery with no questions asked.  I suppose there's nothing wrong with that, but it's a rather interesting choice of work considering that neither of the two seem to have a means of transportation of their own.

We arrived at the school and separated to our classes, and I found Mouz asleep at his desk.  Sophia informed me that their parents got on him about his actions at school yesterday and he got into an argument with them that lasted a bit into the night and it would appear he didn't sleep well afterwards.  Nazz was in there as well, not really in the best of moods, I asked how she was doing and she said she didn't wish to discuss it.  When Mr. Kiplimo arrived he raised his voice at Mouz in little under a shout to wake him up, Mouz looking a bit rough from a small case of exhaustion.

Class went by as slow as the previous day, with Mr. Kiplimo reminding everyone that the Chapter One  test will take place a week from today.  It appears that I have a long week ahead of me, I must find a way to pass the time.  It was at that time that I figured that bringing a cell phone to class may help matters, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to break school policy as others have.

Pre-AP English began with Mrs. Rosenberg begrudgingly informing the students that thanks to Mouz, from now on she will be accepting typed chapter analysis.  The majority of the class cheered for him, but I saw Sophia covering her face in shame.  I suppose everyone would rather type than write by hand these days, though as a stickler for the old-fashioned ways, I'd rather continue practicing my good penmanship.  After turning in our daily analysis, we spent the first part of class going over a bit in our textbooks about literary techniques before we started reading again.

Normally I'd put this in my analysis, but I must say that Huxley's "Brave New World" fascinates me on a scientific level from what I've read.  Is it possible that science can become advanced to a point where parents will no longer be needed?  Where children are separated into separate groups as they are born?  Conditioned to act the way the community wishes?  To be honest, I'm not sure if I'd really want that or not, sure it'd be more efficient but it'd be at the cost of our individuality.

Sorry about that, just needed to get it out of my system.

At any rate, Mouz, Sophia, and myself headed into Pre-AP History where we met up with Nazz who seemed to look better than earlier this morning.  I must say, for a Pre-AP level class it seems that all I've done is watch clips from films and listen to Mr. Ward rant and rave.  I respect the fact that everyone has their own teaching method, but I'm not all sure many would really learn from this one.  I looked around the classroom and saw Nazz being bored, Sophia trying not to look at Mr. Ward, Mouz had fallen asleep again, and then I spotted that Ellie girl.  She seemed to be jotting notes, but wasn't paying any mind to the video playing or Mr. Ward's quote, unquote "lecture".  The other students seemed to more or less not pay attention, many of them were on their phones.

After that class, we headed for the lunch room where we met up with Ed, Eddy, and Jonny.  we headed for the lunch room where we separated yet Nazz seemed to join the table used by Ed, Eddy, Jonny, and myself.  It was there that Eddy told Nazz that he heard that Kevin was over at her house earlier today and he asked what that was all about.  Nazz took a deep breath and told us all that Kevin was out on her front lawn early this morning yelling at her about how he's managing to get with a lot of girls in a, ahem, certain manner and he couldn't figure out why she wouldn't be with him in the same manner.

Eddy and Jonny looked a bit angry, Ed just looked shocked.  Jonny even got up from his seat, but Eddy kept him there and whispered something in his ear that sounded a bit like "Wrong place and time"

After lunch, it was time for Lifetime Fitness where Eddy seemed to take his frustration out on the teams he played against.  Mouz asked about Eddy's behavior when Ed and I played against him and his partner who appeared to be a stocky Afro-American.

I told Mouz about Nazz and Kevin and about how Eddy and Jonny felt about Nazz in the past.  Mouz just said that they all should just get over it and that whoever you "like" when you're a kid doesn't matter too much when you get older.  I am not sure what he meant by that.

Class ended and I walked with Eddy and Jonny to a red pickup truck in the parking lot with the Confederate flag designed into the glass of the back window.  At this point, I had a good idea on what kind of person I would be meeting.  Eddy introduced me to Travis, he had a red mullet, with a mustache and goatee combo, he looked a whole lot more older than a Sophomore should be.  In the front there was only room for two so Travis had Jonny and I sit in the back, I asked if it was safe and Travis told me that the only things back there are things that he don't mind falling off.

I'm often correct on my assumptions, but this was ridiculous.

As I got up into the pick-up's bed, I saw something very peculiar.  In the parking lot, there was a very tall and thin man with extremely pale skin and a shaved head wearing very formal clothing who was helping what looked to be Ellie into the back of a black sedan.

Seeing that frightened me a bit, whoever that person was (possibly her chauffeur?) definitely looked suspicious.

Somehow, we managed to get to my therapist's on time and in one piece, and I would like to keep Jonny's laughing at my motion sickness a distant memory.

My therapy session with Dr. Renbarger went quite well, she asked if I was keeping a journal like she suggested and I told her that I have begun one, and intend to continue writing in it because it helps focus my thoughts on the world around me.  She was glad her suggestion worked, and when she asked about school I told her that I was limiting myself to one extracurricular activity rather than going after all of them like I have many years in a row.  She told me it was a step in the right direction, but I should decide soon if what I'm going for is really something I want to do first before I "officially" join.

After that and a short talk about my parents over a game of Scrabble, our hour was up and I headed on out.  I walked home from there, seeing that the downtown area wasn't too far from the cul-de-sac, I noticed that it was getting a bit colder outside and began to regret not wearing a jacket.

I got home feeling exhausted from all the motion sickness, I rested for a bit before writing this entry.  I should get to bed soon, I'm not really feeling all that well.

Hope I feel better by tomorrow,

Eddward M. Jones
Mr. Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:59 pm

Friday, September 7th, 2012

Dear Journal,

As usual, I woke up from bed and got myself ready in around a little over six minutes exactly, since I got distracted by hearing a bird bump into my window. After getting myself quickly dressed, I checked on the poor wren and came to the conclusion that it had passed away. I decided to give the avian a burial in my backyard, and hopefully it would help give nourishment to bacteria and fungi as it decomposed underground, and fulfill its part in the circle of life after death. Once I finished burying the songbird, I washed my hands thoroughly, ate breakfast and then walked outside and waited a few minutes for Ed to show up with his vehicle, which I entered the passenger's seat of as per usual.

I saw Eddy and Jonny in the back seats of Ed's car texting on their cellphones as usual. Seeing if they were up for conversation, I asked them how their delivery job went yesterday, and the two of them informed me that it went "good" as they said. Then I asked the two of them how they met up with that Travis character, who I found to be one of the most vulgar human beings I have come across since meeting the Kanker sisters three years ago. Jonny told me that him and Travis shared their First Aid & CPR with each other and after becoming partners on a project, they ended up associating themselves with one another. Eddy then interjected, stating that while Travis can be a racist hick, it's mostly for "good fun" and that he apparently doesn't mean anything serious malicious with his attitude. The two then informed me that Travis was on "our side" and Eddy promised that if I were to ever get myself in "deep shit", he would make sure that Travis would have my back. Well, hopefully it won't ever have to come to me having to rely on such an ignoble person to assist in whatever issues I may face in the future.

Soon the four of us arrived at school and parted to our separate ways, heading to our own classes. In Accelerated Algebra 2, Mouz, Sophia and Nazz sat right next to me again, all wanting to speak with me a little before Mr. Kiplimo began teaching. Mouz & Sophia asked if I could come over to their house at around seven tonight and hang out with them, which intrigued me as I accepted their offer. I asked if Ed and Eddy would be invited as well, with Mouz nodding to confirm this as Sophia also said that Omar would be there as well. Nazz then asked me what extracurricular organizations I was getting myself involved in this year, as I replied that I would only take part in Knowledge Bowl for the time being. Sophia said that I should be "safe" in Knowledge Bowl, since it didn't contain "lunatics" like the Debate Team, Mock Trial and GSA groups did. She then informed me that all three of those groups had become "disgraces" and full of "buffoons who can't make a decent argument to save their skins" as Sophia put it. Perhaps Knowledge Bowl was the best choice of clubs to join after all if what Sophia said was true, since the last thing I wanted was to deal with was a bunch of fabricators who could barely ruminate.

For the most part, classes today went by rather uneventful. Accelerated Algebra 2 was just another period of me having to hold back on Sophia's insistence, although I was well ahead of my peers already. In Pre-AP English, Mrs. Rosenberg had assigned us all a group project due by next Friday about what we thought the world would be like in five hundred years from now. Mouz, Sophia and I had formed a trio and we agreed to discuss our research later tonight while I was at their place of residence. Then in Pre-AP Social Studies, Mr. Ward had us watch another video, this time about the Roman Empire, telling us how the United States of America could easily go the way of Rome two hundred years from now. As much as I considered Mr. Ward to be a a petty, passive-aggressive zealot of a man, he did make a valid opinion, one of which I'd remember to actually take into consideration for our group project in Pre-AP English later. Mr. Ward then told us we would have our first test on Wednesday, and when Ellie asked him what it would be about, he just responded with, "study hard". If that's not a vague answer, then I certainly do not know what is, especially considering how even I have no clue what our test could be about. The countless movies Mr. Ward always has us watch in his class I presume?

At lunch, I sat down with Ed, Eddy and Jonny again, but before taking my seat I looked around to see where the other students I've antiquated myself with sat down. Looking around the massive cafeteria, I saw that Mouz sat with his cross country friends, Omar and Kevin sat with the freshman football team, Sophia was sitting with I assume some of her female friends, and Nazz was with her own group of friends as well. As I was trying to see if I could find Rolf, he ended up finding us as he sat down at our table. Rolf told us how this whole week he sat with a few different tables, but decided that "familiarity was what Rolf yearned for". I asked why he didn't sit with Kevin at his table, but Rolf said that the freshman football team was "more exclusive than a gathering of helmsmen". Oh Rolf, you always have fascinated me with your strange euphemisms and interesting culture, and being candid, I don't think I'll ever fully understand him.

Jonny then told Eddy and him and Travis would hang out tonight, while Eddy said that he was gonna be with Omar. I then asked Ed and Eddy if they knew of Mouz and Sophia's invitation to their house tonight, which they nodded in agreement. Rolf told us that he would spend a vast majority of his weekend doing more farm work around all of the fields that his family owns around Peach Creek. Eddy told Rolf that he should remember to relax sometimes, which Rolf interjected by saying that he needs to help finish up with harvesting the last of this year's crops before he can do that in a few weeks. He then asked us if it would be okay if he could sit at lunch with us for the rest of the year, which the four of us agreed he could.

After we ate and talked at lunch, all of us headed to our final classes for the day. Lifetime Fitness was the same as usual, with Ed and I loosing all of our games but still getting an A for effort, which is nice I suppose. After that we changed and a lot of the students were very eager to leave, considering that the weekend was upon us. Mr. Arena then had the kids leave two minutes early, as my peers rushed out from the gyms and to wherever their destinations lied. I saw Omar telling Eddy he'd meet them over at Mouz and Sophia's house after he was done with football practice as those two headed their separate ways.

Later I headed over to Mrs. Callaghan's room for our Knowledge Bowl practice. She told us all to pick an area of interest so that it could be covered for our team. I decided to pick science as my subject for the freshman squad, which consisted of me and four other kids, forming a group of five. The other four were Obi, a short Nigerian lad who covered math and hailed from Lemon Brook. Quinn, a brunette girl wearing glasses who picked history and she came from Cherry Pond. Saul, a tall and built Slavic boy who's subject was English and was also from Cherry Pond. Lastly was Barack, who a short Native American boy who would handle miscellaneous questions. Barack came from Peach Creek like I had, but he had spent the last three years in juvenile hall for a crime he didn't wish to go into detail about for the time being.

Knowledge Bowl itself only had twenty kids in it, with five per grade much to my surprise. It was a wonder I didn't have to compete with anyone, which made me assume that this club wasn't a very popular one to say the least. Mrs. Callaghan had us go into groups to research our retrospective topics and get to know one another better as well. Us five decided to study in the library, and I brought up the question as to why each of them joined. Obi said that he didn't make it in the Math League this year, but still wanted to prove to others that he was great at math. I asked him if he had Accelerated Algebra 2, which he confirmed, but at a different hour of the day than I did. Quinn thought that it would be a fun way to get to know other people, and commented that she recognized me in Pre-AP History, even though this was my first time really noticing her. Saul wasn't much of a talker, but did say that joining Knowledge Bowl would reassure his abilities as an inspiring writer by showing that he knew his field. Then Barack admitted that he joined so that it would change his image, since he thought most people thought of him as a common thug thanks to his appearance and past. When I had to answer my own question, I told them that I joined after deciding that Knowledge Bowl would be the best club for me to join this year in comparison to the others.

After we spent our practice mostly talking to each other and researching possible questions we would be asked, Mrs. Callaghan informed us that today's secession was over and to enjoy our weekend. I met up with Ed outside in the parking lot by his car and waited for him. This time Ed was followed by Mouz and Sophia as the three of them approached Ed's vehicle. I asked Sophia if they were coming along to give Ed directions during the ride to their place, which they confirmed. As we got in the car, I then asked about Eddy and Omar, with Mouz saying that Omar was going to come by later with Eddy, which was what he heard from Omar anyway. As we left the parking lot however, I swear I saw that tall, thin, pale man in a suit again, staring at me as Ed pulled out of the school parking lot. Whoever that figure is sure does give me the chills whenever I see him (or her maybe, perhaps even it?).

In half an hour we arrived at Mouz and Sophia's house, which had a modern architectural appearance to it, with most of the outer wall being glass or white in color. Both Ed and I complimented the two for their nice looking house, which Mouz bragged about why Sophia blushed, perhaps a little embarrassed I suppose. When we walked inside, we were greeted by their parents, Mr. and Mrs. Malik, who had already prepared dinner for us. As we walked into their dining room, Mr. Malik asked where Omar was, with Mouz informing him that he would be here soon with Eddy in a bit. We waited for fifteen more minutes until they showed up knocking on their door, and finally we could begin eating at around seven. Mrs. Malik cooked Kebabs and Pilaf (rice with seasoned broth and vegetables in it), which I told her looked fantastic, which she thanked me for. Mr. Malik then ushered, "By the name of Allah" and then told us we may "dig in".

All of us enjoyed the fine dinner that Mrs. Malik prepared for us, and even Eddy was being a good sport about the food, most likely not wanting to offend the Malik family. Suddenly we heard crying coming from another room, and Mrs. Malik had to run off and attend to Mouz & Sophia's baby twin brothers, Jarir and Baba. As she was tending to them, Mr. Malik decided to ask ask Mouz and Sophia if they were keeping up with their studies along with their extracurricular activities, which they said that they were. He then asked, Ed, Eddy and I what our career aspirations were out of high school. Ed and Eddy didn't seem quite sure what they wanted to do yet, since they told Mr. Malik they were "too young" to know. I told Mr. Malik that I was looking into engineering, which he complemented me on, saying that he himself is a construction engineer himself, specializing in building bridges.

Later when we were finished eating, Mouz told us we could come downstairs, which so happened to contain a hangout area along with Mouz's room. Eddy decided to hook up his Xbox 360 which he brought with him to the TV in the basement since Omar informed him that Mouz apparently doesn't own any consoles, just a gaming PC. Mouz went to brag about how superior a PC is compared to any gaming console, while Eddy told him that only use a computer has is for "porn" as he put it. Mouz and Eddy almost got into an argument over if the PC or consoles were better for gaming, but Sophia quickly interjected, saying that they should just have fun for tonight, which I agreed with.

Ed, Eddy and Omar went to play some Halo Reach in the hangout portion of the basement while Mouz, Sophia and I went into Mouz's room. We talked a little bit about our Pre-AP English project, which Sophia reminded us had to be six pages long. Mouz suggested we split the work we have to do for our assignment into three parts, with each of us working on an individual page for the project, which Sophia and I agreed sounded like a good idea. I reminded them that we shouldn't forget to list down our sources, but that I would work on the bibliography page of the project, which they thanked me for taking care of that part. Soon Mouz opened up this program called Steam on his computer and asked me if I had an account there. Sophia told him that the games could come a little later, but Mouz said that he thought it would help in sending messages to each other instantaneously. I informed both of them that I did in fact have a cellphone they could simply talk to me on about the project, so we exchanged numbers, while Mouz commented how "shitty" my phone as, although Sophia slapped him for that remark.

As I also gave them my email address to to send me their portions of the project, I couldn't help but see Sophia gazing at Omar from the room. I asked if she noticed anything strange going on, but Sophia said that it was nothing, only that she was just looking at her future husband. Mouz then informed him that Omar and Sophia were in an arranged marriage situation, which was agreed upon years ago when they were just little kids by both of their parents. Sophia then commented that Omar is not a bad guy, but that she wished she could of had free will in choosing who she wanted to marry, which I could completely understand. When I asked when they would get married, Sophia replied that it wouldn't be until both of them graduated high school, but for the time being they were engaged. Mouz said that when he was younger it bothered him a bit too, but now he had gotten over it, saying that Omar has proven to be a "bro" in his eyes.

Then I asked if Mouz was in an arranged marriage situation as well, which he shook his head, saying he wasn't since there wasn't another Islamic family around. He did say though that this gave him some freedom for the time being, and with how many girls liked him for being a "bad boy" after his incident on Wednesday, Mouz was definitely going to take advantage of that. Mouz then asked me if next Friday that Ed, Eddy and I could accompany him, Sophia and Omar to a varsity football game and then the school dance afterwards. Although I wasn't interested in either of those events, I decided to say that I would come along, since I remembered how my therapist mentioned to be less of a "recluse" as she put it.

Sophia mentioned that only with Omar around could she go to a dance, otherwise as her father put it, she would be a "walking rape target". Mouz said that this dance was a casual one and not like the Homecoming Dance towards the end of the month, which only sophomores or older could attend anyway. Then Eddy came walking in and asked Mouz and Sophia if they had Netflix or something, which Mouz replied that they had Hulu Plus, which was like Netflix, only "with more shows" as he put it. So, it looked like the rest of the night would be spent watching an assortment of movies, and as I wrote this entry in the bathroom, they were in the middle of watching Paranormal Activity. Let's just hope that Ed's over-reactive imagination doesn't kick in after seeing that, heaven forbid he tear up Mouz and Sophia's house after watching it.

Until I Awaken Tomorrow,

Eddward M. Jones
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Muji on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:08 am

Saturday, September 8th, 2012

Dear Journal,

I ended up waking up today at around ten in the morning, which almost made me have another panic attack just because that's so unlike me to sleep in for so long. Of course it was to be expected after staying up till three in the morning watching movies until I passed out. From what I can remember before falling asleep, Ed was able to behave since Eddy made sure another movie would immediately play after the previous one. Mouz had passed out at around one in the morning, with Sophia and Omar going upstairs sometime at around two. I'm pretty sure that Eddy and Ed managed to stay up far later than I did though.

As I walked upstairs, I found that Eddy, Omar and Sophia were already eating breakfast, which so happened to be a dish called Paratha with Dall (which is Lentils). Eddy laughed at how I had been the one to sleep in the longest, much to my embarrassment. However, I sat down and ate the dish that Mrs. Malik made, which I must say was delicious, although the Paratha was a tad bit too oily for me to handle at times. I then asked where Ed and Mouz went, with Sophia telling me that the two of them embarked on running at around seven to practice for their upcoming meet at Watermelon Bay. Sophia did say that they should be back soon since Mouz did promise to help with our group project a bit later today.

In half an hour, Ed and Mouz returned from their run, with Ed sweating and smelling even more rancid than usual. I do wonder, just how is everyone else in the high school putting up with Ed's foul odor, which took months for me to adjust to? Those poor other souls who have to share a locker room with Ed must be in tears after every practice. Anyway, Mouz went to shower up quick, while Eddy, Omar and I managed to get Ed outside so we could spray him down with a hose. Omar was able to Ed in place with his own strength as Eddy kept dousing Ed in water while I scrubbed him down with soap. After Ed's cleaning, he was visibly upset at us, even though all three of us told Ed that this was for his own good.

Just then Travis drove up in his pick-up with Jonny in the passenger's seat, telling Eddy and Omar that they supposedly had a few deliveries to take care of. So those two waved goodbye and left, for as it was now just Ed, Mouz, Sophia and I around the Malik residence (well, along with Mouz & Sophia's parents and younger siblings). Ed decided that he would sleep in his car, having stayed up for more than twenty-four hours from what he told me. Now after eating some lunch (which was mostly scraps in Mouz and Sophia's fridge), the three of us finally began actually working on our project.

During our process of writing a draft, Mouz went to his room to research. Now in Sophia's room, she mentioned how Mouz is interested in "Futurology", which is the study of postulating possible, probable, and preferable futures and the worldviews and myths that underlie them. I informed her of how it is currently being debated in scientific communities whether futurism is an actual science or merely an art. However, Sophia informed me that either way, it is still a parallel to history, albeit just with a focus on the future rather than the past. After thinking about it, I thought that it wouldn't hurt to incorporate some Futurology, since I supposed how the rest of the class would be doing the same.

Sophia said that Mouz has some rather well, interesting theories about how the world will be in the future to say the least. He was convinced that in about one hundred years from now, we would turn into data and have the ability to quote on quote, "Move from computer to computer, be capable of being transmitted through space and still be the same person, along with having robotic bodies that would have powers that would be considered magic nowadays." Sophia was laughing as she quoted her brother, saying that she thought some of the stuff Mouz believed was possible, like immortality being achievable, was going against their religion. Yet she didn't want to tell her parents on Mouz for such a small thing. I then said that so long as Mouz is able to find creditable sources to document these claims on, that they would be valid for our essay anyway.

After a couple of hours, Sophia and I managed to get a page each done on our part of the project. We then went downstairs to see how far Mouz was coming along, only to find him focused in a game of Team Fortress 2. Sophia then started yelling at him for being so lazy, with Mouz retorting that he would "get it done later". The two twins began to bicker back and forth for half an hour and still weren't done hurling insults at each other. That's when I decided to depart, informing the two that I would contact them via email later on tonight or possibly tomorrow. Saying goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Malik, I jumped in Ed's car and woke him up as he drove us back to Peach Creek.

Back in the cul-de-sac, Ed and I witnessed Kevin yelling at Nazz on her lawn again. This time Nazz's mother came out and threatened to call the police if he didn't step off their property. Kevin then angrily responded that he should be calling the police instead and then marched back into his own home. Ed then told me that he wasn't going to touch the drama between Kevin and Nazz "with a light year pole" as he told me. I then departed for my own house, telling Ed to get some more rest, especially for his upcoming meet.

Now it's about eight in the evening as I write this entry. The rest of the day hasn't been eventful since about three in the afternoon, which was when Ed and I returned back to the cul-de-sac. Eddy was still off with Travis, Omar and Jonny making some deliveries for whatever employer they work for. I must say, I am still proud of all three of us, Ed, Eddy and I, for expanding on our circle of friends while still managing to keep our own bond as strong as ever. Ed has probably been befriending more kids on the cross country team besides just Mouz. Besides Travis, Eddy hanging around Jonny and Omar does not upset me much one bit. As for I, well I think it's safe to say that I could possibly call Sophia a friend, and maybe one day turn my Knowledge Bowl teammates from mere acquaintances to good friends as well. So, with that I am going to continue my work for the group project assignment that Mouz, Sophia and I were assigned to in Pre-AP English.

Regards,

Eddward M. Jones
Muji

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dusk on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:20 pm

Sunday, September 9th, 2012

Dear Journal,

Since I stayed up too late the previous night, I decided to go to bed early last night and the result is that I had awaken a bit too early at around 5:34 AM.  I took this time to go out and watch the sun rise, yes I know it seems odd but I rather enjoy the wonders of nature.  It was there, in the cul-de-sac, that I saw Nazz going from Kevin's house back to her own.  I don't think she saw me, but I felt uneasy witnessing that and rushed back inside.

I spent my morning with breakfast and some chores around the house, after that I worked a bit more on the Pre-AP English project with Sophia sending me her part along with telling me that Mouz still hasn't worked on his.  I decided to look up some of the videos Mr. Ward had us watch to see if I can find studying material for his upcoming test, but then again it may just be on his lectures and opinions alone, and I already took necessary notes on that.

Ed and Eddy came by in the afternoon, both having slept through the morning.  Eddy told me that he was "starving" and that he and Ed were going to Big Jim's Burgers, a diner just outside of town, and asked if I wanted to come along, saying he'd treat me to lunch.  I told him that I didn't really like greasy food all that much, and he told me that I could just order a salad and grilled chicken if I wanted to keep my figure.  I can't help but take that as a jab against my frail, skinny exterior.

We piled into Ed's car and headed for the diner, I told the two about what I saw this morning with Nazz and Eddy just seemed to shrug, saying that she probably went there to tell him off or something.  Ed asked that he thought it was Kevin who was going to Nazz's house and I told Ed that he was, it's just that Nazz went there this morning.  Ed then asked why did Nazz go in the morning when Kevin seemed to just show up during the afternoon or evening.  I still don't really have an answer to that, but Eddy told Ed "Who cares?  It's none of our business." and I had to agree with him on that.

Whatever's going on between Kevin and Nazz should just stay between them.  There's really no need for us to get involved.

We arrived at the diner, Ed parked the car and we headed inside.  The diner was mostly empty aside from an older couple and what I assumed to be a college student from the nearby community college with a textbook and laptop.  Ed, Eddy, and myself sat at a booth next to a window where Ed and I grabbed a menu and looked through it.  Eddy told us to get whatever we felt like, he'll pay for it, and I decided on his suggestion on grilled chicken and a salad.  Ed on the other hand seemed to order two large burgers and some chili cheese fries, the mere suggestion of it was enough to give me heartburn.  When the waitress came by, we told her our orders, Eddy saying he'd take "the usual" which turned out to be enchilada and nachos.

While waiting for our food to be prepared, I happened to look out the window and I swear I caught a glimpse of that tall, thin, pale man in a suit again.  It only lasted a second though as he vanished when I took another look.  Eddy asked what was the matter, and I told him I thought I saw someone from school, he took a look and told me that nobody was out there.  After eating, Eddy paid for our meal and we headed back to Ed's car and I noticed a black sedan in the parking lot that wasn't there before.  I was curious about it, but Eddy told me to hurry up and that we'd be going to the shopping district on the way home.

At the shopping center of town, Eddy handed Ed some money and told him to get something he liked.  He tried to give me money too but I objected, asking why Eddy was being so generous today.  He seemed upset at that, he asked me if he couldn't treat his friends every now and then.  I told him I didn't mean anything about it, it was just a tad unusual for him to just throw money at us like that.  Eddy then told me that he got "a bit extra" from his deliveries and he just wanted to share it with us since he really didn't know what to do with it all, I still refused the money so Eddy just gave it to Ed who ended up buying some video games and candy as I expected him to.

We ended up back in the cul-de-sac, going to our respected homes, Eddy still in a bit upset with me refusing his generosity.  I started writing this entry, and I suppose now I'll look over some things for the Knowledge Bowl tomorrow and head for bed.

Until next time,

Eddward M. Jones
Mr. Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:04 am

Monday, September 10th, 2012

Dear Journal,

Waking up for school again at my usual time, I got ready in about five minutes and two seconds, which isn't the worst in terms of speed. After eating breakfast (which consisted of oatmeal and orange juice), I was about to head outside to wait for Ed to pick me up until I heard the telephone ring. Answering it, the person on the other end turned out to be my father, much to my shock. My father said that he would be home on Saturday night and would be staying for two weeks, which I was surprised to hear. When I asked what the occasion for visiting was, my dad said that he would have loved to answer my question, but then said he had to take care of something and hanged up.

Soon enough I heard a honking noise and grabbing my backpack, I quickly hustled outside to Ed's car and hopped in the passenger's seat. As Ed started to drive out of the cul-de-sac, Eddy asked me why I took so long to come in the car, with Ed having to resort to honking in order to gain my attention. I then told him, Ed and Jonny that my father had called me and was going to stay for two weeks starting Saturday night. Ed remarked that it was "pretty cool" while Eddy asked me how long it's been since one of my parents actually came to visit. Thinking about Eddy's question, I realized that it has been nearly seven months since one of my parents returned home, with my mother staying with me for a week after my nervous breakdown back in March.

Wanting to change subjects since this conversation could easily turn depressing fast, I noticed that both Eddy and Jonny were carrying black guitar cases with them. I asked the two what the occasion was with the guitars, with Jonny telling me that him and Eddy were selling them for their job later after school. When I then asked where they initially received the guitars from, Eddy told me that they came from Travis and that's all he and Jonny told me about their origin. It was then I realized that I was starting to find myself intrigued with Eddy and Jonny's employment, and I was starting to formulate questions to ask both of them.

Of course, once I came up with a decent amount of questions, we arrived at school and headed our separate ways for the day. In Accelerated Algebra 2, I found myself having to struggle with just listening and not doing any work again as Sophia glared at me not to. So when it came time to work on today's assignment for the second half of class, I decided that my artistic skills could use some improvement and started to doodle. Mouz looked over my notebook and asked what I was drawing, and I told him that I was just drawing out some basic shapes for now, taking baby steps in my art. Nazz also came over by my desk, and while she complimented how nice the shapes I drew were (a comment I still can't recognize as being sarcastic or not), she asked if I knew the answer to a problem she was struggling with. I looked over her assignment and helped her through the problem so she would understand how to do it and similar questions in the future, which she thanked me for. Sophia then passed me a note, which read, "Not a smart move," as suddenly I felt a spit ball hit the back of my hat. Turning behind me, I could not tell which of my peers fired that shot, angered as I returned to doodling shapes for the rest of the hour.

When class was over and Mouz, Sophia and I entered Pre-AP English, Sophia told me that her warnings about how competitive some of our fellow peers could be over grades weren't lies she fabricated. I told her that after that spit ball I received that I fully believed her now, and soon came to the conclusion that I was really going to have to "play stupid" in order not to attract any unwanted attention in Mr. Kiplimo's class. Anyway, now in Pre-AP English, Mrs. Rosenberg gave us more time to work on our group project for the rest of class. Sophia and I had already come a long way on our share of the assignment, while Mouz only had a couple of paragraphs written, and the sources he used were of very dubious quality. Soon Mouz was chewed out by Sophia for being so lazy, with Mouz retorting that we had till the end of the week, which was still four days away. Mouz then promised he would work extra hard today to get his share of the project on par with ours, with Sophia looking quite stern at him.

After doing some more researching in Pre-AP English, the bell rang as the three of us soon met up with Nazz and headed over to Pre-AP Social Studies. Upon entering the classroom, I found Mr. Ward relaxing on his desk wearing headphones and watching something on his laptop. I typically hold educators with high regard, but Mr. Ward is really starting to make me question if I should treat all teachers with the same amount of respect. Anyway, the only note written on the whiteboard was "Study", with a list of students whom Mr. Ward partnered with each other. Mouz and Sophia were partners, Nazz had some other guy in the class and I had Ellie Elms as my partner, who I looked over and saw was the Puerto Rican girl who argued with Mr. Ward on the first day of school. I sat on a desk right across from her as she shook my hand before asking what material we should study.

I pulled out my notes and asked Ellie if she took any on the movies that Mr. Ward showed us. Ellie then complimented me on my hard work, but informed me that my notes would "probably be useless" as she put it. She then said that after analyzing Mr. Ward and his teaching habits, that our upcoming test on Wednesday would "have a high probability of being an essay question". Ellie came to this conclusion after reminding me of Mr. Ward's admittedly lazy style of teaching, combined with his very biased opinions. This would most likely make our first test, and possibly all of our tests in this class essay questions that would be graded on either a "Pass or Fail" system depending on if we agreed with Mr. Ward's opinions or not. Ellie then said that because of this, traditional study methods would be pointless as she then asked if I wouldn't mind talking to her, pointing out that Mr. Ward would be too distracted to care.

So I asked her what she wanted to talk about, and Ellie asked me a few basic questions about myself, such as where I was from and some of my own personal beliefs. I told her this information and Ellie told me a little about herself in return. Apparently this is Ellie's first year of public school, having been home schooled in Lemon Brook for her whole life until now. She then said that she was an agnostic like me, also loved science and admitted that she was more of a "logistics" type of person, which intrigued me since I wasn't sure I'd encounter someone with similar interests in high school this soon. Soon the bell rang, and Ellie said that tomorrow she promised to give me some study material she would come up with as I thanked her in advance for that as she smiled and walked off.

At lunch I sat down with Ed, Eddy, Jonny and Rolf again and asked them how their days were going so far. They all replied with a "good" in unison and continued eating. Jonny then asked Rolf how his weekend went, and Rolf showed us this awfully nasty scar on his back, this one looking fresh in comparison to the many other scars and bruises he had on his back. Rolf told his that this weekend while he was doing work at the many farms his family owns around Peach Creek, he accidentally dropped a pitchfork on his father's foot. As punishment, Rolf received the "Claymore of Parental Respect" and was slashed with it as a result.

All four of us were shocked and appalled at this cruel and unusual punishment that Rolf had been dealt with, yet none of us found it that surprising either. Truth be told, if any of us "cul-de-sac kids" had the worst family situation, it was most definitely Rolf. Sure Ed was terribly neglected, I hardly had any parental contact growing up and Eddy had to deal with the abuse from his older brother, but all of that paled in comparison to the flat out physical abuse Rolf was dealt with on a near daily basis to this day. I always wondered how Rolf could not show any signs of trauma relating to these incidents, even though Rolf's defense was that it was always just apart of his culture, stating that it was like that for the others back in the "old country" as well. Local authorities are well aware that this abuse happens, yet for some reason charges always get dropped days before any trial can occur.

After lunch was Lifetime Fitness again, which was the same as any day, with Ed and I loosing all of our badminton games, yet receiving an A for the day by Mr. Arena since we tried at least. Once class was over and us students changed back to our regular clothes, school was soon over for the day as I headed over to Mrs. Callaghan's room for our Knowledge Bowl practice. Arriving there, the rest of the freshman team and the others soon followed and then Mrs. Callaghan told us to begin researching our retrospective topics. Walking to the library, Obi, Quinn, Saul, Barack and I went to a corner surrounded by bookshelves on three sides and began our researching.

The practice itself wasn't too eventful and the five of us mostly talked to each other quite a bit, which no one else present in the library seemed to mind. Our conversations were mostly trivial matters, but still entertaining to engage in at least. Soon enough two and a half hours had passed and practice was over as the five of us headed our separate ways. I then waited for Ed by his car in the parking lot as he then walked over and unlocked it for us. We made it back to Peach Creek by twenty minutes to seven and Ed walked over to his house as I entered mine.

At first I thought I was in for another night of just studying and accomplishing homework. But then I heard my doorbell ring below and answered it, revealing Eddy with his guitar case. Eddy told me that he wanted me to keep it safe, saying that he would come back for it later when he "had space" for it back at his house. As I was about to ask if this was the same guitar case from earlier today, Eddy had already ran off back to his own house. Although I was curious about the contents within the case since I could feel that there was obviously not a guitar in there, I decided to respect Eddy's privacy this time and not try to pry at it. So now I locked the guitar case away in my secret safe just as I am about to with my journal for tonight as well for as it is getting late.

May the sun still shine tomorrow,

Eddward M. Jones
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dusk on Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:03 am

Tuesday, September 11th, 2012

Today I managed to get ready in four minutes, forty-eight seconds.  A new record if I do say so myself!  Breakfast consisted of toast and grapefruit, and I ended up outside on time.  But this morning was different in that Eddy and Jonny weren't with us in the car.  Ed told me that Eddy texted him that Travis was giving them a ride, having picked them up earlier for an early morning delivery.  Poor luck on my part, I had questions to ask them.

Accelerated Algebra 2 felt a bit like torture to me, sitting there anxiously, worried of the envious eyes that may had been upon me.  I wanted to excuse myself from the class, but didn't want the attention on me.  I managed to get through the class, but on the way out I nearly tripped and fell onto the floor, but Mouz managed to help me keep balance.  The culprit was an Asian looking student who gave a false apology for his "accident", I turned to see Sophia with a look in her eyes saying "I told you so." nevertheless we left for Pre-AP English.

I had my part of the assignment done for the most part, I still wanted to look it over for any possible revision.  Sophia had a few more things she wanted to look up, and Mouz...well, let's just say his work ethic needs improvement.  I ended up asking if I should just do Mouz's part, but Mouz snapped at me, saying he'll "get it done, and done right without help."  Whatever he decides to do, I hope he does it soon with the deadline coming up.

Pre-AP Social Studies was where things took a turn for the worst.  Mr. Ward was at his most passive aggressive today, and it wasn't until he mentioned today's date that I had found out why.  I'll admit though, I don't really have much feelings for 9/11 in particular because the event happened twelve years ago when I was barely three years old.  I really don't recall much of the panic or disheartening many people felt during the time and my parents hardly seemed concerned.  Possibly because they understood it better than most people.

Mr. Ward had ranted and raved for no longer than twenty minutes when the unthinkable happened.  Mouz had quietly and calmly gathered his things, stood up, and walked out of the classroom without a word.  Mr. Ward called for him to come back, but to no avail.  After that, Sophia and other girls from the class followed Mouz's example, and soon enough the entire class had left en masse.  I honestly was a bit shocked until Ellie appeared at my desk and told me to get my things and follow her, and I do not know what compelled me to obey her command.

We ended up in a the library which was being used by a few Juniors and Seniors, and Ellie led me to an empty area.  She handed me a few notes that were supposedly possible questions for his essay-centric test and she advised I shared the information with my friends in the class.  I thanked her for the help, and she said it wasn't a problem and that "us geniuses need to stick together."

She then asked if I had free time this weekend, I told her yes and she invited me to her home on Saturday to help with a project she was working on.  I told her that while I didn't mind, I didn't really have the transportation available.  She then told me that her elder brother could always drive to and from her house .  It was then that I felt a presence behind me.  Turning around, I looked back and saw only a few students studying on the tables or reading literature. Ellie laughed and then said she had to meet up with her older brother to discuss him picking me up on Saturday. I told Ellie my address and she noted it down before she told me "good bye" and left.

I stayed in the library until lunch period started and was the first to the table that I and the others occupied.  When Ed, Eddy, Jonny, and Rolf arrived, they asked how I managed to get there so early and I told them what had happened in Pre-AP Social Studies.  Everyone seemed to gain more respect towards Mouz for what Eddy described as "a ballsy move", and he was actually surprised that I went along with it too.  I then remembered to ask Eddy how his and Jonny's delivery went, and he told me that it was fine, just a bit earlier than he wanted.  After that he changed the subject and soon enough lunch period ended.

Lifetime Fitness went just as well as it did the previous day, after that I just studied in the library and did homework until Ed was done with his cross-country practice.  While in the library I noticed a few posters up for Friday's football game and dance afterwards, and thought again about attending.  I suppose I should, my counselor did say I needed to get out of my comfort zone and all my friends will be there so I wouldn't have too much to worry about.

Ed and I headed home, and Ed asked if he could hang out with me this evening because Eddy wouldn't be home until later.  Given that I was more than enough caught up in my homework, and that I hadn't have company in a while, I was happy to oblige.  Ed made himself at home (after he wiped his feet of course) by turning on the TV as I cooked up a ravioli dinner.

While eating, Ed started bringing up how much he was enjoying cross-country, almost as much as he enjoyed helping Eddy in whatever harebrained scheme he had every other week. Would Ed's new cross-country hobby one day rise up to the levels of B-movies, buttered toast and even chickens? Or is this just a hobby that Ed is happy to be involved in, a new distraction from the depression in his life he had been suffering for the past few months? Either way, cross-country was doing wonders for Ed, not just emotionally but physically as well, for as I can tell that Ed's gut has shrank a bit in the past week, showing that he might have lost weight.

After dinner, Ed and I watched a bit of television until Ed fell asleep, possibly from the exhaustion from practice.  I went to start writing in this journal, but as I opened the safe earlier, I saw the guitar case Eddy had me look over.  I felt curious about the case, but I must respect Eddy's privacy and that of whoever ordered the guitar case in the first place.

I'm going to wrap this up for tonight, I think I'll allow Ed to sleep here for the night as well.  He won't be much harm, at least I hope not.

Tomorrow comes soon,

Eddward M. Jones
Mr. Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post by Muji on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:13 am

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012

Dear Journal,

I got up once more and managed to get myself ready in a time of five minutes and twenty seconds, which is rather disappointing for me especially after I broke my record yesterday. After eating breakfast I sat down on a couch in my living room, thinking about how uneventful the past few days have been. Oh sure there has been some tiny events that have occurred, but for the most part I cannot help but feel as if my life is missing some action. Maybe it's just something that comes with age I suppose. After all, long gone are the days of Ed, Eddy and I running from the kids because of Lord knows what and getting into all sorts of mishap. It doesn't help that my tendency to let events come to me rather than vice versa can easily lead to boredom if nothing pulls me into some plot.

Then as I was thinking about my life I heard Ed honk the horn of his car outside. So I quickly grabbed my backpack and hustled to his passenger seat, buckling myself in as Ed then slammed on the gas pedal, zooming out of the cul-de-sac. I had to tell Ed to slow down, least he get a speeding ticket or worse an accident. Ed told me that today was the day of his first cross country meet, and that he did not want to be late for school. Eddy reminded Ed that he still had a few hours before he left for his meet today, but this just went in Ed's ear and out the other. Soon we arrived at school five minutes earlier and at this point I was puking in a bag Jonny handed to me thanks to how easily I get motion sickness. Eddy and Jonny told me I should brush up a bit after vomiting as we arrived at the school, while Ed had already ran inside, bolting past the three of us.

Before my first period class I spent sometime brushing my teeth (yes I carry a toothbrush and toothpaste with me to school) in the boy's bathroom when suddenly a few older kids came in and started smoking. I proceeded to gag on the noxious nicotine in the air, which got their attention as they asked me if I had a problem with their smoking. Speaking my mind I said yes, but this lead to them breathing the cigarette smoke into my face as I collapsed to the floor, coughing my lungs out. Just then Travis came out from one of the stalls and told my older peers to "beat it or else", which they complied with, putting out their cigarettes before leaving the bathroom while complaining. Travis helped pull me back up and asked if I was okay while I told him to grab my inhaler from my backpack. He got it out for me as I breathed through it, soon recovering as I thanked Travis for getting those ruffians to stop breathing cancerous smoke into my lungs. Travis said it was nothing since "a friend of Eddy's is a friend of mine" as he put it before leaving the restroom, also assuring me that the smell of cigarette smoke would disappear in an hour.

Now after brushing myself up for class again, I made it to my Accelerated Algebra 2 class with just two minutes to spare, with Mouz, Sophia, Nazz and many other students already in class before I made it. A little later Mr. Kiplimo told us that today was going to be a review day before our first test tomorrow, and that he'd spend the period answering any questions the class had. The class ran out of questions to ask him halfway through the period, so Mr. Kiplimo told us to get into groups of four and to "self-study" on our own for the rest of the period. Of course I partnered up with Mouz, Sophia and Nazz as we put our tables together, with Sophia wondering why I came into class later than usual and smelling like smoke at first. I told the four of them my story on what happened early today, with Mouz saying, "You know if you smoke Double-D, no need to cover it up." I adamantly proclaimed that I do not smoke and Nazz backed me up, saying that she knew I would never smoke for many various reasons. Sophia seemed indifferent and just wanted us to continue talking and that studying could wait, since we did not want to attract unwanted attention from any of our more envious peers. In the meantime I gave them some copies of the notes Ellie made yesterday for today's Pre-AP Social Studies test, which the three of them looked over and thanked me for.

After Accelerated Algebra 2 got done Mouz, Sophia and I headed over to Pre-AP English and continued working on our group project. Mouz finally had some work of his own done, with a page and a half of research he had wrote up last night. Apparently Sophia managed to get Mouz started on his share of the project after she uninstalled Steam on his computer. While the program was re-downloading, Mouz was able to get a surprisingly good amount of work done, with great results despite the short amount of time he actually spent working on it. So now I can say that our group project is about fourth-fifths done, although it needs to be finished by tomorrow night so it can be turned in on Friday.

Later class for Pre-AP English was over and we met up with Nazz again for Pre-AP Social Studies. Today Mr. Ward handed out the test for all of us, which as Ellie predicted was an essay-test. What was more surprising though was that all of the possible essay questions Mr. Ward had as selections for the test were the exact same as in Ellie's notes. I took it as a mere coincidence as I wrote up my essay, turned it in on Mr. Ward's desk and then left the classroom as instructed to do so after completing the test. Ellie came out of the room just seconds after I did, and when we were away from classroom, I asked Ellie how on earth were her study notes that identical to the essay questions Mr. Ward had for the actual test.

Ellie then admitted that she cheated, which she was surprised I didn't catch onto, with Ellie telling me, "You're one of the most intelligent peers I've ever met Double-D, but you are also one of the most naive people I've ever met as well." On Monday after school, Ellie apparently was able to hack into Mr. Ward's laptop, and by "hack" I mean she guessed his password correctly, which turned out to be "America", with Ellie stating it was so easy getting all of the test info that it actually infuriated her. I asked Ellie why such a smart woman like her resorted to cheating, and Ellie told me that under normal circumstances she would not have resorted to a tactic like that to pass a test, but felt that Mr. Ward's terrible teaching style forced her to. She then stated that it is one thing to make a challenging test that rewards the most hard-working and intelligent, and another to make a test that guaranteed failure just because everyone was left ignorant on what the test was even about to begin with. I had to admit that there was some justification in what Ellie did, but overall I thought that her actions were unethical. Ellie then stated that if I "squealed" that not only would she get in trouble, but I would to and that the school rule's would not only have me fail that test, but the class itself and become forbidden from taking anymore advanced level classes during my time at Peach Creek High. Gulping, I decided to let this slide and told Ellie that I would not "rat her out", which she said was a smart move on my part before she had to depart to meet with her brother, waving "goodbye" as she did so.

Now at lunch I sat down with Eddy, Jonny and Rolf, with Ed absent since he left for his cross country meet right after third period was over. Eddy said that he heard from Travis what had happened to me earlier today and asked me if I viewed him as an "ally" now. I told Eddy yes since I was thankful that Travis happened to be in the bathroom at the time those uncouth older students were almost about to make me pass out from smoke. Jonny then asked if he wanted Travis to pick me up after my Knowledge Bowl practice at around six tonight, and I told Jonny that if it wouldn't bother Travis than I would be thankful. Rolf then mentioned how his father had gave him Friday night off of work, and now he wondered what to do with his leisure time. Eddy, Jonny and I agreed to invite Rolf to the football game and dance, which Rolf agreed to come along with us, with Eddy proclaiming that "things are gonna be a riot now" as he laughed.

Once lunch was over Eddy and I headed for Lifetime Fitness, and today since Ed was gone I had Mouz's partner since Mouz too was gone for cross country. Mouz's partner was Noah Burke, an African-American teen who stood a few inches taller than I did, had a bulky build and kept a pink pick in his afro. Noah and I won half of our games of badminton today at least, mostly thanks to his part anyway, and he commented how with Mouz he had to do less work to win. I shrugged this off however and later showered, got dressed back in my normal attire and then met up with Eddy, Omar and Sophia as we waited for the bell to ring. Omar mentioned to Sophia that he got an A on his Biology test today, with her saying that was good. Apparently Omar too is in advanced level classes, just at different hours than Mouz, Sophia and I, and said that he was aiming for medical school once he graduated.

The bell soon rang and we all headed our separate ways for the day. At Knowledge Bowl practice Mrs. Callaghan had our groups perform more research in the library, where Obi, Saul, Quinn, Barack and I met up. Quinn asked if any of us knew when our first Knowledge Bowl meet would be, which none of us knew ourselves. Obi tried to find Mrs. Callaghan for an answer, but she was nowhere to be found, almost as if she left while the rest of us spent sometime in the library together. Saul then asked all of us how well we felt about our retrospective research areas, with each of us having a good amount of confidence in our research areas. Barack then asked if we were all going to the football game and dance on Friday, which all of us confirmed that we would. I then brought up the possibility of the five of us meeting up with each other on a weekend or something to hang out and build up our connection as a team, which Obi, Saul, Quinn and Barack liked for an idea. Although I was busy this Saturday, Quinn suggested we could come over to her house on the eighteenth (Tuesday) at Cherry Pond, which all of us were up for.

Knowledge Bowl practice soon ended as the five of us went to the parking lot to get picked up. Travis came driving down the school parking lot blaring country music and diesel gas from his pick-up truck as he honked at me to get in. Saul and Quinn asked how I knew Travis who they knew from Cherry Pond, and I told them that it was a story for another time as I hopped in Travis's vehicle. As Travis drove me to my house, he asked if I would need him to pick me up after school again tomorrow to see my therapist. I told Travis that would be nice and he nodded his head as we soon made it back to the cul-de-sac where he dropped me off, saying that he would see me tomorrow. So now I entered my house, cooked some dinner for myself and started writing this entry before I begun on my homework and studying.

Until Tomorrow,

Eddward M. Jones
Muji

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dusk on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:34 am

Thursday, September 13th, 2012

Dear Journal,

On the way to school, I asked Ed how his cross country meet went. Ed smiled and told me it went great, saying that he and Mouz only really did the 5K event where Mouz finished first with 16:30 and Ed finished fifth with 16:58, both being great times for the 5K. Eddy asked Ed what was the point of being happy if he didn't finish first, and Ed just told him that he just liked being a part of it.

We had our first test in Accelerated Algebra 2 today and I took my time with it, not only because I wanted a good grade but I wanted to try to keep the appearance that I have to take just as much time as everyone else. I couldn't help but think that someone was trying to cheat on my test yet I didn't look back out of fear that I'd look awkward. I had finished the test with fifteen minutes to spare, and it appeared I was the first done. This didn't bode well for me. I tried to look busy by going over the test, looking over my answers, but Mr. Kiplimo came by and saw that I was done and told me that if I was done early, I could turn it in and leave the class early. I could feel all the eyes on me again, and I just turned it in and ran out the door as fast as I could.

In Pre-AP English, I was surprised with how Mouz managed to complete the rest of his work. Sophia told me that Mouz works a whole lot better after he had been physically exhausted. I'm not entirely sure if that would really help, but then again there's always the phenomenon of the adrenaline rush that could have given Mouz an edge. I told Mouz and Sophia that I'd like to look over all the work and patch it up so we can turn it in tomorrow.

Pre-AP History went back into the swing of Mr. Ward ranting while showing clips from random videos. I couldn't help but look over at Ellie during the more dull moments of the lectures. She still seemed to be hard at work, yet it didn't look as if she was paying attention to Mr. Ward. I wonder what she's really working on, does it have to do with school or maybe she has other projects she's got going on. Does it have to do with what she has planned for Saturday? Maybe I'm just thinking too hard on it, I shouldn't be too worried.

At lunch, Eddy was talking about how he had Friday night all planned out. When I asked him about what hare-brained scheme he had this time, he just snickered and told me it was a surprise. Well, that can only end well. Rolf was congratulating Ed on his cross country achievement from the other day by giving him the "armpit rub of victory". Seeing that others were noticing this, I just put my head down and pretended I wasn't there.

Lifetime fitness had us playing badminton again, though I hear that we're going to switch to indoor hockey next week. I can feel the injuries already, it's at times like this where I wished my parents had my doctor renew my excuse to get out of gym, but it remains clear that my endurance had been built up enough to stay included. I suppose Eddy's scams did do some good for me.

At any rate, after washing up and collecting my things, I got into Travis' truck and he drove me downtown. Along the way I asked Travis was going to show up at the football game and dance at the school tomorrow, and he told me that he was but today he had to get some stuff in town for something he's preparing for tomorrow night. I asked him what it was, and he just told me it was a surprise. Maybe he and Eddy are planning something for the dance? I hope it's nothing illegal at least.

My session with Dr. Renbarger included a point where we talked about my journal, and I told her I had been writing quite a bit. She reminded me that I didn't have to include every small detail and while I do enjoy writing in detail like what I have for breakfast every day, I have to admit that it might add to my stress if I try hard to remember every minute detail. We then talked about my friends, especially Ed and Eddy, and while it is nice of me to have concern for them I really should know that at times I should leave them to their own devices. Maybe whatever "surprise" Eddy and Travis have planned for tomorrow, it might be better for me to stay out of it.

On the way home, I came across Noah Burke from Lifetime Fitness who was walking his dog Chomp. He greeted me and introduced his rather friendly dog, Noah apparently lives in an apartment downtown with his parents and says that he'd see me at the football game and dance tomorrow.

I headed home to finish up the report for Pre-AP English tomorrow and to write up this entry. Tomorrow looks to be a very busy day, so I should get to bed early.

Until tomorrow comes,

Eddward M. Jones
Mr. Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brimstone Behemoth on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:01 am

Friday, September 14th, 2012

Dear Journal,

Taking Dr. Renbarger's advice, I've decided to try and cut out the more mundane and "boring" aspects of my daily life. I'll admit that it bugs me having to adapt to writing less, but I'm sure that it will make my journal entries far more enjoyable to read in the long run. Even looking back on previous journal entries, I confess that I have went on about certain topics far longer than I should have. Sure I'm the only one reading this journal (hopefully), but I do suppose I should take my therapist's suggest to not get too into detail sometimes.

Anyway, I'll officially start my journal entry at when something eventful occurred: Pre-AP English. Before that Accelerated Algebra 2 was rather uneventful and even earlier the beginning of my day was nothing exciting in the slightest. Mouz, Sophia and I presented our first research project to our class and we were met with positive acclaim. Mrs. Rosenberg stated afterwards that the three of us would receive an A for our work, which all three of us were glad to hear. After the amount of procrastination, combined with the questionable sources Mouz used, I was surprised that the research project held up quite well on his end.

After Pre-AP English Mouz, Sophia and I met up with Nazz for Pre-AP Social Studies, which was nothing out the ordinary for that class. Mr. Ward showed us yet another movie reflecting on his own personal beliefs, with over half of the class asleep or distracted on their cellphones. Even Ellie was busy playing around on her phone, along with Nazz while Mouz was talking to a few of the girls in the class with Sophia looking at him in disgust. While all of this was going on, Mr. Ward was just busy gazing at his laptop, making the occasional movement and click with his mouse. Besides how unpredictably challenging the tests can be, it would be very easy to fool an individual into believing that this was a remedial class with how unprofessional the overall atmosphere is.

Once Pre-AP Social Studies was over, it was time for lunch. At the table I noticed that Ed was absent, with Eddy telling me that Ed went off to sit at the cross country table with Mouz. Apparently after running his first meet and doing pretty well, the rest of the cross country team agreed that Ed had earned his place on the team and was now invited to sit with them at their table. Looking over, I noticed that Ed was having a good time with his fellow cross country team members, laughing along with Mouz and the others. Rolf reminded Eddy and I that "Life has many doors Ed boys" in regards to Ed sitting with the cross country team now for lunch. Jonny told us that we should probably expect this to be a more common occurrence now, but he thought that Ed would still be loyal to Eddy and I, which we agreed would mostly likely be the case (we hoped).

When lunch was over came Lifetime Fitness and as per usual, Ed and I lost all of our games in badminton. Mr. Arena then told us about how for floor hockey next week he already had everyone placed in teams of five, with eight teams overall in our class of forty students. When Mr. Arena told us the teams, I ended up being put on a team with Omar, Noah, Mouz and Kevin. I knew I would be the weakest link on this team, and I could only hope that the others would not resent me for my nonathletic abilities. Ed was upset that he wasn't put on a team with Eddy or I, but we reassured him that it was only gym class and that he would still have a good time regardless.

Later the bell rang and I was off to another practice secession for Knowledge Bowl, which ended up being the five of us just talking to each other. After that I met up with Ed by his car in the parking lot, with Mouz, Sophia and Omar coming by as well. Omar informed us that the football game would start in half an hour at six-thirty, so the five of us walked over to the football stadium, paid for our tickets and made our way to the bleachers. Soon enough Eddy, Jonny and Travis joined up with us right before the national anthem was sang, the three smelling like smoke and timber. After the anthem I asked Eddy what was with his odor, which he replied was because of some business that he, Jonny and Travis did before the football game.

During the game the eight of us ended up going down to the track, which was where a bunch of students had gathered. Omar waved at Kevin and some other boys who waved back at him. Since Peach Creek High's football team only permits varsity and junior varsity players to stand on the sidelines, the freshman football players like Kevin and Omar were just fans, eagerly awaiting the opportunity to play in a varsity football game one day. Nazz and some of her female friends also approached us as we engaged in conversation with them, which was pleasant to say the least. Rolf then met up with his, apparently having some difficulty at the ticket gate earlier thanks to the fact that the attendant at the booth didn't accept Rolf's "fine strips of bacon" as currency until after several minutes of intense bartering.

Soon I had to stop and use the restroom, so I entered a "porta potty" as they're called to well, do my business. When I was done and walked out, I saw Barack who was walking at a rather fast pace. He saw me told me to avoid this old associate of his named "Luigi", saying that he was bad news and the reason why he was in juvenile detention for so long. Apparently Luigi had just got out of juvenile hall and was looking for Barack at the football game, but Barack did not want anything more to do with Luigi anymore, saying that being around him would only lead to trouble. I told Barack that I would "cover" for him, which he thanked as he quickly entered the porta potty to hide.

As I was searching for the rest of my friends, I felt someone sticking their foot out which tripped me, causing my face to implant on the rough tartan surface. Looking up I glanced at this Asian kid and his friends, staring at me as I got up. Instead of saying anything, they continued to glare at me as I slowly backed up before turning around and hustling away, afraid that they would have the nerve to assault me. When I had finally secured a good deal of distance away from those menacing peers of mine, I ended up bumping into a Hispanic kid who asked me if I saw a kid named Barack. Recognizing this individual as Luigi, I lied and said that I haven't seen him, so Luigi just shoved me into some other peers and continued walking about the track. Then I was asked by these older peers, "What the fuck are you doing?", who I recognized as the smokers who were harassing me in the bathroom on Wednesday. They ended up cornering me under a section in the bleachers and proclaimed that they weren't done "fucking with me". One of them held me down as the other two continued breathing the noxious nicotine fumes into my face, causing me to cough furiously.

Soon enough I saw an arm pull back one of the smokers as a fist then punched him directly in the face, knocking him back some feet. It was Eddy, with Ed, Mouz, Sophia, Omar, Jonny, Rolf and Travis behind him. The other teenagers quickly backed off and started to run, although Eddy managed to jump at the smoker who he punched in the face and continued to pummel him with a barrage of hard hitting punches. While Jonny pulled me back up while Rolf grabbed Eddy off the smoker, telling Eddy that the smoker "had enough". Travis then picked up my harasser and told him to "Never fuck with Double-D again", tossing him aside as then beaten bully crawled away for a bit before getting back up and running. As I used my inhaler to recover, I thanked my friends for saving me, with Travis telling me to "stick with the group" so that another incident like this didn't occur again.

The rest of the game was better I guess, and Peach Creek ended up winning against Strawberry Rill with a score of 28-14. Once the game was over the nine of us walked on over to the gymnasium for the school dance. Unlike the school dances back at Peach Creek Jr. High, these dances were more casual, with many students simply wearing regular attire and the music being whatever was popular at the moment. There were many strobe lights flashing around the gym and in all honesty it gave me a migraine. I was sitting on over at a table away from the hundreds of students dancing about, trying to alleviate some stress as my head continued to throb. Omar and Sophia came by with some soda, sitting next to me as they too admitted they weren't fans of dances, but only came because of Mouz insisting on it.

As I was about to engage in conversation with Omar and Sophia, Ed and Eddy grabbed me and pulled me into the crowd of students, saying that I needed to "live a little". The two threw me into the middle of the cluster as I tried to make my way out, although it was certainly no easy task. I witnessed the strange slender, eerie figure approaching me in the horde of dancing students, so I became more assertive in squeezing through the others to escape this frantic group. Mouz and a group of girls got in my way with their dancing, so I became more frantic in trying to get away from the other teens. Then I felt someone grab my hand, and it turned out to be Ellie, who asked me to partake in this "dancing", saying that she was interested in why other students enjoyed the activity so much. She began to dance around me as I decided to do the same for some strange reason, and soon enough found myself "grinding" on her. I didn't even realize this until I heard Eddy shout, "That a boy Double-D!", as I then noticed him, Ed, Rolf, Jonny and Travis cheering me on for dancing with a girl. Backing up from Ellie, I told her that I had to go while she mentioned her brother would be picking me up at around noon tomorrow.

With some quick and forceful movement I was able to escape the mass gathering of my peers and found my way back to the table that Omar and Sophia were talking at. I sat right back down with them and decided to chat, with the conversations the three of us had being decent and even intriguing at parts. Eddy then came out from the crowd with a few girls who were dressed rather "skimpy" to put it mildly. He asked the three of us if we would be interested in coming over to an after-party at Travis's residence later, with Omar & Sophia declining, the two saying they had to be back at Lemon Brook by midnight. I too had to politely refuse Eddy's offer, saying that I felt like I had already been through a lot today and that I was too introverted to really enjoy partying. Eddy however stated that he was mainly asking Omar and Sophia, not me as I was grabbed by the arm and dragged along by Eddy.

Before I knew it, I was out in the parking lot with Travis, Jonny and Rolf staring at the girls, Eddy and I. Travis told Eddy and the girls to come with him while Rolf would take Jonny in his truck along with the Kankers, with the mention of those girls piercing me like a sharp arrow. I then asked who was taking me to this party I was forcibly attending and suddenly Kevin pulled up in his motorcycle, telling me to "hold on" as he gave me a helmet to wear for safety. With my arms holding onto Kevin for my well-being, he took off with some more pick-up trucks following us. I had no idea what was going on here, and thanks to the helmet on my head and the fast speeds Kevin was driving at, I couldn't even asking where this party would be.

In half an hour we arrived in Cherry Pond and then at a modern trailer house, unlike the older model of trailers commonly seen in the Park N' Flush trailer park back at Peach Creek. Once Kevin parked his motorcycle and got off, some trucks and other cars came by and also parked, with Travis coming out his pick-up and shouting, "Let this party begin!" as the other teens cheered. This party as it turns out was at Travis's trailer, surrounded by forest on all four sides minus a small strip of dirt road. Eddy then approached me and asked me to "live a little" again, giving me a drink to calm my nerves. It tasted rather strange upon consumption and once I quickly recognized the beverage as alcoholic, I stopped drinking it and yelled at Eddy, who at this point was already inside Travis's trailer.

There had to be about roughly forty to fifty kids at this party of Travis's. Jonny told me that I wouldn't have to worry about cops arriving to bust the party, saying that we miles out in the country and that the nearest neighbors to Travis were thousands of feet away. Of course I really didn't want to participate in this illegal party, yet I couldn't help but notice a few things. Rolf was engaged in a game of beer pong, dominating other players with his surprising skill. Kevin and Marie Kanker entered Travis's bedroom with his permission, and Eddy snickering, asking me if I thought that would ever happen. I'll admit, I certainly was surprised at the idea of Kevin and Marie engaging in sexual acts, but as I've grown older, I guess it is to be expected that things I've once considered "impossible" could one day indeed happen.

Now I've just about finished writing what I could for today in my journal as I've wrote this entry in Travis's pick-up truck. As Rolf mentioned earlier, "Life has many doors Ed boy", and I can only wonder what doors have opened and closed in my life. Well, I suppose the others (mainly Eddy) are wondering where I've went off to, so I think I shall store the journal in the glove box of Travis's truck for the rest of the evening. I cannot say for sure what will happen next, but I will be sure to write about it as soon as I can tomorrow.

With hopes that this won't end badly,

Eddward M. Jones
Brimstone Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dusk on Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:58 pm

Saturday, September 15th, 2012

Dear Journal,

To be honest, I have no recollection what happened the previous night after writing my previous journal entry.  I woke up at home around 11:15 AM in my bed, in the clothes I wore yesterday, and my journal resting on the nightstand next to me with a note saying "I didn't read anything!  -Travis"

I learned later from a text message from Eddy that he had talked me into drinking two shots of vodka, and I passed out not long afterwards.  Travis took me home, and it appears that he found my journal but decided not to read it.  I'll have to trust that Travis respects my privacy.

After waking up, panicking a bit due to just waking up in my home with little to no recollection of how I got there, I calmed myself with a shower and changing into much cleaner clothing.  After which, I went downstairs to get some brunch but there was a knock at the door.  Curious, I went to the door, opened it, and there he was.

Tall, thin, pale skin, shaved head, and dressed in a very formal black suit with a matching tie and a white dress shirt.  He stared at me intensely as he towered over me.  I quickly shut the door and ran through the house to the backdoor, ran outside and into the woods.  That man has been shadowing me the past week or so, and now he had found out where I lived!  I didn't know what his endgame was, but I needed to distance myself from him as far as I could.

I ran through the forest, sometimes looking back to see the menacing figure just a bit behind me, or maybe it was my imagination?  Either way I kept going until I ran into a clearing.  Here, I found what appeared to be an abandoned construction site for a park that was in development, and there was a building in the middle that looked like a public restroom.  That man could be here any second, so I hid myself inside the building, hoping that it was all just a nightmare.  Then before I knew it, the slender man was in the building with me.

Then the unthinkable happened as he spoke to me.  He asked if I was Eddward Marion Jones (How did he learn my name?) and I couldn't help but nod.  This man introduced himself as Eli Elms, the older brother of Ellie.  I asked him if he was the one who was following me around the past few weeks, and he confessed that he was, because he was suspicious of me as his sister mentioned me a couple of times.  I'm not too sure if that really justifies his actions, but it is at least a bit understandable.  The two of us then left the building, clearing, and forest, and we got into Eli's car.

So this was the enigmatic Eli, he was a lot more quiet than his sister.  After explaining himself, he hardly said a word to me, only really speaking after being spoken to and in as few words as possible.  The only time I could really get him to talk was when I asked about the sedan, and he said that it was the "Elmsmobile Type E-102" a project car of his that started from a broken down car he found at a junkyard.  He went on to talk about all the things he did with the car and to be honest it started to drag on so much that I almost fell asleep trying to listen.  The fact that I didn't exactly sleep too well didn't help matters.

Soon enough, I found myself in the desert.  Or rather on the edge of the desert.  We were on the outskirts of Lemon Brook, completely isolated from the town.  The Elms home was something I never expected, from what Ellie told me, it used to be a huge fallout shelter they built back in the 50s, but since WW3 didn't happen in that time, it was abandoned, and someone got the bright idea to renovate the shelter into a home.

Other than the car garage, the entrance, the wire fence, and the giant satellite dish in the back yard, the outside of the shelter was barren.  Eli parked the car in the garage, and opened the door for me saying that Ellie was waiting for me downstairs, and that he was going to stay in the garage and work more on his car.  He also said that if I saw any scraps of paper around the house, I should collect them and bring them to him.  I found around eight of them, and they all seemed to be parts of a blueprint for some project he was working on.

I found Ellie at her laptop in what I assumed to be the den of the house, she greeted me even before I had a chance to say anything and she had her back turned towards me.  At first I wondered if she just guessed but it turned out that her laptop was hooked up to the security system her father set up around the house.  She put down the laptop and asked if I was ready to help with her project, and it was at that point that I noticed I haven't eaten anything since the previous night.  Ellie snickered at my empty stomach and told me to help myself with anything from the kitchen and then meet her in her room, giving me directions to each.

After having a small bit to eat, I found Ellie in her laboratory of a room.  The project she wanted my help on was kinda odd, but interesting to say the least.  It's supposedly some sort of audio emitter, and it projected strange sounds Ellie transmitted from her laptop.  She told me that Eli usually helps out with the more mechanical side of her projects, but he's been too busy lately as he takes dual enrollment.  When we were done building the emitter, I noticed that it was getting late and I remembered that my father was coming home tonight.  I told Ellie that I needed to go home early and she was okay with that, telling me thanks for helping out.  Eli gave me a ride back to Peach Creek, thanking me again for getting him his pages, and I went back home.  

In my house, I figured I should welcome my father back by making him dinner.  I prepared lasagna and put it in the oven, and decided to wait for it to bake by texting Ed and Eddy and writing this entry.  

Eddy told me that he, Ed, Rolf, Jonny, and Travis hung out today and that they were still there at this time. Ed sure sounded like he was having fun, he says that Travis and him played a lot of Saints Row Co-op. Eddy also told me about something that had happened between him, Jonny, and Kevin earlier this week.

The two of them had confronted Kevin about his actions towards Nazz, but they didn't really freak out on him, they wanted to hear his side of the story first. They told me that Kevin explained that he's been over Nazz for a long while now and is now in a bit of an open relationship with Marie. He also told them that it was more Nazz who wanted the two of them back together, mostly due to his popularity in school, but he "wasn't having any of that" as Eddy put it. Well, I suppose I can believe it since I saw him and Marie together last night.

All in all, it's been a quick day and I hope father gets home safe.

Until next time,

Eddward M. Jones
Mr. Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dusk on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:59 pm

Just posting here to say the forum game is over. Thank you for your participation! Smile
Mr. Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top