Super Secret Crisis War Comic Series Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Super Secret Crisis War Comic Series Discussion

Post by T-Ed711 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:59 pm

This technically ties into "Books and Comics", but it involves Ed, Edd and Eddy as a major role, setting and all.

Things I noticed in issue #1 (SPOILERS):

Spoiler:
*IDW took quite a few liberties with the character design in this portrayal. It was somewhat noticeable in the covers, but here it feels like the characters had a new designer on board instead of veterans like Raven or Sabrina. It's especially apparent when the characters are not in full focus. It's an interesting choice by the artists.

*The introduction of a new adult character in Peach Creek - a junkyard construction worker. I don't know if IDW took note of Danny's conscious decision not to include very many adults in the show or not, and if Iggy's almost-announcement of an official IDW Ed, Edd n Eddy comic series holds true, we may see adults in the official comic series. Back to the worker - it confirms that there are people who work in the junkyard trying to keep it clean (as best as we know), but that also confirms why the kids are okay with going to the junkyard all the time.
T-Ed711

Location : The South-Western Desert (former) Wasteland of America

Back to top Go down

Re: Super Secret Crisis War Comic Series Discussion

Post by Bleach Behemoth on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:04 am

Does anyone know where I can get some scans of this? I'd be interested to read this for myself to see if it's a hit or miss.
Bleach Behemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Ed711 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:09 am

Bleach Behemoth wrote:Does anyone know where I can get some scans of this? I'd be interested to read this for myself to see if it's a hit or miss.

As far as unofficial page scans go, I have no clue. However, I know Google Play and iTunes have the comic available (and can let you download them online after purchase in the case of Google Play). Comixology also has the comic available for purchase.

I will post this, though.
Spoilers ahoy!:
T-Ed711

Location : The South-Western Desert (former) Wasteland of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:57 pm

When I first saw that adult on the page, I immediately named him Walter for some reason. But aside from that, I fell in hate with this comic solely because of Eds and I can't wait for the next issue.

For those wanting to know more about the rumored series, I am hopefully attending the Boston Comic Con to meet with Katie Cook again with Andy Price and hopefully extract more information and maybe even get a confirmation.

Iggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pure Awesome on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:57 am

"Fell in hate." Oh, you wacky autocorrects.

Something I forgot to mention: leading up to this series, the comics already out began to drop hints of crossing over. Dexter and Deedee appeared in Townsville. Dexter passed by Samurai Jack's universe while perusing alternate universes. And the 2 Stupid Dogs appeared in Dexter #3.

Spoiler:
If I may be honest, I didn't love issue 1. It felt more like a fanfiction than an official publication. But several of the flaws were flaws typical to a first issue, so I'm still optimistic.
There are a lot of nitpicks I have with it though, most of which I'll hold off on until I see more.
Stray notes:
They seem to be setting up an arbitrary conflict between Blossom and Buttercup over who is a better teammate for no reason. Like, it was set up in one panel.

I did like the other villains' utter disdain for the Eds. Aku in particular casually saying "But we might as well conquer their world too."

Other joke I liked: Vilgax noting that Ben has access to thousands of transformations to trounce the robots, but will probably only use two or three.

The writing I will hold off on final thoughts right now, but the art is something that needs addressing now. While I think the Samurai Jack and Omniverse characters and worlds are well captured, the rest leave something to be desired.
The PowerPuffs are okay, but Mojo looks off.
Dexter characters not only feel written out of character, but are often poorly drawn.
And the Eds look baaaaaad. Oddly, writing and drawing quality of the above two match the current states of their respective comics.

Given, I know these are not easy styles to draw, and capturing all five perfectly at once is challenging. But not impossible. And it's been especially disappointing since I haven't thought the non-Jack comics have been good lately. And the fun of seeing these characters interact is cut when they either don't look or don't act like their normal selves.

Anyways: update on the one shots. It's Johnny Bravo, Billy and Mandy, Cow and Chicken, and KND. You know what would have been cool? Time Squad. Maybe in the future.
Pure Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Pure Awesome on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:39 am

Updated release schedule:

8/20
Samurai Jack 11
Crisis War Billy and Mandy One Shot

8/27
Crisis War 3

9/10
Fosters One Shot

9/17
Crisis Wars 4

9/24
Samurai Jack 12

10/22
Crisis War 4
Samurai Jack 13

10/29
Cow & Chicken
Pure Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorFrickinRetro on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:28 am

When can I get issue 1?
DoctorFrickinRetro

Location : center of the Earth next to Parangaricutirimicuaro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top